Search results

1. mg196

Recommendation for online tape deck retailer?

Twist my arm! Done.
  2. mg196

Recommendation for online tape deck retailer?

Around Christmas I picked up hundreds of FREE cassettes. I even made a few videos about it: Thanks to this haul, I was using my tape deck - a Yamaha KX-380 - for the first time in about 20 years! Well, all that use after such a long time was too much for the little guy, and the motor is now...
  3. mg196

Polk Model 10 Brochure & Instruction Manual [Giveaway]

And...they are gone! If it were only as easy to throw a cassette deck into an envelope, I'd have a lot more room in my attic! Thanks, folks!
  4. mg196

I appreciate that, but I am in the middle of a huge "decluttering" effort and don't have the patience to photo/upload/link. It's already in an envelope and ready to ship to someone. I'll let the lucky recipient take care of scanning the stuff. :beerchug:
  5. mg196

I wasn't sure where to drop this thread, so please move if this was inappropriate. I have a Polk Monitor Series sales brochure, complete with its Stereo Review "Equipment Test Report" (January 1980) and Model 10 instruction manual. First person to PM me their address gets it. Please be a...
  6. mg196

AU-317 Right Channel Out

Hey guys, that did it! As simple as DeOx bath in the pots. Many thanks!!
  7. mg196

AU-317 Right Channel Out

Thanks everyone, DeOxit time! I'll keep you updated...
  8. mg196

AU-317 Right Channel Out

Before I go in and start DeOxit’ing anything, I want an opinion on what my issue may be. The unit powers on just fine. The CD player, which uses the Aux input, sounds perfect. My issue is the Phono stage. When the balance is turned all the way to the right (5 o’clock) there is almost no...
  9. mg196

KLH Model 24s - $20 in Northern VA

I was at Unique thrift store on Gallows Rd today and saw a nice looking pair of KLH Model 24s for $20. If I had room for them, I would have grabbed 'em!
  10. mg196

Opinions on current USA vinyl pressing plants?

Which American plant/factories right now are putting out the highest quality vinyl pressings? Of course, I have read countless opinions online about United Record Pressing's subpar work, but I'm hoping people can give me some takes on who is leading the charge!
  11. mg196

Great "Every Day Carry" knives

I'm an old fashioned kinda guy. I keep a Buck 0102 in the car.
  12. mg196

Ideas for Urban & Airplane-Friendly GoBag?

I just grabbed a fantastically handy little sling bag [the TravTac Stage II] for my days out in the city and for airplane carry-on: I am sure there are some urban survival-types on the board, and I'd like to know what you throw in your bag for a day out in the city...or for an airplane ride!
  13. mg196

Bluegrass Compilation Recommendations?

I am not new to Bluegrass, but don't happen to have any in my collection. Can you recommend a solid compilation? The faster the banjo playin', the better!
  14. mg196

Discovering DEVO

My brother and I saw DEVO perform Q/A in full, live in 2009 - from the front row. I gotta say that they were INCREDIBLE. The drummer - Josh Freese - was insanely good, and Mark still works the crowd like he's a kid. The cheering for an encore went on for so long that the band came back on...
  15. mg196

Any NoVA AK'ers willing to go through my AU-317?

Hey everyone. I recently picked up an AU-317 from Bartertown (thank you, vinylndunks!) that I'd like someone to go through, clean up, and check to ensure everything is up to spec. I want this to be the last amp I buy for the next 10 years, so just like purchasing a used car, I want someone to...
  16. mg196

Question About AU-317 Power-On LED/Light Replacement

Thanks a lot! that LED looks pretty unique. Do you have an item # for the LED and resistor that I can hunt on PE for?
  17. mg196

Question About AU-317 Power-On LED/Light Replacement

I just grabbed an AU-317 from vinylndunks knowing that the little power light was out. Is this an easy repair? I'm not lucky enough to have a workbench in my house, so if this is doable on the dining room table one afternoon by a repair novice, I wanna know!
  18. mg196

vinylndunks - He Won't "Short" You!

Yes, some consider puns the lowest form of humor, but when five pairs of Dickies shorts are used to help protect your newly purchased Sansui AU-317...what the hell else can you say?! Thanks very much, vinylndunks. He even pulled it off the 'Bay to sell to a fellow AK'er!
  19. mg196

These Shipping Rules Will Make You Spit Your Coffee Out!

Yes, it's eBay. Why I find the thing so laughable, is the unit I saw, an AU-217, is NEVER going to survive a recycled box with crumpled newspaper. Like someone else in the thread mentioned, be up front with the costs and there is no issue. Going by the description alone, I would have jumped...
  20. mg196

These Shipping Rules Will Make You Spit Your Coffee Out!

I saw this on ePay yesterday. Be warned, if you have food/drink in your mouth it may end up on your computer/tablet screen! The shipping estimate is based on a recycled box, crumpled newspaper padding and FedEx ground. For better protection, e.g., if you want a different shipping service...
  21. mg196

NEW FORMAT SUX ! ! !

Word. Also, I would expect quite a few members of a forum dedicated to preserving ancient forms of sound recordings/playback to have issues with change. :rolleyes:
  22. mg196

Deal of a lifetime! VPI in the house

You shoulda saved your money and picked up a suitcase Crosley. Your loss, bro.
  23. mg196

What do you do with the original inner sleeves?

No, but a normal jacket is several times wider than a single sleeve, so a second sleeve won't do anything in terms of making an LP "thicker," especially a gatefold.
  24. mg196

Mystery Stamp on LP Cover - Help, please!

I think we've found a winner: someone used their personal APS stamp to mark their LPs. That's my best guess, anyway!
Back
Top Bottom