Search results

1. Erkenbrand42

Charlotte, NC to Rochester, NY or along the way

I could help - I travel between Philadelphia and Syracuse / Rochester about every week.
  2. 20181005_135549

20181005_135549

3. 20181005_135622

20181005_135622

4. 20181005_135600

20181005_135600

5. 20181005_135908 (1)

20181005_135908 (1)

6. Erkenbrand42

Add some light to your bench

I haven't had any problems making out details, but I have a couple of desk lamps ready just in case.
  7. Erkenbrand42

Those really fill the space with light!
  8. Erkenbrand42

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJQ9G2C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  9. Erkenbrand42

The space I have is really compact. In my wood shop I use 4' fluorescent tubes, and halogens, and whatever else I could cobble together. For the little space the LEDs fit nicely, and put out a ton of light.
  10. Erkenbrand42

Sure - they're all readily available, and really inexpensive. Head over to Amazon and look for 'LED Strip Light'. Some come with a transformer, others you'll need to pick up one. I'm planning on using these all over the place. My wood shop could really use a boost in localized lighting . . ...
  11. Erkenbrand42

So I've always struggled with lighting on my bench. You can never have enough . . . until your electrician friend hands you a bunch of peel-n-stick LED strips. Suddenly, shadows are wiped away. Opening up a case is so much easier now. I highly recommend improving your life, and eyesight. :-)
  12. Erkenbrand42

Show me some pics of your home made 0 - $100 record/vinyl storage setup

Thanks! They are pretty cheap and simple to put together. There are 2 widths of lumber, but they're all the same length. Makes for easy cutting. You can turn it into a production line. :)
  13. Erkenbrand42

Show me some pics of your home made 0 - $100 record/vinyl storage setup

I made a series of crates, and each time I need some more room I put together another crate. This makes it nice since I can move my collection around without too much bother, and helps in keeping everything in order. The crates are just pine I pick up a the big box hardware stores, and cut down...
  14. Erkenbrand42

JBL 128h Aquaplas cleaning

I've had these for many years. They even made a trip to the last AKFest in cabinets I built for our member room. Over the years they've mostly lived in a woodshop. Dust, dirt, and grime have built up. I'm about to embark on another project, and it's time to put them back to work. Before the...
  15. Erkenbrand42

Pics of your listening space

I love the 4311Bs. I've had many pairs of JBLs, and these are the ones that have stuck for a few years. Some day, I'll probably rebuild the crossovers and re-veneer them - the cabs were a bit beat. I bought them from a guy who bought them new along with a Yamaha CA810 when he graduated college...
  16. Erkenbrand42

Thanks! The dog is OK. I can never sell 'no pets' gear. I guarantee every piece of equipment has its own coat of fur. ;)
  17. Erkenbrand42

Here is mine over two days. Does anybody else just leave the handtruck in your house because you swap 100lb speakers too often? :) The source, etc stayed the same. The speakers changed. Thorens TD 290 with Shure V15 MKIII (satellite cable replaced the original interconnect); McIntosh C26...
  18. Erkenbrand42

It breaks my heart to say it

Thanks for all you and your family do! If there is a 2014 you can count on us for a room again. We've had a blast every year we've attended!
  19. Erkenbrand42

2013 : which audio companies will you *trust* ?

I'll give a +1 to PartsExpress. I've had a couple of crazy parts mixups with them, and they've corrected the problem immediately. No questions, and did their best to get it right. Along with them I have to recommend Madisound. I've always had good experiences with them. My Blue Jeans cables...
  20. Erkenbrand42

Audio Research D76 in trouble!

When I have it back up on the bench I'll go over the remaining traces with a fine tooth comb. ConradH also recommended adding a whisper fan to try to dissipate some of the heat. That monster does get very, very hot. But it sounds really good, so I'll spend some more time seeing what can be done...
  21. Erkenbrand42

This weekend I visited ConradH after he very kindly offered to give me a hand with the troubleshooting. After a few hours in his lab, we came to the conclusion that all of the passive components were fine. With a little more digging, we found one of the other 6550s had an open filament . . . and...
  22. Erkenbrand42

Dave - thanks! That gives me a great starting point. I'm just beginning to dabble in circuitry and coming up to speed as fast as I can. When I find some time later I'll throw it up on my bench and do some testing. More to come . . .
  23. Erkenbrand42

The main caps were recently replaced too. I did discover the Phonograph 2 input on the Mit's works just fine. I'm currently remodeling our kitchen, bathroom and basement while also finishing my active tube crossover. I really need another project right now. ;) Any tips on a good repairman...
  24. Erkenbrand42

It was a sad day. After making some changes to my system . . . namely bringing my Mitsubishi DA-C7 preamp home, and hooking it through my AR D76, trouble ensued. I was enjoying several CDs through the Aux input while cleaning the house. When the cleaning was done I was going to reward myself...
  25. Erkenbrand42

Yaqin MC-10L this weekend

Yeah . . . Hi-Q sent me an email with a suggestion to update the circuit to the more recent design and add in the bias pots. Since I'll be pulling it apart to fix the speaker binding posts, I think I'll take that as an opportunity to explore this option. It will be worth the effort. Thanks for...
Back
Top Bottom