Search results

1. akadrhouse

Black Klipsch Forte II current value?

If nothing wrong but exterior blemishes, still 900+ for Forte II. Depends on how beat up. If nothing a little black sharpie won't fix, then 1200 is not uncommon.
  2. akadrhouse

Hum Troubleshooting Sansui 9090DB

Good job. For me, if I have to be < 3 feet away to hear it on my speakers, most won't hear it at all, and I don't worry about it. Especially when dealing with 70's Sansui---this is a common problem. Even more common is a very slight hiss which I assume is from transistors I've not isolated yet...
  3. akadrhouse

On the 9090DB. I spent a lot of time tracking things down. I never did completely eliminate it, but I did get it so that you could not hear it on my 101db sensitive speakers until your ear was 2 feet away. What fixed it for me was completely resoldering the area on the board where all the...
  4. akadrhouse

Marantz 2226 Restoration - Shorting under load

It is very weird! I was sure I was going to get the magic smoke....:eek:
  5. akadrhouse

Well, I adjusted dc offset, adjusted power amp and power supply. And took a chance off the DBT. No issues. Clean sound. Very odd. I'm going to put it on the scope next and just see if the wave forms are clean and if where it clips. Thanks for responding @rBuckner
  6. akadrhouse

I've rebuilt a dozen or so units at this point, but I am still very much a noob when it comes to troubleshooting issues. I do have a scope, but my ability to use it is horrible other than testing clipping and setting bias with it. It is my 2226 and I decided to give it an overhaul. Unit worked...
  7. akadrhouse

Needle for my vintage turntable.

I did indeed order this. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks all for the feedback and assistance.
  8. akadrhouse

Looks like AT72E 750 I see different brands of stylis. Not sure if this is worth buying a needle for. If so, what would be good. Or if I should buy a different product all together instead of spending 30-50 on a stylis for this?
  9. akadrhouse

First of all, I am a complete noob to turntables. As in, so noobish that I was reading today the difference between a cartridge, headshell, and needle (stylis?). With regards to units I would play through, it would always be through Vintage Sansui or Marantz units that I have rebuilt. I got...
  10. akadrhouse

Sansui 1000A restoration thread

Thanks for this great thread. I have a 1000A waiting for me to bite off one day :)
  11. akadrhouse

Volume Pot Hum - Marantz 2215b

Thank you! And for linking to make up for my poor searching skills :)
  12. akadrhouse

My 2nd Marantz 2325 Restoration

That pic is beautiful. Nice work.
  13. akadrhouse

Well, one other question. This was masked before I fixed the constant hum. When you first turn it on, it has a hum that fades in ~ 3 seconds to inaudible. Dead quiet afterwards. Any ideas? The hum is independent of volume gain. As in, same amount regardless of volume on zero or on...
  14. akadrhouse

Well, happy to say that cleaning out all switches and pots with fader lube, and re-soldering the black wires onto the volume pot, and putting it back together made it as quiet as a mouse. I always forget that if I don't put it back together, it often has hum that goes away after final faceplate...
  15. akadrhouse

I have a Marantz 2215b that I just finished restoring. Usually when I get a hum from a unit, I can trace it back to grounding and fix it. In this case the hum is quite different. On AUX source - Hum is volume pot dependent - volume on zero -> no hum On phono - hum is similar except when at...
  16. akadrhouse

Function of Bypass film caps

. Thank you!
  17. akadrhouse

Function of Bypass film caps

Resurrecting an old thread. So is a 1-5uf Film cap that spans the terminals of coupling and main filter caps, also considered voodoo/non improvement? Or were people only talking of smaller electrolytics? I wasn't sure from the back and forth.
  18. akadrhouse

That is what I just finished doing and the problem is 90% fixed! The hum is inaudible until you get to about 50% gain now which is very doable as that's loud enough to blow you out of the house. I did not add any wires but I did reflow all the solder points that I showed in my diagrams and took...
  19. akadrhouse

Using folks advice here, I powered on the 9090db and connected a 16 gauge to the chassis, and went about testing the 6 points shown here. Results: Comes from Volume Pot - Changed Hum pitched - very little attenuation This wire comes from the Dolby board - see second pic- Just moving this...
  20. akadrhouse

In order of your questions and advice: Overall Recap - not me, not friend no idea Main filter cap replacement - No change in hum characteristics I think your point about the phone input was addressed in my initial post concerning information - Using a preamp into this unit and thus bypassing...
  21. akadrhouse

You mean this mess here? It does look like main filter grounds part of all the grounds.
  22. akadrhouse

I have a nice Sansui 9090DB I'm troubleshooting for a friend. It has a quite discernible hum in both channels. It had been thoroughly recapped when he bought it, but not main filter caps. They used good caps too and were quite thorough in that regard. I decided to replace the main filter caps...
  23. akadrhouse

9090DB Main Filter Cap Replacement Questions

That is nicely organized. What metal are the bars? Brass?
  24. akadrhouse

CDE 15,000uF/100v https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/cornell-dubilier-electronics-cde/383LX153M100B082VS/2256643?s=N4IgTCBcDaIMwA44BkAaBGArHAsugDPgEL4JgBqAyiALoC+QA
  25. akadrhouse

Thank you! I could not find that.
Back
Top Bottom