Search results

1. Hale

Vintage Magnavox Astro-Sonic

Thanks for the reply I removed the 3 clips from pins that hold the motor, but did not free the motor from the rubber bushings that secure it to the baseplate. This still allowed access to clean / lube motor which turns drive spindle... Are you suggesting to remove motor and disassemble it to...
  2. Hale

After removing the turntable, cleaning & relubing all mechanical components that could affect record speed (idler wheel, spindle, platter, etc) to the best of my abilities, and then reassembling, I am frustrated to report that there is no change to the sound. The same 'wavering' tone as...
  3. Hale

Alright - will remove the table this weekend and clean more thoroughly.
  4. Hale

MarcoFantone - thanks for the welcome. Seems like these were popular devices back in the day...and it's cool to know there are many people interested in preserving them. Cosmetically, the console is in great condition. The turntable has me befuddled, but I'm determined to get it working -...
  5. Hale

With relative confidence, I can say that the idler wheel isn't slipping. Additionally, I have cleaned / lubed everything that's accessible without removing the base plate - this includes the main turntable thrust bearing. However, I do not know the process to re-align the motor as mentioned -...
  6. Hale

The model numbers for both the tuner and the amplifier chassis are as follows (and as shown in the attached photos). Tuner: R20801 Amp Chassis: A55104 Can anyone help identify which eletronic components would likely need replaced to prevent the warbling affect on the turntable? Does anyone...
  7. Hale

I have thoroughly cleaned the main bearing and relubed with lithium grease and there is no change in the wavering sound. Sounds like a Recap would be the next step...?!? Hate to be a newb, but is there a procedure available for this console (or one similar) that someone could point me toward?
  8. Hale

sgmlaw - I appreciate the response. You've included some good information. If you think the rebuild you documented 6 or 8 yrs ago is relevant and are able to find record of it, I'd like to see it... The speakers are in relatively good condition from what I can tell - to summarize: the radio...
  9. Hale

I have an early / mid-60's Magnavox Astro Sonic console (not sure of the date) that I inherited and have attempted to perform some basic maintenance on - at least to the extent of my abilities - but cannot get the turntable to spin properly. It plays, but the tempo is slower than it should be...
  10. Hale

Intro

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum (since this seems location the most appropriate category in which to do so), but first I would like to express how pleased I am to see an active forum which appears to be collectivelly full of knowledge on vintage turntables. I acquired / inherited an...
Back
Top Bottom