Search results

1. Jazzmuso

Yamaha CDS 3000 belts

Hi friends - friend from the Hi fi club searching for a full set of replacement belts for the CDS 3000 SA CD player. The belt that lifts the tray has gone but he wants to replace all belts. Does anyone have an idea of the part numbers and where we might enquire about replacements. Local Yamaha...
  2. Jazzmuso

Yamaha M2 Input level Pots / Volume knobs

Hi everyone - best wishes for 2024 I am having a problem with the right input level control on my M2 amplifier. It turns with difficulty and induces a hum for a few minutes when I switch on from cold. Not sure there is an equivalent replacement part of whether it can be sorted with Deoxit or...
  3. Jazzmuso

M2 speaker connection area on binding posts

A fellow on another forum suggested that the M2 stock binding posts was designed for bare wire connection through the hole in the binding post. Apparently that and a small area around the central post is the only real contact with wire. So if one uses thick wire with big spades the context is...
  4. Jazzmuso

Yamaha NS 1000M L Pad issue

I noticed that my right channel was a bit softer or less forward than the left for a while now. After doing the cable swaps etc I isolated the right channel tweeter attenuator as the possible cause of the problem. It had some dead spots in the range. I moved it around full range quite a few...
  5. Jazzmuso

Yamaha DSP 3090A switch on problem

Hi everyone. This amplifier is being used in 2 channel mode in a "kitchen / dining room" system because it sounds so good. It recently presented a switch on problem: some protection kicks in even before the amp can switch on. Anybody had a similar problem and can advise on a route to follow in...
  6. Jazzmuso

Pegs for Yamaha NS 1000 speaker covers

HI I recall a thread that covered this topic but cannot find it on this forum. I also seem to recall that Avionic provided a URL for parts express I think where these are available. I would appreciate it if someone could assist with where one can purchase those - its the small plastic peg with...
  7. Jazzmuso

Yamaha C4 preamplifier on / off switch problem

Have not been using my main system with C4 M2 amplifiers for about two months now. Fired up today all good. After a while I noticed preamp not on. Tried to switch it on again then found switch was not staying in position. Not sure what it is - switch broken, dirty, etc.... I suspect at best I...
  8. Jazzmuso

Yamaha FX3 woofer surrounds

A friend scored a pair of these great speakers. Woofer surrounds (rubbery material) on the way down on one of the speakers. We looked for orange county speakers but they seem to have closed down. Any suggestions of where we might look for replacement surrounds for FX3 woofer? Nothing...
  9. Jazzmuso

Battery grip for Canon 1200D

I have been searching for a battery grip for this camera and saw some on Amazon and some other net sellers. Dealers and friends warn against buying. The reason given is that Canon never made one as it is seen as an entry level camera. Any advice or leads to where I might find one?
  10. Jazzmuso

Yamaha NS 10 inconsistency in sound of speaker pair

I have been using a pair of NS10 speakers bought second hand as desk top speakers for domestic use for a few months. They are the original NS10 and show some wear on cabinets but not too bad. The drivers are in full working order (they all play) and I started to enjoy the detail and separation...
  11. Jazzmuso

Yamaha NS 10 restorable cabinets?

I have found a pair of these speakers for sale. Have been hankering after a pair as a Yamaha fan and for its Iconic status. Would like to use it in my home office. Seller admits cabinets not in good shape so just checking on opinions for restore possibility. I have seen posts of folks who "copy"...
  12. Jazzmuso

Do "Vintage amps " become dangerous at some point

My amplifiers are close to or older that 40 years. had them serviced recently and tech felt he only needed to do minor adjustments and some soldering here and there. He says caps all OK and in spec and a waste of time and money to replace, often with little improvement. Others are warning that...
  13. Jazzmuso

NS 1000 M crossover recap

This discussion is always popping up all over. Every time I have some folks around for a listening session someone mentions the risk I am taking by playing the speakers in its original form - no crossover cap replacement. The ironic thing is that most folks love my sound and compliment me on...
  14. Jazzmuso

marantz PM 94 - keeping it cool

I read short write up found at http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pm-94-or-1300dc.319785/#post-3978224 Just checking if there are any further ideas on this topic. We (Cape Town Hi fi Club) have a restored and functional PM 94 amplifier and all fear that it runs a bit hot. We love...
  15. Jazzmuso

Yamaha AS 1000 as preamplifier

I see that the AS 1000 has pre amp out and main in sockets. Does that mean it can be used as a preamp? Anyone tried that and have some feedback?
  16. Jazzmuso

IC for Yamaha M35 amp - STK 4863

My M35 amplifier does not switch on after engaging the power switch. Seems not to go beyond initial relay (protection). Tech says it does this because IC 4863 is gone. Any idea where I might start looking for this part? Agents do not have it and it is apparently pretty scarce item. Anybody...
  17. Jazzmuso

NS 144 Tweeter

Anyone know the part number for NS 144 tweeters - A friend needs a pair of tweeters. Bought a second hand pair and both tweeters seem to be shot. Any views on the performance of these speakers/
  18. Jazzmuso

Yamaha NS 10 speakers

Anybody here using these. I know they are mainly used in studios but were originally consumer products. They fetch amazing prices and have held their value like few other products, in fact their value has increased exponentially in my opinion. Why is this so? Really good speaker or novelty...
  19. Jazzmuso

Yamaha CX 630 preamp

I have been offered a Yam CX 630 - I rarely say no to Yamaha stuff but would not like to buy a mediocre product (highly unlikely for Yamaha) but there are varying levels of product as we all know. What I mean is that I don't want to spend money on something that's not really worth having. The...
  20. Jazzmuso

Yamaha NS 5000 speakers - link

I think all Yamaha NS 1000 are at the edge of their seats since the news of the NS 5000 development and release. I certainly am not in that segment of the market but keen to know what it sounds like and how it compares to the / my beloved NS 1000. Not sure this was posted already but think this...
  21. Jazzmuso

NS 1000M - one speaker softer

I have been using my NS 1000 M with 2 amplifiers - I and two friends have the distinct impression and experience that the left speaker is softer and has less sparkle and attack than the right one. I swapped speakers around and its definitely the case. What is the possible cause? Problem with...
  22. Jazzmuso

Yamaha NS 1000M one speaker softer

I have been using my NS 1000 M with 2 amplifiers - I and two friends have the distinct impression and experience that the left speaker is softer and has less sparkle and attack than the right one. I swapped speakers around and its definitely the case. What is the possible cause? Problem with...
  23. Jazzmuso

Yamaha M35 amplifier relay

My trusty M35 used for desk top sound stopped working today. The relay or protection which clicks after switch on is not working. Hope this is not a part thats no longer available. Any ideas and suggestions.
  24. Jazzmuso

Yamaha CDX1110 CD player display problem

My CD player has gone potty - when I switch it on screen readout is fine. I insert CD, play and all goes fine for a few minutes. Display then becomes scrambled and jumps around, but music still plays fine. I have to wait for it to stabalise for a few minutes so that I can eject CD or have to...
  25. Jazzmuso

C4 preamp operating tempreature

Do these preamps run hot, especially on the side of the volume knob. I have heard that they run pretty hot because of the 'upside down' arrangements of the circuit boards in some parts of the chassis. Mine has been hot but now seems to be running hotter than normal. I have the M2 power amp...
Back
Top Bottom