Search results

1. rsrguy

Pioneer pl-750

I like this tt. It has better specs than most of the entry level (fluance, etc) tt's and has a functional auto return. What I'd like to know is, has anyone built a heavier/upgrade platter for this, or if it would even work with the dd system? Guy
  2. rsrguy

Pioneer pl-750 tt

I like this tt. It has better specs than most of the entry level (fluance, etc) tt's and has a functional auto return. What I'd like to know is, has anyone built a heavier/upgrade platter for this, or if it would even work with the dd system? Guy
  3. rsrguy

Please Help!

I have a Marantz pm8004. Sounds awesome with the ns-1000's .. I have vandersteen 2w sub and it's crossover. I'm stumped... All the destructions are for separate amp and pre... I thought all I had to do was jack the cross into the pre out and the cross to the wx2. But the manual shows signal...
  4. rsrguy

Let's see them ONLY CUSTOM consoles, racks, shelves etc

I'm toying with some ideas for slab oak/or other wood varieties and wrought iron, also toward the other extreme mid century modern or mission style. What have you done that is beautiful and not manufactured, take some snaps of your handiwork, and share it.
  5. rsrguy

Compatability

I just bought a Marantz pm8004 ... What do I need to run the optical audio from my TV into the pm8004 ? Or is that a poor idea? If it's doable which input should I use since I'm using the aux in for streaming. Will it work through the recorder in?
  6. rsrguy

Is there such a thing and is it any good?

I stumbled into a NIB (by the looks of it) Audio Technica at155LC/G.....? It's gold (the cartridge anyway) . Nude, line contact
  7. rsrguy

Tannoy Dorset t-185... What can you learn me about them?

I found a local pair and was thinking about them for the shop. I've never heard a set and wondered who has them and what you think ?
  8. rsrguy

Do I need one

Do I need a DAC, and if so what do I need? I'd like to Link my Samsung smart TV to my vintage pioneer system (aux). 2. Link my digital music library (on pc) to the pioneer system as well. 3. Have wireless control of the DAC, via my phone or laptop. And lastly 4. Be able to stream from my apple...
  9. rsrguy

Pioneer MC carts

Does anyone know if the PN-41MC stylus Wil fit my PN-5MC cart? Is this a cart worthy of a re-build/re-tip?
  10. rsrguy

Super excited!!!

After 35 years I get to be an audiophile... When I was a kid, I couldn't afford this stuff, when I had kids I REALLY couldn't afford this stuff. Well, now I've been able to get into it a bit at a time. My wife got us into it, we went to see bohemian rhapsody and all the sudden she wanted to...
  11. rsrguy

1st hifi and how to get the most from it

I found the following system and picked it up for just under 2 Jacksons.. Pl-750 Cs-b500 speaks Sa-950 amp Tx-950 It has the obligatory dual cassette deck and a 5 cd changer The TT has the stock spherical MC cart but the cantilever is bent. The whole thing sounds decent even with the jacked...
  12. rsrguy

Newb gets a (new to him) vintage system

Greetings, I'm starting from scratch after 35 or so years since I last spun up my original Asia lp. I bought a well kept early 80's pioneer set in its original rack, it's the setup that came with the pl-750. What would I guy with this do as far as upgrade priorities ?
Back
Top Bottom