1. MaartenVB

Sand that Sony

I used an orbital Sander with grit 120 / 240/ 300. No paint stripper
  2. MaartenVB

broken lead fix?

np, my pic is very unclear. thanks for assisting
  3. MaartenVB

broken lead fix?

ok, I soldered a ring terminal to it and put a small blob of gorilla glue around the base to keep it from coming loose. Feels tight. I hope it doesn't cause some chemical reaction.
  4. MaartenVB

broken lead fix?

Thanks gents. I notice my picture is not very clear. On the left lead i already soldered a ring terminal and taped some foam tape on the top (it's for a project). The right lead broke off. A new cap is about 10 euro. The lead should look like on this picture, it snapped of at the base of the...
  5. MaartenVB

broken lead fix?

Anyone has an idea to fix this broken lead on this 10.000uf cap ? (its new but broke rather quickly right at the base of the lead) Or better to replace with another..
  6. MaartenVB

Basic recap and restore BOM parts list on Kenwood KA-4002 integrated amp

With all the info in this thread i would def. restore it. This is my fav amp, it sounds so sweet. I have 3 of them and can't find myself to sell any one of them.
  7. MaartenVB

Reviving a KA-80 Amp

i hope you don't think this thread is a monologue, i'm checking your progress but the thread is in dire need of more pics :)
  8. MaartenVB

Kenwood KA-3500 Distortion

dont forget to use a DBT
  9. MaartenVB

KA-7300 restore

it got that nice toasted look, but at least the cap didnt drop his pants
  10. MaartenVB

Basic recap and restore BOM parts list on Kenwood KA-4002 integrated amp

By including a grounding prong, you increase the chance on a ground loop. I did put one on a KA-7300 and it's fine. I guess it's circumstantial
  11. MaartenVB

Luxman KM-Q7 power supply

found on http://soundgate.net/product/NDUw.highend
  12. MaartenVB

Leaking capacitor?

i suggest you use the tools at hand
  13. MaartenVB

Ground Loop Kenwood KA7002

I think you need some flux. Put some new solder on the tip then put the iron on the lugs. Or use a flux pen
  14. MaartenVB

Ground Loop Kenwood KA7002

Although im a complete noob, I just wanted to say I had exactly the same type of buzz/humm when I connected teh main filter caps wrong on my KA7300, so my shitty guess would be those caps too, pull em out and test?
  15. MaartenVB

Reviving a KA-80 Amp

Good luck with the works and keep us updated ( with pics)
  16. MaartenVB

Sand that Sony

last update, pinky promise replaced the woofer and mid with ones from a sony ss-e70. These are the same drivers but have black rims and the paper is still grey.
  17. MaartenVB

Sansui AU-101 blown fuse

Ok i ordered some 1.5A diodes just in case
  18. MaartenVB

Sansui AU-101 blown fuse

Thanks! I only have a couple of UF4004GP which is 400v 1A. would this work?
  19. MaartenVB

Sansui AU-101 blown fuse

In the service manual there is 1 rectifier diode D001 (10 DC 1). I got 2 on the board and its says IR4G. 1 of them is faulty. Anyone know a replacement?
  20. MaartenVB

Sansui AU-101 blown fuse

thanks, I put in a 275 VAC x2 safety cap (0.01uf). I just replaced all the old caps for new ones. It ran fine with them for weeks, I'll check the caps agian edit: the x2 cap is a ECQ-U2A103MLA
  21. MaartenVB

Sansui AU-101 blown fuse

Hi, I got a Sansui 110v/220v switchable AU-101 with a blown wired in 2A fuse at the small power supply rail. I put in a new one to check but it blows. All transistors and caps are replaced and it worked fine but after I put a 0.01uf 275v x2 cap behind the power switch it blows. Could this be a...
  22. MaartenVB

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

this is a treat, i assure you. If this song doesnt make you happy, nothing will Rene Aubry - Salento Plaisirs D'Amour live version on the intwerwebz listening on altererd sony ss-g1
  23. MaartenVB

Sand that Sony

It's supposedly a SEAS H295 tweeter.My best bet would be buying another SS-G1 set with functioning tweeters i guess. They are offered more regularly then separate components. Maybe I should just save the moneys and buy a SS-G4 whenever it pops up. I heard someone say this was the best sounding...
  24. MaartenVB

KA-7100 Various Problems

i had a cracked nylon speaker selector rod thingie too and i used some small tie wraps in combination with the screws. Not the most elegant but cheap and works like charm.
  25. MaartenVB

Sand that Sony

Finished the first set. Sorry picture bomb. The original owner replaced the original tweeter with some huge philips squawkers and threw away the metal face plate, made ugly hole in the enclosure. Replacement tweeter didn't fit anymore. I ,made a stainless steel face plate to fit the...
Back
Top Bottom