Search results

1. Tronk

My low budget audio system

AVR's: Onkyo TX-DS676 main / Sony STR-G3 external EQ: Fisher EQ-273 Turntable: Technics SL-235 Phono Preamp: FX Audio BOX01 CD/DVD: Sony DVP-NS315 Speakers: Yamaha NS-A638 Fronts (replaced original tweeters with Foster horns) Realistic Minimus 7 Bookshelf Surrounds Optimus SH-21 Standalone...
  2. Tronk

Amplify headphone output?

My other hobby is handheld radios and I'm wanting to amplify the output of a handheld radio headphone jack to external speaker and wondering what's best. The output via the headphone jack is reduced to prevent hearing loss and I'm looking for opinions on what others have done with regard to what...
  3. Tronk

Need strings for a small guitar

I gave a strat copy that is 18.5" in scale length to my granddaughter to get her started and it needs strings. Anyone know if these will work and if not, I'm open to suggestions...
  4. Tronk

Question about use of a Passive Radiator

I have an open hole in speaker cabinets that I want to use as two way speakers and I thought about putting 4" PR's in them to fill the holes where the mid range speakers used to be. I read that a PR should be equal to or larger than the woofer. So is putting a 4" PR in a cabinet that has a 8"...
  5. Tronk

Use an EQ with Onkyo AVR with no tape monitor?

I have an Onkyo AVR that has no Tape 2 and I'm wondering if I can still use an EQ with it. Not sure if the Tape channels on it are an actual loop (I doubt it). If Tape is not a loop and can't be used, would I be stuck with being able to EQ one source only rather than all of them? AVR...
  6. Tronk

Plastic Faceplate Cleaning: What's best?

I have some AV components I'd like to clean the plastic faceplates on and I'm wondering what would be best to use. I'm concerned with the display areas specifically because from past experience, I've noticed it doesn't take much to get them scuffed up or hazed and if you use the wrong cloth or...
  7. Tronk

TV Coaxial Out to AVR Issue

I'm noticing with using the Coaxial Optical out on my TV to my Onkyo receiver a brief cut in sound at times and when this happens I see a PCM indicator flash on the front panel of my receiver. I went to the TV audio settings today, and the SPDIF type was set to PCM. I changed it to RAW (which...
  8. Tronk

Onkyo TX-NR414 has no sound

I bought this receiver used for a few bucks and when I connected speakers to it, I got no sound. I tossed it aside and bought the one I'm using now and after watching some youtube videos and some discussion about it with @swechsler I decided to try to see if I can get it going before I give up...
  9. Tronk

Sub enclosure question

I have a small 6.5" speaker and I mounted it in a bookshelf speaker cabinet. I've since noticed when the speaker is in use, air is pushing out of the seams of the cabinet. Should I take the back off and glue the seams and put some weatherstripping around the edge where the back sits against to...
  10. Tronk

Power Supply suggestions for TPA3116

Not long ago, I purchased my TPA3116 board from Amazon and I'm trying to find a power supply that would be best for it. I tried using a 12v wall wart with it to begin with and it wasn't enough power. I've also tried a power supply from a desktop pc and that did nothing. I'm currently using a 19v...
  11. Tronk

Anyone wireless on electric insturments?

I have a birthday coming up and when asked what I want, I figured something like this would be convenient? I've read mixed reviews and wanted to get some opinions. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Rechargeable-
  12. Tronk

The largest guitar show in Ohio

Anybody going? https://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/d/munroe-falls-the-largest-guitar-show-in/6869754161.html
  13. Tronk

Destop PC power supply for 12v stereo?

Anyone ever used a desktop PC power supply to power 12v units such as car stereos, amps, CB radio, Scanner ect? I'm wondering if it's as simple as grounding the green wire in the ATX plug to make the power supply work when switched on and using a ground wire and 12v+ to power 12v equipment.
  14. Tronk

Name the song

Post a segment of lyrics from a song, the next person responds with the correct song/songs containing the lyrics and then posts a segment of lyrics for the next song. Starting this with... As a young boy chasing dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and...
  15. Tronk

PL-570 (plastic cabinet) Belt shopping

I'm looking to buy a belt for a Pioneer PL-570 and I do alot of shopping at Amazon, and see a few there. I've held of from buying one there because I'm not sure I'd get the right one. Good reviews would help, but all I see for reviews is, didn't fit my PL-600, works great, shipped fast, ect...
  16. Tronk

AK Audio Q&A and Opinions

Have Audio questions and don't feel like starting a thread with regard to it? Many times I have a question and don't want to start a thread and there are many knowledgeable members here that have the answers and opinions to likely any audio question there is. What would produce the best...
  17. Tronk

What did you do with AV gear today?

Thinking it would be nice to see what members are doing with Home Theater systems, and possibly gain useful information from it. I replaced some standard speaker wires with this 16/2 shielded wire.
  18. Tronk

Probably shouldn't do this but...

I purchased a bluetooth transmitter with the thought of sending audio signal from my receiver to a small 6w powered bluetooth speaker at the rear of the room for some clarity and dialogue while using my 5.1 receiver while watching movies. Scrapped that idea when I noticed the audio on the...
  19. Tronk

Yet another new Ohio member

Hi all. I have been lurking around on this site for a while now due to my interest in vintage audio and Google searches bringing me here many times. For the most part, my audio setup is old aged components and in my opinion (and anyone else that's listened to it), it sounds great for what it...
Back
Top Bottom