Search results

1. patrickmcc23

Bought a replacement volume pot for Marantz 3600 and now it’s broken: Do Not Buy From Hifiaudio_com

Does anyone here have an original, but faulty 50k volume control from a Marantz 3600 preamp or equivalent they would like to donate to me to see if I can come up with a fix, rebuild or modified replacement for all of us that need one? If so, please message me on AK. Thanks in advance...
  2. patrickmcc23

Bought a replacement volume pot for Marantz 3600 and now it’s broken: Do Not Buy From Hifiaudio_com

Really sorry you guys had a bad experience with that hifiaudio seller on ebay. He sounds like a real piece of work. I want to thank all of you for saving me the headache of buying from this ......person of questionable selling ethics. I almost bought one from him yesterday (08-28-2020). What...
  3. patrickmcc23

Marantz 2015 Receiver Tuner Help Needed

Thank you MBuras for the C140 info, sets my mind at ease and I will check wires for internal breakage with my DVM, thanks for that suggestion . Quite a bit of stress is put upon some of the wires during removal of selector switch from chassis. Do you happen to know if the 47uf cap on the...
  4. patrickmcc23

Marantz 2015 power board problem

Would you mind posting a photo of your Marantz 2015 tuner board, focusing on the end with the 4 blue chokes? My tuner board has C140 electrolytic capacitor installed with the polarity reversed from what is printed on the PC board. Thanks in advance. Patrick P.S. I have the earlier 2015 with 4...
  5. patrickmcc23

Marantz 2015 Receiver Tuner Help Needed

Just finished recap of my Marantz 2015 receiver and noticed the C140 (10uf 16v) electrolytic capacitor on the tuner board is installed with the polarity reversed. Is that correct? Did Marantz make a polarity marking error on the PC board? I have looked at the photos of the tuner board on the...
  6. patrickmcc23

My Marantz 3600 pre amplifier needs a companion amplifier

Thank you all for your input. Thank you airtime for the recommendation to go with the 250M. I kinda thought it would turn out this way. I once had a Marantz 250m and a Marantz Model 140. Both sounded great and could kick myself for selling them 10 yrs ago.
  7. patrickmcc23

High $$$ starting at $700. on eBay and even higher for the 170dc. Did any other company make an amp comparable to the 140 or 250 in sound quality either newer or vintage
  8. patrickmcc23

Just finished recap of my Marantz 3600 pre amp and looking for some solid information to what amplifier I can couple it with. The Marantz 250 & 250M are too expensive and due to their age can be problematic, even when they were new, but they do sound good to my ears when they are in good working...
  9. patrickmcc23

Heads up for Sony TA-N55es type amp owners.....

I picked up 2 Sony TA-N55ES amplifiers at Goodwill about a year ago and when I switched from "bridged" to stereo mode, left channel on both amplifiers does not work. All fuses are good. Any ideas? I need someone who is very familiar with these amps. Is this a common problem with this model being...
  10. patrickmcc23

Marantz Model 2015 Non Dolby Receiver Face Plate Replacement

I have a Marantz 2015 receiver in need of a clean, scratch free faceplate with all lettering, ect intact.
  11. patrickmcc23

Marantz 2015 Non Dolby Receiver Face Plate Replacement

opps! wrong category. See Dollars & Sense
  12. patrickmcc23

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

I have a Marantz 2015 receiver in need of a clean, scratch free faceplate with all lettering, ect intact. There is a guy on eBay that makes the black faced, white lettered faceplates for assorted vintage gear, but needs 5+ serious buyers to produce the standard silver face, black lettering or...
  13. patrickmcc23

Considering buying a AX-900 with 'defective' input selector

Nice rare silver faced unit. If your sound level is higher on the left side and the pot is clean, you might want to check out your idling current levels and make sure they are correct. You can download a free service manual at Hi-Fi Engine. Here is a direct...
  14. patrickmcc23

Considering buying a AX-900 with 'defective' input selector

Nice rare silver faced unit. If your sound level is higher on the left side and the pot is clean, you might want to check out your idling current levels and make sure they are correct. You can download a free service manual at Hi-Fi Engine. Here is a direct link...
  15. patrickmcc23

Marantz 250M M-250M-5 Service Bulletin Mod Info Needed

Marantz 250M Thank you for the link. I tried to find the output transistors using the part numbers listed in the Marantz 250M M-250M-5 Service Bulletin with no luck. I have heard there is an ON Semiconductor equivalent ???
  16. patrickmcc23

Marantz 250M M-250M-5 Service Bulletin Mod Info Needed

Looking for information on where to find the correct replacement Pre-Driver, Driver and Output Transistors outlined in the Marantz M-250M-5 Service Bulletin. I want to maintain the original Marantz intended sound quality. Also any other real information relating to the 250M would be greatly...
  17. patrickmcc23

Akai GX-77 won't record/erase in forward direction

Playback in both directions operates as it should, but will only record & erase in reverse direction. I don't know if there is a mechanical switch that is triggered with a solenoid or if it is just an electrical switch.I hope it is not in a logic circuit problem. I would really appreciate some...
  18. patrickmcc23

walsh tweeter design/rebuild

Loquatious- Yeah, those were mine that FedEx trashed back in '07. I never saw any cash out of that, because the guy I bought them from insured them and he was the one to get any monetary compensation. He did send me another pair, but they are Monitor II's not IIa's to my disappointment. I really...
  19. patrickmcc23

Thank you village elder. Do you have any pics to share on your Monitor IIa's? YOUR walshes are beauties, look new. I am a huge fan of the Infinity classics. I have had a pair of Infinity 2000 II speakers since 1977, when I purchased them new and they have never been a disappointment. I have...
  20. patrickmcc23

Loquatious, This nugget of information is far from long-winded. It is very educational and helpful. For those of us dealing with the "Foam" issue on Infinity Walsh Tweeters, it's golden! Many Thanks BTW, do you happen to have a correct or updated crossover schematic for your Monitor IIa...
  21. patrickmcc23

New Here! My Infinity WTLC Rebuild

I am looking for a pair of original 12" woofers for my Infinity Monitor II speakers that can be restored, likewise a quad set of 10" woofers for my column II project and correct or updated schematics for both. FYI as of this posting, there are some Infinity Walsh Tweeters to be had on eBay and...
  22. patrickmcc23

Infinity 2000 II Speakers

Thanks for the info. The run in time I have on the new caps is only about 20 hours. Mids have new reverse roll surrounds, tweeters are fine, walsh tweeters are new, but I have yet to replace the surrounds on the woofers. Whoever did it last, did a sloppy job. Until then, I have a pair of JL-W1...
  23. patrickmcc23

Coastsider, I Forgot to add this to my previous post. What did you do to your crossover?
  24. patrickmcc23

The crossover is my main concern. I replaced the original SEC (1.75 mfd & 3.5 mfd) and T.I. (12.5 mfd) capacitors with Jantzen Crosscaps ( 1.8 mfd, 3.3 mfd and 12.0 mfd ) and left the rest intact, resistors and inductors. I am wondering now if I should have left the originals in place. The...
  25. patrickmcc23

I bought a pair of Infinity 2000 II speakers new back in 1977 and loved them from the first night of music played through them. Over the years, I have tried out various different speakers to see if they had a better sound, but always came back to my 2000 II's. I am looking for someone that has...
Back
Top Bottom