Search results

1. Chief Pariah

I'm a little stumped...

Thanks for the tips, folks. Loosened all the board mount screws, gave them a shot of Deoxit and tightened everything back down. Fired up the instant I hit the power. Sounds just fine.
  2. Chief Pariah

I'm a little stumped...

Sorry. Wrong picture.
  3. Chief Pariah

I'm a little stumped...

A friend gave me this Yamaha CR-240 that he got from his brother. His brother said it was a "slow starter". Very clean, inside and out. Brought it home, hooked up a pair of speakers, plugged it in and hit the power switch. Added some volume, and nothing. Nothing on tuner or aux. Took the case...
  4. Chief Pariah

MCS 3207

I've sold this unit on about a year ago but if I remember correctly after removing the screws on the bottom and removing the knobs there were 1 or 2 controls that had nuts on the front panel. Afterwards it slid out the back easily.
  5. Chief Pariah

University Audio Mediterranean

The knobs are Bakelite. That's caked on dust and roach poop and probably some from this fella'...
  6. Chief Pariah

University Audio Mediterranean

I just scored a pair of these at GW for $20.
  7. Chief Pariah

Need Info on Passport Receiver

You betcha! Wasn't going to leave it for $25. Really doesn't sound bad for what it is. I would guess in the 15-20 watt range. Has a light "off signal" static, but it's tolerable.
  8. Chief Pariah

Need Info on Passport Receiver

Just found one of these at the flea market.
  9. Chief Pariah

Pioneer QX-8000 (non "A") tuner issue.

I think at this point it's time for a pro. Has anyone ever used the "Space Baby Audio" that advertises here?
  10. Chief Pariah

Latest development: It appears to not have the right channel on both tuner and phono. Both AUX and TAPE inputs are fine. I'm not adept at all the pin stuff, but when I touch the right pre-amp bar, it does hum in the right channel. When I switch the mode selector to "LEFT", it sends signal to...
  11. Chief Pariah

I took another run at it with DeOxit and compressed air. Concentrated mostly on the selector. Checked as best I could for loose components, wires or solder joints. No luck at all. I can switch the MODE selector over to "L" and both channels play but on "R" both are dead. I do believe that the...
  12. Chief Pariah

Thank you. I'll go through it again and clean the selector. I'm hoping to "accidentally" trigger it again so I can pay closer attention. I've let it sit a few days so hopefully the DeOxit has loosened up anything that didn't get broken up at first.
  13. Chief Pariah

Recently acquired a very nice QX-8000 that someone had robbed a few parts from. Was just missing preamp bars and protection fuse caps and the power button cover...all easy stuff. I just, in turn, robbed inoperable units I had on the shelf. All the selectable inputs work and it sounds amazing...
  14. Chief Pariah

Captain M?

This is on an unlabeled pair of single driver speakers. Somewhat decent looking. Did they do speakers, also?
  15. Chief Pariah

Captain M?

Can anyone identify this logo? Thanks in advance.
  16. Chief Pariah

JVC SK-90 Comments

Yes. I still have them. They're "in cue" to be refoamed. I was mostly wondering if they require a specific surround or a normal one turned backwards.
  17. Chief Pariah

Akai 1730D-SS ... X 2.

Hello tapeheads, I have 2 Akai 1730D-SS quad players from 2 different sources and lives. One was somewhat cared for and one was neglected. After playing with them a bit, they are exhibiting the exact same symptoms. When I got them each, they played well and did everything, with the exception...
  18. Chief Pariah

"Creative ???" Model 90s

While most people will go for well known high end names, I tend to gravitate towards obscurity. That being said, I'm helping a friend of mine refurbish a pair of mid-'70s Creative Model 90 3 ways. We're pretty certain they have the wrong woofers due to the manufacturer's date of 1980, and the...
  19. Chief Pariah

JVC SK-90 Comments

I have answered my own question. Pulled the woofers and the remnants of surrounds tell the story.
  20. Chief Pariah

JVC SK-90 Comments

I was just "gifted" a pair of SK-90s. Doesn't seem to be much info or pics out there. Can anyone verify that they are indeed "inverted" surrounds? Thanks in advance.
  21. Chief Pariah

JVC does not get much respect

I'm not certain, but I believe they are plastic, but it's still about a 12 pound turntable, complete.
  22. Chief Pariah

JVC does not get much respect

JVC Direct drives are good solid units. Some are more sought after than others. The L-A55 is a decent mid-grade unit that should play well. I've seen them sell, with nice dust covers and complete, for $100-$125.
Back
Top Bottom