Search results

1. straycat23

Revox B77 only plays and records on right channel

Could a faulty monitor switch be the cause of this? Also the left audio level rotary switch is broken off on the back of the machine, but it played with this part already broken. Left side just went out.
  2. straycat23

Why is my Revox PR99 Mk3 playing now at 15ips?

I changed out my power board, my tape transport control board 1.177.317 and my Capstan Speed Control board,1.177.325 and changed outage motor capacitors. My tape deck came to life. It now plays through my headphones, though I haven't tried it connected to a preamp and my VU meters work now. I...
  3. straycat23

Output Amplifier 1.177.880 in a Revox PR99 MK3

I found a totally rebuilt 1.177.880 output amplifier. Would this board work in a Revox PR99, Mk3 that is supposed to have a 1.177.882/883?
  4. straycat23

Revox g36 speaker specs

The speaker on my Revox G36 is toast. I'm not sure if it could even be reconed. Does anyone know the specs? I think it's an 8 inch, possibly a 4 ohms. Thanks for any help.
  5. straycat23

Revox G36 vacuum tube order

Does anyone tell me the order of vacuum tubes for the Revox G36? It would seem the type of tubes and order in which they were inserted would be in either the service manual or the Owner's manual. All I can find is V1 through V12 in the service manual. The labeling on the original tubes are worn...
  6. straycat23

Revox PR99 MKlll Play button not engaging

I have a Revox PR99 Mklll that the Play button quit engaging. It tries to engage but cuts off. The End of Tape sensors work as the tape stops on Fast Forward at the end of the tape.. My question is: Is the Tape Drive Control Board responsible for this issue or the Capstan Speed board? I was told...
  7. straycat23

Koetsu SA-1100D Counterweights

Is there anyone on the forum familiar with the Koetsu SA-1100D? I am trying to find the lighter 170gm counterweight. I had read that this tonearm was OEM'd to Jelco and was similar to the Jelco SA-750 but had better bearings and materials. I'm not sure that the dimensions are exactly the same...
  8. straycat23

Thorens TP14 on TD124 armboard

Does anyone know of someone who rebuilds these? I have continuity in the wires, but the wiring needs to be soldered to cable with some rca plugs. Also the lift mechanism is very stiff. I think the old oil is dry and probably needs replacement. Thanks for any help.
  9. straycat23

Stax SR Gamma

Is anyone familiar with these? How do they compare to the SR Lambda? Thanks
  10. straycat23

Recommendations: Internet radio tuner for McIntosh System

Recently, we lost our only classical analog station, which reformatted to rock, here in Music City AKA Nashville. Now all it seems we get analog is Rap, New Wave or Country Rock. Classical is available on HD radio now. I am thinking to get an internet radio tuner that will be compatible with my...
  11. straycat23

McIntosh MC240 and Stax SRD -7 electrostatic speaker adapter

Can I run a Mcintosh tube amp with electrostatic headphones using a Stax SRD-7 adapter only, without loudspeakers, and not harm the amplifier? If so, does anyone know which impedience I would use? 4 ohm, 8 ohm or 16 ohm?
  12. straycat23

Sony Walkman WM-D6 not playing

I have this Walkman that's been sitting in my drawer for years. I decided to get it out and see if it still works. The capstans seem to work fine in forward and reverse, but it just doesn't play. I got a little sound out of it when I turn up the volume loud. I hardly ever used it. The head looks...
  13. straycat23

Revox B126 vs Revox B226

What is the difference in these two CD players? Outwardly, they look almost identical. Thank you
  14. straycat23

Revox b126

What is the difference between the Revox b126 and the b226? Thank for any information
  15. straycat23

Revox b225 doesn't spin cd's

These have, I think, Philips CDM-1 drive. Are these reliable units? This one doesn't spin cd's when I push play. Are these belt driven? Or could it be a connector? Seems fairly easy to take apart.
  16. straycat23

I am getting into electrostatic headphones

I have bought two Stax amplifiers: an SRD-7, which I think requires hooking up to amplifier output and an SRM-1 Mk-2, which I don't think requires being hooked up to amplifier output but instead need to be hooked up to preamp output. The instructions says that Rec Out terminal are preferred on...
  17. straycat23

McIntosh MA6100 Broken glass with pushbutton faceplate

Does anyone have a spare broken glass? All I really need is the faceplate that goes over the pushbuttons. Mine is missing. Thanks
  18. straycat23

McIntosh MCD7005

How sensitive are these CD players to minor scratches? I am hearing that these CD players will not play unless the disc is near perfect, giving a "damaged disc" error. Is that true? I have been thinking of buying one of these players.
  19. straycat23

McIntosh MCD 7005

Is this player worth the money? Will playback equal to that of Vinyl? If not, does it come close? Thanks for any input
  20. straycat23

McIntosh L10w and L66 cabinets

I'm looking for a cabinet to fit a McIntosh MR65B tuner. I am reading on the McIntosh Compedium that the mid c20's fit both the L10 and the L66 cabinets. The MR65B tuner also fits the L66 cabinet. Does this mean an L10 or L10W will also fit the MR65B tuner? Thanks for any help on this.
  21. straycat23

New to me McIntosh C20

I just received today what I think is an early C20. However, it has all JJ tubes 12ax7’s in all the sockets even in the 2 12au7 sockets. I’m intending to get 2 12au7’s. Does anyone have experience with JJ tubes? What brand did McIntosh use originally? The reason I think it’s early is because the...
  22. straycat23

Ortofon RMG 212 setting stylus pressure

I have an Ortofon RMG 212, and I'm trying to set the stylus pressure. The set up instructions on Vinylengine are confusing to me. As I slide the counterweight away from the SPU, it seems to give more stylus pressure. This is counterintuitive to me but works. The adjustment scale on the end with...
  23. straycat23

McIntosh MQ104 with McIntosh XR3 speakers

I always see the MQ101 and MQ102 recommended for early McIntosh speakers. Will the MQ 104 work well with the XR3's?
  24. straycat23

Ortofon AS-212 headshell & cartridge recommendations

I just bought this tonearm. I posted this question on Vinyl Engine with no response for several days. Is anyone here familiar with this arm?
  25. straycat23

Mx117 vs mx112

I was wondering what opinions were on the mx117 as far as background noise and reliability are concerned. I'm also considering an mx112. Thanks in advance for any input.
Back
Top Bottom