Search results

1. B3ta

Behind the effort there is passion, behind the passion there is people with the courage to try...

Behind the effort there is passion, behind the passion there is people with the courage to try. Arthur B. McDonald, 2015
  2. B3ta

how to look inside speakers

I'm not putting the "crappy insulation" from the 70's back in the cabinets--- 22 - removing safely the old insulation to avoid an hazard situation 23 - clean inside with ethanol, let it dry 24 - in a clean lab 25 - building a sound "stress back effect" with cork 26 - High conductivity, polished...
  3. B3ta

Yap, thanks for your help!!! I'll post some pics of the progress. what do you think about these guys below? https://www.simplyspeakers.com/speaker-foam-edge-repair-kit-fsk-12f.html
  4. B3ta

Thanks for your input, interesting reading indeed on the tweeter types---I'm not going to retrofit with new tweeters, one of the reasons that made me keep these guys was exactly for their sound quality even with the woofers needing to be refoamed. Also, an interesting note. These tweeters are...
  5. B3ta

I will, and thanks!!! when all the sounds are all connected!!! is like, you have to hear for a speaker! listen to this--- >>>
  6. B3ta

please, post what you guys listen----I need new stuff.
  7. B3ta

the ergonomic space of underground audio---back in the 80's/90's with rave parties in castles/churches etc---Sonic Youth was on the top of the re-creative approach!!!
  8. B3ta

music is so intriguing, the perception of ergonomic spaces!! look at this example. the audio is just awesome!
  9. B3ta

I'm not going to be able to mount the drivers from the outside. the woofer is way to big for the cut-out. I will be working on foaming, do my best, mount everything centered with proper gaskets, mount the baffle with screws and a gasket between baffle and flange step. Then, I'll be looking into...
  10. B3ta

yap, 12"s. exactly 311MM and 235MM.
  11. B3ta

so, I haven't quiet figured out that part as yet!!!! [check images below] are they 12"? or 10,5"?
  12. B3ta

yes, I was thinking about that too, I need to build up a board to hold up the capacitors and bring the wire to the front side. And, then, do magnets or velcro like RTally mentioned... I'm not really into wood work but I do have all the tolls and machines at work. Then, glue the thing down with...
  13. B3ta

people I need your advice, [check images below] and thanks in advance. So, I removed the screen cloth and found out that; 20 - the midrange dust cap isn't even glued evenly, does it make any difference? this dust cap have a middle screen like a fine metal filter screen. 21 - the two twitter...
  14. B3ta

I'm all into vintage, I even live in a vintage loft. I'm thinking on painting/stain the cabinets dark, Brazilian wall nut. Then, Replace the screen cloth with something like [check below image]. I can 3d Print in black something like "Coral inside vintage" and stick to the screen on the bottom.
  15. B3ta

Nothing shows up, I have contacted both companies and go from there.
  16. B3ta

These are good information, I'm onto it, ordering the foaming kit... just have to figure out exactly dimensions which I'm a little confused how to check it... These woofers have two sets of numbers, 137 7426 and 5812517, can't find much when browsing them, is there any data base of coral...
  17. B3ta

This is a good idea indeed!!! thanks!
  18. B3ta

with 10 nails all around, it was sealed ended, the baffle with the cloth around the edges have a tight fit into the flange. I believe that now after all this years me removing the baffle I would need to place a gastek layer between the flange and baffle. Just a small layer of let's say 2 MM...
  19. B3ta

acording to the https://www.simplyspeakers.com there is no need to center the voice coil during the refoam. Should I really do it the proper way and emove the dustt capt? and, also, is there any technique of removing the dust cap and putting it back on? I thought we would need to cut it and...
  20. B3ta

Thanks guys, much appreciated!!! Yes, the grill cloth is actually directly covering and attached to the baffle. No actual, separate, removable grill. The grill cloth was somehow glued, easy to come out leaving a white residue on the baffle. I have to remove the screen cloth in a few places...
  21. B3ta

Hello everyone!!! first of all, thank you so much for sticking with me. I did open the box and feel that I can do a better job putting the screen back on, instead of nails I can actually put exposed screws---this way I can open it again in the future. These are Coral made in Japan, never...
  22. B3ta

the screws don't work, the screen moves up a little which is a good signal but need higher grab than just the screws... Look images below---I'm heading to the hardware store to buy thinner wood screws. I'll get it open!!!
  23. B3ta

question---if I pull out the screens---should I wear a breathing mask as a PPE? I never did nothing like this. You are talking about foaming, woofers surround deteriorating. Never really understood that, my first nakamishi system, the speakers had a layer of cork inside and that's it, no foam...
  24. B3ta

Thanks for your reply, I did a numeric re-organization of my previous notes, #2 is #09 now. cheers :)
  25. B3ta

Hello! Weave is very tight, the screen plate sounds like wood---for the outside design, the type of wood and the "weave", these speakers look like late 70's early 80's materials. Even better idea, I can use those spiral shaped nails for wood and use one of those set-up tools to pull pins...
Back
Top Bottom