Search results

1. Wolverine

Wolverine’s Headphone system

Since downsizing to our new one level house playing music at off hours has become a bit more of an issue. So the idea occurred to me that creating a headphone system using some of my extra gear might be a good solution. I only have a pair of Bose AE2 headphones so I will need to upgrade them but...
  2. Wolverine

New House-New Room

So since retiring on 12/1/22 it has been a bit of a whirlwind. We decided to downsize and move closer to the kids so that meant a new house and a new (smaller) listening room. Decided to get some new Pangea racks though the gear is the same. Amps = Adcom GFA-555 (rebuilt) Preamp = Adcom GFP-565...
  3. Wolverine

Audio Technica ART9 Questions

So recently I was the recipient of some amazing generosity by a fellow audio enthusiast who gifted me several Audio Technica cartridges; AT-0C9XSL Dual Moving Coil, AT-ART9 MC cartridge and a AT-F2 MC cartridge. I have a VPI Traveler as my main turntable that has a AT-VM95SH MM cartridge on it...
  4. Wolverine

At it again….

Due to my multi-channel preamp dying I decided to go strictly 2-channel.
  5. Wolverine

We just got in this collection... Part II

So last week I was able to score some nice titles from a collection recently dropped off at a local record store. I decided to go back tonight to see if I could find more titles of interest. I did not get as many bargains as last week but I am happy with my finds. As with last week all titles in...
  6. Wolverine

We just got in this collection.....

Walked into one of the local record stores and was greeted with "We just got in this collection"..... They are all in Near Mint to VG+ condition as the owner would record and store a digital copy and then store the record. Here is some of what I think are some of the better titles of the 15 I...
  7. Wolverine

Radio crosstalk in speakers?

This morning after I powered up my system and was letting it warm up I started to hear faint voices. I had no sources playing at the time and there is no tuner in the system. The voices appear to be from some type of radio (possibly internet)talk show and are there regardless of the source on my...
  8. Wolverine

Take care of your needles - sticky?

Posting this PSA regarding “needle” care that I found in my Columbia pressing of the “Porgy and Bess” original soundtrack. I am sure some here will find the info on “osmium” helpful. :D
  9. Wolverine

Shine on you Crazy Diamond

Added a little lighting….
  10. Wolverine

My my VPI

I mentioned it in the Capitol Audio Fest thread that I was fortunate to come across a new old stock VPI Traveler. Was able to get it at a price below a brand new Cliffwood turntable so it was a no brainer to pull the trigger on it. While waiting for the original box to be delivered by no less...
  11. Wolverine

Should I upgrade my phono stage?

So I have in the last couple of years raised my interest in Vinyl though 2 of my turntables are entry level (Fluance RT81 with a Shure 97x and a Audio Technica LP120XUSB with a VMN95ML) and the 3rd an older Technics SL-D3 with a Ortofon 2M Blue. My phono stages are provided by a Schitt Mani, a...
  12. Wolverine

Jackson Browne new release, Downhill from Everywhere

Being a big Jackson Browne fan I was already excited about this new release. Got even more excited when my favorite local record store called me tell me I won a drawing for the CD "Downhill from Nowhere" and an autographed pic!! Listening to it now and very impressed with it. He has not lost a...
  13. Wolverine

What is behind some Dangerous Toys

It has been mentioned before on AK that Comedian/Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham is a bit of a audiophile. Well look closely for his garage system in this video that was brought to my attention by my brother. BTW- For many of us the toys in this video are ones we had back in the day.
  14. Wolverine

Gifted a pair of Snell J IV

A co-worker who is the original owner dropped off a pair of Snell J IV’s. The cabinets are good , the grill cloth has come loose from the frame in places and they need to be refoamed. I have plenty of quality speakers but having never heard Snell’s I thought they would be worth a refoam...
  15. Wolverine

Unsealed my Classic Records Kind of Blue pressing

I finally decided this morning to unseal a copy of the 2001 Classic Records pressing of “Kind of Blue”. All the talk I have been hearing of the recent QRP release of this title just made me realize that just having this version sitting on the shelf made no sense. Probably will not sit down to...
  16. Wolverine

Impulse 60th Anniversary reissues

For fans of the Blue Note Tone Poet series the Impulse version of that series had its initial release yesterday and I picked up the first two titles. Acoustic Sound recordings pressed at QRP and mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling. I will be spinning them today but the covers and quality is...
  17. Wolverine

All amped up about another piece from Mayank!

I was fortunate yet again to be the beneficiary of @Mayank's skill and generosity this weekend! I picked up an wonderfully recapped and modified Adcom 535II that I have set up to bi-amp along with a pair of rebuilt Adcom 565’s also done by @Mayank. Thank you again my friend!!
  18. Wolverine

My amp had a screw loose ... it is crazy

So several years ago I bought a Adcom 535 amp off of EBay that was described as being in good working order. It arrived and after trying it out with some dispensable speakers without any problems it went into use and until last week worked perfectly with a variety preamps and sources. Last week...
  19. Wolverine

Any Tone Poet fans here?

Have gotten a bit more serious about Jazz this past year and picked up a few of the Tone Poet series last Fall. They were very impressive so I am trying to collect the series. Great covers and the mastering of these reissues by Kevin Gray @ Cohearent Audio is always top notch. Basically the same...
  20. Wolverine

Anyone watching Condor on Epix?

Caught episode 1 last week and really enjoyed it. Last night's episode delivered as well. William Hurt is a nice touch to what appears to be a very solid cast. Bonus for me that both episodes were shot in the DC-VA area and had some recognizable backdrops that I recall from time spent in the...
  21. Wolverine

Elan VIA Dj questions/issues

I picked up an older Elan Via DJII Music server that was available locally on Ebay for not too much. The owner said it came with the house and he had the original box and what he believed to be the original remote. Cosmetically it is in excellent condition and powers up. Looking at the manual...
  22. Wolverine

Winter Project Done

Decided to just combine my HT and Stereo setups into one space. Tired but happy with the results.
  23. Wolverine

Anyone using multiple CD/SACD players?

So I know people have several turntables with different cartridges in their systems because they impact the Music differently. Anyone doing something similar with CD/SACD players? I have several respectable but older players; Oppo BDP-83SE Sony DVP-S9000ES Yamaha DVD-S2700 They all use...
  24. Wolverine

Warriors ... Come out to play...

The 80’s cult classic “The Warriors” is playing this morning on HBO. The DJ just dropped the needle on a dedication to them using a Shure M-44 cartridge.....
  25. Wolverine

Kenwood Audio Purist KA and KT-900 Find

Spotted some unique looking Kenwood gear with a badge that said Audio Purist. $20 for an amp and tuner seemed like a no brainer even though I already have enough gear. The KA-900 with its plastic side panels and knobs shows signs that costs were being cut. Tested it with some Minimus 7W’s and I...
Back
Top Bottom