Search results

1. Ryan_1993

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Teac came back from it’s service and head block replacement yesterday.
  2. Ryan_1993

Because you can't have too many cassette decks!

I keep hoarding them too lol.
  3. Ryan_1993

What CD Player Do You Use?

Bought mine from Germany a Braun CD3 model from the mid-1980s. Can see it below, kind of an obscure CD player I thought which is what attracted me to it. It performs very well too, certainly no complaints with sound quality. I believe it was also sold under A/D/S brand in the states, but in...
  4. Ryan_1993

A Recent Addition to the setup

My TEAC A-3300SX reel-to-reel has been away for the last five weeks having a service, recap, head block swap & final calibration. I'm off to go collect it soon and will be nice to have it back in the setup performing better than ever. I've recently removed 3 decks from my setup a Pioneer...
  5. Ryan_1993

My Vintage AV corner

Built this setup over the last couple of weeks. I upgraded my TV from a 1969 Sony Trinitron K1320UB to a 1985 B&O BeoVision MX2005 in white. Great set and finally one with a SCART input for a bit of a sharper image. The set is paired into some matching white B&O BeoVox CX50 which are speakers...
  6. Ryan_1993

My classic ACorner

MODS PLEASE DELETE duplicated
  7. Ryan_1993

Thanks Rob the Sony was certainly a great find

Thanks Rob the Sony was certainly a great find
  8. Ryan_1993

Looking for appropriate Power Supply for my Technics RS-M1 Co-Deck

I've had my Technics RS-M1 imported from Japan for a couple of months now and its great deck I use casually in the office. However, I've only been able to run it off Four C-cell batteries and I'd prefer to plug it in, as I think it would get more use. It unfortunately never came with the power...
  9. Ryan_1993

Tape and Hifi - Audio Capture with my new Tascam DR-05X Recorder

Other day I ordered a Tascam DR-05X digital recorder it records PCM 24 bit Audio in .WAV format. My plan for it is to record various sources from my Hifi setup to store digitally. This will be done for for archival purposes of some tapes and also for comparison purposes too as I make the...
  10. Ryan_1993

Ordered a Tascam DR05X for direct capture from my Hifi, but have I made the right choice?

Bit of an update - Managed to use the Tascam with my Sony deck. I think its given pretty nice results tbh. Here is a link to my YouTube Video demoing it shot it about half an hour ago so only a quick one.
  11. Ryan_1993

Merry Christmas everyone - My Listening Space December 2019

yeah it is. Love that thing it wasn’t too expensive especially to say it came with 15 NOS blank Elcaset tapes too.
  12. Ryan_1993

Ordered a Tascam DR05X for direct capture from my Hifi, but have I made the right choice?

Hi all, i ordered a Tascam DR-05X portable recorder it records PCM 24 bit Audio in WAV format so lossless basically. My plan was to record various sources from my Hifi over the headphone input and store digitally. This will be done for archival purposes and also for comparison purposes too as I...
  13. Ryan_1993

Merry Christmas everyone - My Listening Space December 2019

My Christmas treat a couple of days ago was a Sony TC-K333ESA cassette deck, primarily for recording purposes. It’s a wonderful performer all round though. Known as the 990ES in the west, this example is a Japanese Domestic Model running on 100 volts. Merry Christmas free image hosting sites
  14. Ryan_1993

Always wanted one of these Sony ES decks, my main recording deck has previously been a 3 head Sony TCK-611S that I upgraded with an Uprated Capstan motor from Pacific Stereo a couple of years ago. The build quality of this deck is rather low end and plasticky though and with it being black it...
  15. Ryan_1993

Some of my Machines I rearranged the order yesterday
  16. Ryan_1993

A recent purchase from Japan is my Technics RS-M1 portable Co-Deck.
  17. Ryan_1993

Managed to find a lovely looking Pioneer CT-F750 earlier this week Absolutely gorgeous deck a miniature CT-F1250 in regards to styling lol
  18. Ryan_1993

Picked up a Teac A-3300SX on Sunday. I submitted an offer of £295 and the seller accepted. It actually was £100 less than my little Akai GX-4000D lol. It came with six blank 10.5 Memorex and TDK reels, a Teac take up spool and a blank Maxell take up spool as well. Not sure if I should keep hold...
  19. Ryan_1993

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Completely new format for me. I’m only 26 myself so it was dead format long before I was even born lol, but I’ve Wanted one for about 5 years to add to my collection. Finally took the plunge and bought one. I’ve been lubricating all the cassettes as they were a little squeaky, but now as good...
  20. Ryan_1993

Sony EL-5 Elcaset deck, Marantz 5220 Compact Cassette Deck and Akai GX-4000D Open Reel.
  21. Ryan_1993

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My Seventies Hifi area after re-decorating. I redecorated back in April, went away from white walls and went for a colour called Bohemian Bliss instead. I think it gives it a much more authentic 1970s appearance. My latest purchase is my Sony EL-5 Elcaset deck, which arrived on Wednesday last...
  22. Ryan_1993

Sansui XR Q7 Turntable

Just have another quick question. Someone’s mentioned I should adjust VTA of my tone arm as it looks a little low. Apparently needs to be about 92 degrees the cantilever when it’s resting on a record. Is this the VTA? On my model seems to be called The tone arm height adjustment screw in manual
  23. Ryan_1993

Sansui XR Q7 Turntable

Thanks yeah I got it for free back in January. Cost £104 to repair it as it had a few faults but working flawlessly now. Ironically it was cheaper than my Pioneer PL-12D lol
  24. Ryan_1993

Sansui XR Q7 Turntable

Aligned it with the mirrored protractor it did have to come quite a way forward. Also took in to account the 39mm spacing.
  25. Ryan_1993

Sansui XR Q7 Turntable

Brilliant thanks
Back
Top Bottom