Search results

1. T

SX-1010 AM I GETTING CLOSE??

Your stereo looks great. Thanks for the antenna info, and I will go ahead and ditch this DBT when I've concluded no shorts each time around. I found yesterday that if I click MONO I get static through both speakers, if I take MONO off, only static through the left speaker. It's a steady...
  2. T

Yea, I actually have exactly that at the moment, a 6 footer of wire coming from one of the 300 ohm spots. I haven't gotten a better setup yet, and i'm open to suggestions for the best FM antenna for this rig?? I do have coax laying around as well... I have no clue when the stereo light is...
  3. T

Well that was a humbling experience. I almost made it without breaking anything. The dial pointer survived. I actually got it back together and my tuning string decided to snap as I rolled the dial a bit. I must've pinched it wrong somewhere along the line. I got all the LED's in and...
  4. T

Beautiful... That is pretty close to what I had in mind but nicer. I think I'll go that route. Thanks for the picture. WOW, I got the 8 fuse lamps changed and holy cow!! I had 5 burnt out. I was able to nab those by lifting the retaining boards and not pulling any more face plates. Now...
  5. T

Muting board, done Protection board, done Power supply board, done I have the supplies for the equalizer board and the main filter caps from digikey in hand, but thought I'd take a break from soldering and go after the lamps tonight. Any words of wisdom on the process there? I thought I...
  6. T

So I finished the muting board and about to finish the protection board. The protection board had three transistors I didn't like the looks of. After the parts swap there's only one questionable one. Q5 is supposed to be # 2SA733 It is in fact # A984KE1A Is that an adequate substitute? If...
  7. T

Sansui 210 Light Recomendations?

Much appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.
  8. T

Sansui 210 Light Recomendations?

So I have a little 210 that I've got in pretty decent condition at this point. Every single light was burnt out. I have thus far replaced the frequency indicator lamp and the two main lamps, with LED. Looks and works great. My main question is, does anybody have a part number/ suggestion for...
  9. T

210 Parts List Out There???

I cleaned up my dials with some deoxit and kept power cleaning the rest. I seem to have a pretty well functioning stereo now, aside from every single light not working, including the red dot. I'll keep digging. Still wouldn't mind a recap list if it's out there... thanks!!
  10. T

210 Parts List Out There???

Hey all, pretty new to the game here, but I stumbled across a Sansui 210 that I hope to turn into my little man cave rig. Opened her up and gave it the old 5 minute brush and blew off about 195 years of tobacco and dust and found a nice clean untouched little stereo. It powers on(using a dim...
  11. T

While making my list of the protection board I came across two questions. The film capacitors listed for C1&2 are on backorder, I found these that appear to be the same except a 10% instead of 5% tolerance, would they be okay? Part # is: MKS0C032200C00KSSD Then when I look for a 1n4004 diode...
  12. T

Hey TSD, i'm starting to go through and get a shopping list together based on the parts you sent. It looks like a lot of these alternatives are "film capacitors" as opposed to electrolytic, pictures on mouser come up as a red square type. Am I doing this correctly? Are they just all around...
  13. T

Sounds good. Im going to start going through that list TSD sent me and dig on in. A couple final questions here... What do you mean by silicon on the boards? When I need a hand in the future, is it best to just start a new post, as opposed to trying to dig up this current one? I've got a few...
  14. T

Boy I sure wish you guys were here to see this. There's gremlins in this thing, it's the only explanation. I was checking voltages on fuse 1 and its corresponding pins, 3&14. Got readings anywhere from mid 5V down to a couple mV. That is until I was testing the fuse and heard clicking! It was...
  15. T

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. I was afraid someone was gonna say that I did have a blast recapping that power supply board, I could do that all day long, just dreading getting into those spiral pin connectors and the great unknown. Everything I've done so far I've been able to just flip up...
  16. T

It wasn't until I fixed the parts mentioned in post 1, that the lights started doing this, and the tuning needle started moving(which it did not do before). It won't move like it's finding frequencies, it has literally one spot it jumps to for FM, then a different spot for AM.
  17. T

I'll be home to get those readings in just a few hours. But something else to chew on... back in the days of my very first post with you, when I was blowing the two fuses, the dash lights did in fact work on both settings. I would flip the power switch, immediately the first two 1A fuses...
  18. T

Okay, here are my fresh readings. I got a good ground and went through a couple times. Protection board #062... 1 = 7.6mV 2 = -11.6V 3 = -0.4mV 4 = 0 5 = 7.9mV 6 = 7.9mV 7 = 7.5mV 8 = -7.9mV 9 = 31.78V 10= 31.8V 11= 31.8V 12= .045V/AC... aka(45 mV)AC correct?? These readings were all taken with...
  19. T

Here is a closet look at the protection board. And yea there are 3 transistors here that have the snip then splice thing done...
  20. T

Finding a much more reliable ground my so called "AC" readings: Pin 3= -.2mV Pin7= 7mV Pin12= .39V Everything has been double checked. Sorry for stupid mistakes. I can redo that picture if you need also.
  21. T

Okay, I must have been sniffing glue or something changed. All my other readings are the same as before, but PIN 1 is actually reading 8mV now with the dim lights on. Closer to 9mV with lights off. Pin 2 is in fact still reading NEGATIVE 11.6V
  22. T

Golly I suck at this... Okay, the big caps: Closest to the wall: -.3mV/-34.68V Closest to center: .1mV/34.7V Protection Board (062) 1= 12.3V 2= -11.6V 3= .002V * AC 4= 0 5= 10.4mV 6= 10.2mV 7= .002V * AC 8= -7.7mV 9= 31.86V 10= 31.88V 11= 31.88V 12= .13V * AC I just assumed AC on these because...
Back
Top Bottom