Search results

1. reguerena37

Bad Filter Caps on SX-1980

I noticed that one of my filter capacitors was running 10 degrees hotter than the other three. The ESR for the four were all above 21K. After removing the suspected bad cap, it had a large bulge on the bottom where the other three didn’t. Can someone recommend replacement caps that aren’t sold...
  2. reguerena37

New to me. Fisher 400 & X101-B

Thank you for the advise on my 400 and the X-101-B. I will have to order all new tubes. Some were missing or broken. Also, I will give Fred Longworth a call. He's only an hour.
  3. reguerena37

Thanks. I will take both of them with me to get a service quote. My hope is to get the 400 up and running first. It just looks amazing and from all that I've read, sounds amazing.
  4. reguerena37

Hello Fisher fans. I am new to the Fisher tube experience. I recently purchased 2 Fisher units, the 400 and the X101-B that both need to go to my tech before I get to enjoy listening to them. They both need a full set of tubes and the cost for the tech service. Like my of you, my budget is...
  5. reguerena37

Southern California Registry

Ruben from Temecula wine country! I have been enjoying all my older gear, while I spin 60's and 70's classics. Currently I have systems setup, my McIntosh 240, with a Harmon Kardon Citation preamp and Pioneer HPM 100's are connected to that. The music room has the Pioneer SX-980, Pioneer...
  6. reguerena37

McIntosh 240 Setup

The MC240 sounds awesome through the HPMs. I don’t think I’ve ever had a better configured stereo system. And I’ve had a lot of different components in my life. This is the first for a tube amp. Thank you.
  7. reguerena37

McIntosh 240 Setup

Thanks for easing my mind. I appreciate your help.
  8. reguerena37

McIntosh 240 Setup

Happy New Year’s Eve forum members. Two weeks ago I purchased a McIntosh 240 from the second owner. He had all the tubes replaced a few years ago as well as servicing the amp. I currently have it connected to the preamp side on my Pioneer SX-980. My turntable is a Pioneer PL-518 and the...
Back
Top Bottom