Search results

1. playdrv4me

Thoughts on the C45

Wow, what a weird beast that is. I like it, I like the plain old Bass and Treble controls for the rare time when I need them, too.
  2. playdrv4me

New project: MC502 refurb

I love the attention to detail in your descriptions. Thank you for the explanation.
  3. playdrv4me

Easiest auto turn on for amps?

Welp. Guess it doesn't matter now. Just sold them. Now for the fun trek to deliver them... I take care of my buyers like that... cause that's how I roll. And now I'll really be on the hunt for that MAC67...
  4. playdrv4me

It's only temporary. The 601s are probably going away soon (in place of that MAC6700 im always raving about, if I find one before I lose patience) *or* another preamp with switching is coming. The chinese power strip is STILL plugged itself, into my Panamax power distribution center. So it's...
  5. playdrv4me

Okay, McIntosh MHA100.

I would certainly hope so!
  6. playdrv4me

^Furman makes good stuff.
  7. playdrv4me

A McIntosh MC501 Review

501 is a very good amp. Digging back through archives on this site and a couple of others, perhaps stemming from errant magazine review, there was an indication by some people (person?) that these amps tended to overheat at times perhaps due to the very novel shallow design. Yet after all the...
  8. playdrv4me

New project: MC502 refurb

1moreamp, you seem extremely knowledgable about electronics repair in general so I have kind of a dumb question... Are film caps a recent innovation? Because if they last forever, why is it that all these manufacturers of the Japanese, American and Danish electronics I love didn't use them in...
  9. playdrv4me

Do you trust 50+ year old transformers?

^ Makes sense to me.
  10. playdrv4me

Nice work, Rich!
  11. playdrv4me

Mac versus Arc

Wadia is a little more stylish while ARC and Mac are more traditional. Truth be told, I don't know that I've ever even BEEN to a retailer that carries any significant amount of Audio Research equipment. McIntosh is by far the more ubiquitous of the two, and I think that is part of what Fine...
  12. playdrv4me

Would you buy MC1.2KW's given the opportunity? ....

"Slightly flatter and less 3 dimensional" is probably exactly describing the supposedly brighter sound the newest Mac equipment brings to the table. And a detectable amount less of that would especially be a deal breaker for me for an amp that costs as much or more than the 301/601 which have...
  13. playdrv4me

Do you trust 50+ year old transformers?

This question about the durability of power transformers over long periods comes up here in some form or fashion every so often, and it seems the determination is almost always that even for as long as these amps have existed, transformer failures are very very remote. And apparently remote...
  14. playdrv4me

McIntosh D150

That's pretty cool.
  15. playdrv4me

The furthest I've ever had the chain go is Preamp>Amps, and when I would shut off the preamp the shut down of the amps (technically not shut down in this case but "standby") was near instantaneous, same with the turn on. In my setup, it was daisy chained from the "out" of the preamp, to the "in"...
  16. playdrv4me

Got this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-7-outlet-surge-protector/5742069.p?id=1219153734710&skuId=5742069 Thanks for the suggestion, it does exactly what I need. Plugged it into the Panamax power center, then plugged the Beocenter into the control port and the amps into the switched...
  17. playdrv4me

Would you buy MC1.2KW's given the opportunity? ....

And you can still hear today? EDIT: Nvm, I thought that said 1.2 *K*w peaks!
  18. playdrv4me

Not even sure how to title this...

Yes the car ones had meters, too in some cases. There was also an *outboard* meter module (MPM4000) that you could install in your dash.
  19. playdrv4me

Not even sure how to title this...

Was that McIntosh car stuff any good? I mean was it significantly better than an equal Clarion or something? If I recall this was during the Clarion era and the Mac engineers were not thrilled about the whole idea of having to come up with audio products for a car environment that always has all...
  20. playdrv4me

Okay, McIntosh MHA100.

I'd bet Mcintosh would be thrilled to get the combined almost 7000.00 out of that box and the MHP1000 cans. I do want a pair of those cans, but I'll wait til some show up on the used market. My heavy investment dollars will always go to speaker based listening. For the person who asked why...
  21. playdrv4me

7270 and 2 ohm load???

The non-inverting thing doesn't have anything to do with damage to the IRSs, the way I understood it when I had my Deltas was simply that it would cause an out of phase situation with the audio or something. I drove my Deltas with MC601 monoblocks and while the needle DID swing higher with those...
  22. playdrv4me

Okay, McIntosh MHA100.

For the amount of money that thing retails for (I do admit it's a cute little box), I'd feel pretty dumb not just getting a used MAC6700.
  23. playdrv4me

McIntosh D150

Oh I agree, it seems they are virtually the same in every other aspect. I was just thinking about how things go on ebay and the inevitable "WELL THE D150 IS OUT NOW. WILL YOU TAKE HALF YOUR PRICE" emails.
  24. playdrv4me

McIntosh D150

Wow. Looks like I sold my D100 at just the right time as I didn't even know the D150 had come out. Sold it for 2225.00, too. Of all the new things, that little MB50 has me the most intrigued.
  25. playdrv4me

My new MA8000…..Love it!

The McIntosh integrateds are nice. Personally I still prefer the MAC6700. In most setups I doubt the extra 100 watts will make any substantial difference, plus in the United States only you get the free tuner. A complete little Mac setup that can be almost described as a bargain.
Back
Top Bottom