Search results

1. W

Stereo receiver, Onkyo

I’ve noticed a hum from the unit itself when it’s powered on, but no issues with the way it sounds, It’s not transmitted through the speakers. It has an adjustable gain on the phono section so you can match it to the level of your other inputs, avoiding any holy crap moments when you switch...
  2. W

Stereo receiver, Onkyo

Sony STRDH190... $150ish pretty much everywhere. It’s pretty shallow so it fits on most shelves, looks pretty good, sounds good. I went with it when my vintage Sony died and I missed the sale price on the Pioneer Elite A20 integrated amp (currently $199 on amazon). I was leaning towards the...
  3. W

Sony SS-CS3 and SS-CS5 have me cleaning house

I just picked up a pair of the SS-CS5s last week for a too good to pass up $73... hooked them up and I could not believe my ears! Contemplated sending them back for the floor speakers, but it kind of negated the amazing price since they were more than four times what I paid for the book shelves...
  4. W

Recommended Modern Speakers

I didn’t go through the whole thread to see if anyone mentioned them already, but for $73 on sale, the Sony SS-CS5 bookshelf speakers far exceeded my expectations. They replaced a pair of 20 year old unknown model 5.25” Polks that have always sounded flat to me. Bass is more than I expected...
Back
Top Bottom