Search results

1. glreltub

Anyone else use a KENWOOD KT-413?

I love that tuner I had one in black on my first stereo system in 1979! I bought it at the Audio Club in Wurzberg Germany!
  2. glreltub

Need Advice. Klipsch KG 2.5 or Boston a70's for Marantz 2245.

Not sure about the a70's but I have a 2285 that I run with Boston a100's and I love....love...love the sound!
  3. glreltub

Your Favorite Album of All Time

Without a doubt The Clash - London Calling. I could listen to it everyday and not get tired of it.
  4. glreltub

Device to stream Netflix from ?

I use my PS3. It works great for streaming Netflix and can play Blue-Ray disc's or DVD's, Check my e-mail, and play a game or two of Madden with my son! Not a bad machine for less than $300.00.
  5. glreltub

Marantz 2265 vs 2265B?

Love my 2285! Welcome to the club!
  6. glreltub

Chance to buy Boston Accoustics A-100

I really enoy my A-100's. Well worth the asking price.
  7. glreltub

Any 2285 (not B) owners out there?

Here are a couple of pics of my 2285 in my system. They are not great but I'm no photographer. I have done a few things to her since I picked her up at a yard sale. I have replaced all lights, parchment paper and cleaned and deoxited all controls. All functions work and she sounds sweet! I would...
  8. glreltub

Any 2285 (not B) owners out there?

I found a 2285 at a yard sale for a song. After cleaning up with DeOxit and oiling the wood cab it sounds great with my Boston Acoustic A100's. I have not been able to find much information about the receiver other than it was only made for one year and the 2285b replaced it. I guess it is...
  9. glreltub

Greatest Rock Guitarist

Not one mention of Eric Clapton? Wow.........
  10. glreltub

Any interest in AK NCAA tournament bracket competition?

My brackets done. don't know a thing about basketball though:banana:
  11. glreltub

Akai GX-635D takedown procedure and a question...

Great post. You provided a lot of very useful information. I have my 635d tore apart right now, trying to figure out why I have no out put in either channel. Where can you find a service manual?
  12. glreltub

Does Everyone Like Frank Zappa?

I remember going to a little record shop in Wurzburg germany in 1979 and buying my first Zappa LP, Sheik Yerbouti, I've been hooked ever since. My (now) wife turned me onto the Mothers when we first started going out, with the live disc "Just Another Band from LA" Everybody should listen...
  13. glreltub

Akai GX 635D problem

I have the diagram but no scope. It was working fine a couple of days ago. and both channels at once is just strange.
  14. glreltub

Akai GX 635D problem

OK I have replaced all the transistors and cleaned all the switches. Both channels give off a blip of sound when I press the monitor (source/tape) button but no output.any ideas? this is driving me mad!
  15. glreltub

Akai GX 635D problem

My 635 has been working fine up until today. When I play a reel i get no sound from either channel. If i press the monitor (source/tape) button, I get a very brief burst of sound and then nothing once again. I have a schematic of the unit and have noted that the monitor switch is sw-3 as best I...
  16. glreltub

Zappa. I need recommended songs fom him.

Sheil Yerboti is my fav Zappa lp with Zappa classics "I have been in you", "Jewish Princess", "Bobby Brown goes down" and many more.
  17. glreltub

Reel to Reel? Am I crazy?

I love my Akai GX-635d running through my Marantz 2285., you can't get much sweeter sound than that. Another great thing I have found since I have had my reel to reel is listening to old recorded tapes made by people back in the day. I bought a lot of 40 or so 7" reels from someone on craigslist...
  18. glreltub

How do you listen to your computer music?

I use a sound blaster sound card hooked up to a Tivoli model two with a model subwoofer and model cd. The Tivoli sounds very nice for what it is and the components styling is very pleasing.
  19. glreltub

Akai SCORE

Great score. I picked up minty GX-635d in Ausin a few weeks ago for $75.00. I'm lovin' it!!:music::music:
  20. glreltub

Pioneer PL-518x help

I am having trouble with my PL-518X. The tables will spin then stop then spin then stop. Any ideas as to what would cause this?:scratch2::scratch2:
  21. glreltub

Help with Marantz 2285

Thanks for the advice The unit has been Cleaned with DeOxit. I am listening to the unit now and after about the first 15 minutes of use it seems to fix itself. Checking each solder joint seems to be a heck of a tedious job. What are these old bad eyes looking for on the joints? I mean i...
  22. glreltub

Help with Marantz 2285

Help... my 2285 right channel is intermittent. It will cut in and out at random. If I engage the MPX noise filter button it will come on. And if I slide the Balance slider to the right and then back to center it will come on and play correctly for awhile then cut out again. The controls have...
  23. glreltub

What do you condider the greatest double LP?

The Clash - London Calling Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive
  24. glreltub

How much invested in your current set up?

I know most on this forum have gone through many set ups. I was just wondering how much ak'ers had invested in their current set ups. My current set up is as follows: Marantz 2285 receiver $40.00 NAD 6240 cassette deck $5.00 Boston Acoustics a100 speakers...
Back
Top Bottom