Search results

1. W

Garage find (buried in my garage)

I was getting the small shop vac out of my garage to loan to my sister. I spotted something buried in the corner. Didn't remember putting anything there. After my sister left, I uncovered it to find a 20W per channel Eico ST40 stereo tube amp. Huh? Where did this come from? A packet with owners...
  2. W

Pieces and parts mini system

Rummaging through some unused audio components, I pieced together a mini system just for the heck of it. Realistic SA-150 integrated amp Pair of white Optimus 77 speakers Pioneer PD-M423 CD changer WOW. I forgot how good that little SA-150 amp sounded. It was buried on a shelf and covered in...
  3. W

Things you thought were unrepairable, only to find out too late....

..... that was not the case. Over the years, I have passed on some nice speakers that needed surrounds. Until I started reading this site a few months ago, I had no idea surrounds could be replaced. I should probably check the ones I currently have. Although I bought most of them new (except my...
  4. W

The joys of maintaining vintage gear

I had my bedroom system on a few days ago (Yamaha CA-610, Realistic TM-90 tuner, AR-48BY speakers and a rarely used Hitachi D-2330 cassette deck). I noticed the right channel was very low in volume, Uh-oh. I had recently bragged about CA-610 being trouble free in another thread. I did a little...
  5. W

What is your best thrift store find?

When I use to raid thrift stores for electronics (many years ago), I found a pair of AR 48BYs. One had a damaged grill cloth, but otherwise they were cosmetically clean. There was a cheap stereo there I hooked up to them and they worked. I did not expect good audio quality from the cheap stereo...
  6. W

Just found this forum

I have been researching my vintage audio gear online and found this place, In fact, almost all of my gear is vintage. I had forgotten how far back I had bought the stuff I bought new. Hope to see if can contribute and learn here.
Back
Top Bottom