Search results

1. zoombrewer77

Technics SL-1200MK7 Turntable

I’ve been mulling over flipping my MKII and getting something new. Had my eyes on a 1500 but a black MK7 is in the list now.
  2. zoombrewer77

Cleaning Jackets/Sleeves?

I’ve been blowing my old sleeves out with a cheapie ballon inflator. Moderately valuable records get a new MoFi or off brand MoFi style rice paper anti static sleeve. I haven’t had to re-clean anything yet.
  3. zoombrewer77

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

What cartridge are you running? My Grado hums at about 1/4 the volume my Shures and Pickerings do. Not an issue once it’s in the groove. I think you’re right about the grounding but I haven’t tried to reproduce it. To throw one more at you, have you tried flipping the polarity of the power plug?
  4. zoombrewer77

Kenny KD-3100 troubles

Picked up a KD-3100 “for parts or repair” from Goodwill auction. Wanted a “fake rock” as it has the composite plinth, just not as solid. Looked to need a weight, had no headshell. No biggie, I’ll get cheapies. I have a weight that fits, and a couple of carts mounted for my Technics. I haven’t...
  5. zoombrewer77

BIC 80Z Turntable

Doug’s your guy here. Helped me get my 40z up from a simple dries grease issue. Grab your multimeter and iron and you’ll find the problem in no time.
  6. zoombrewer77

Had An Extra Cartridge, Needed A Tonearm, Then Needed A Table. So I Got This

Perhaps just Blue Tac to keep it from shifting? anyway, good to be a pig, etc...
  7. zoombrewer77

BIC 80Z Turntable

I had a 40z. Decent table. Luckily for me I didn't have the issue you present here, as the 40 doesn't have the display and therefore a much simpler board, but it may be worth your time to at least try to sort it out.
  8. zoombrewer77

Anybody NOT like colored vinyl?

It’s an open ended question on an Internet forum. Count yourself lucky it hasn’t devolved into a cleaning solution argument yet, or direct drive vs. belt...
  9. zoombrewer77

I have a World Records Hank Mobley. Sounds terrible. We've talked about this before. Down to the crazies on scooters.
  10. zoombrewer77

Going to check out a vintage AR XA turntable tomorrorow

I’m still trying to acclimate myself to the market I’ve contributed to inflating. That’s actually a fair price for a clean, complete, and operational unit. The original dust cover is an ugly thing. I use mine but I’d rather get a new acrylic one. Only like $125 on the auction site but they’re...
  11. zoombrewer77

Doesn’t bother me. I clean em and spin em. A few of my favorites are on colored vinyl. More of my faves are black. Makes me no difference.
  12. zoombrewer77

Going to check out a vintage AR XA turntable tomorrorow

325 is a little high, but if it runs and the arm’s not messed up, it’s your money, not mine. It’ll take any 1/2” cart that can mount from the bottom.
  13. zoombrewer77

Another turntable upgraditis question.

I would a/b them with your favorite cables on hand, and decide from there. I’m making my own Blue Jeans for my AR, all in for like $20, and there’s literally nothing that could convince me that $1600 cables would be worth $1580 more.
  14. zoombrewer77

Another turntable upgraditis question.

And I’m out here running on $2 Goodwill Monster cables...
  15. zoombrewer77

Did Shure stop making cartridges?

Second this. I foolishly sold the M91 that came with my AR-XA and decided I wanted one, got it on the Bay with a new aftermarket elliptical for the same price I sold the cart body. Basically got a free stylus and sold an untested cart body to someone who wanted that. Win-win.
  16. zoombrewer77

What TT's do you folks have

Same here. I have zero albums from him, due to his long time free download policy and now Spotify. I should fix that. I bought a 7" at a show once but I don't have it now, for some reason.
  17. zoombrewer77

What TT's do you folks have

That’s a start. love that Jeff Rosenstock disc too.
  18. zoombrewer77

Buying lots of records lately.......

Three Elvis Costello records from Barter Town, and a John Lee Hooker and a Mingus from Acoustic Sounds were on the porch today. Real nice mail call.
  19. zoombrewer77

Mine was right at $200, and it ran perfectly after a new belt and a little oil for the motor. Normal stuff really. The springs are tired and I should do something about that, but I have zero complaints otherwise.
  20. zoombrewer77

AM Audio’s RIAA JFET Phono Preamplifier Kit

I've been weighing whether I want to build this. Picked up an old Heathkit tube amp at a yard sale that I think will make a snazzy looking addition to my rack, but I have no desire to restore that guy, and don't want to keep it. It's worthless otherwise, but looks awesome. Am I nuts? Certainly...
  21. zoombrewer77

Happy Birthday zoombrewer77!

Thank you! Working early today, spending the rest of the day with good beers, good food, and good music. Should be a good day.
  22. zoombrewer77

Buying lots of records lately.......

Nice list. We’d get along fairly well.
  23. zoombrewer77

You know how little this helps, right? Kidding man, I’m just glad we’re all keeping these sweet little tables alive. I see mine going in one of my kids’ homes some day.
  24. zoombrewer77

Now y’all are just making me mad. I considered mine a bargain, y’all stole yours.
  25. zoombrewer77

The lady said it needed a LOT of work. Well...that’s why I wanted it. I cleansed my wounds with a quick record store trip. Leadbelly and John Lee Hooker will help.
Back
Top Bottom