Search results

1. PJP122954

Dynaco A-25 recap

Everything I have read shows a 5.0 uf replacement for the A-25. Mine has 8.0 uf that is original. I replaced with 8.0 and they sound ok. Why do most have the lower value. If I changed mine to lower value would they sound much different. thx
  2. PJP122954

Dynaco A25 recap

Any suggestions for best capacitor for (Seas) Dynaco A25 recap? Please be specific with brand, type and values. Thanks in advance.
  3. PJP122954

University 312 Series 200

I'm wanting to replace tired old capacitor......I know nothing about about cap values or what to purchase. Need some help on exactly what to buy. Thx in advance.
  4. PJP122954

Cabinet for University 312 Series 200

Recently got a pair of nice University 312's. Anyone have listening experience with the unusual Karlson cabinet or should I just stay with the bass reflex (6 cubit ft). Thanks for any suggestions/opinions.
  5. PJP122954

Looking for a Fisher Tech

Can anyone recommend a quality tube tech in the St Louis area to repair/modify my Fisher x-202b? I'm willing to drive two hours in any direction. Thanks
  6. PJP122954

Help with Restoration and Mods

Auditioning for a tube tech in the St Louis area. Must be honest, dependable and talented. Experience with The Fisher line. Any suggestions?
  7. PJP122954

My New Vintage System

My Fisher 800C expertly restored by Dave 451 and Pioneer Sx-6000 with Scan-Dyna A-45X. I'm a happy guy!
  8. PJP122954

Question about speaker enclosures

I'm considering purchasing an older pair of Klipsch Forte's and the cabinets need to be replaced due to moisture damage. Can you tell me why they use MDF and veneer rather than solid wood. Is it a cost consideration or does it affect the sonic quality? I will have the old cabs and can use...
  9. PJP122954

R&A Speakers

Does anyone have information/opinions on an old speaker made in Wolverhampton England in the 60's. R&A 780P MK IV. They look pretty substantial with large alnico magnets. Thanks in advance.
  10. PJP122954

Klipsch La Scala

I am currently and actively looking for a pair of klipsch Heresys... High priced and far and few between. However i have been noticing numerous deals on La Scala's. $1300-$1600 range. Why is that? I know the La Scala's can sound like crap with high wattage SS amps and very low wattage tube...
  11. PJP122954

Help with Fisher 800C

Hi everyone. Recently picked up Fisher 800C that plays but certainly not up to spec. It needs a recap and thorough testing. I'm looking for suggestions for a reputable technician to do the work. From what I've read a bias modification would be a plus. Would like to especially hear from...
  12. PJP122954

Looking to upgrade receiver

Hello all....I'm currently looking to upgrade my amplifier. I like vintage but looking for something new and modern that doesn't stray too far from the classic stuff. I have Pioneer SX 6000, SX 626, SX 650, QX 8000 and Onkyo 80XX integrated amp. I use Elac Debut bookshelf speakers with...
  13. PJP122954

Questions about a Fisher Console restoration

Just purchased 49A & 49T and Dual 1010 TT from Electra Console and 680T from Ambassador. Im planning to place in my Futura Cabinet. This will be a real hybrid once it is complete. It needs a good cleaning, testing and most likely recapped. I have absolutely zero experience working on...
  14. PJP122954

Fisher Console Componets

Will 680T and 49A work together without any modifications......like plug and play. I also have a 49T but I'm thinking the 680T might be a little better quality. Thanks for your input.
  15. PJP122954

Fisher Futura V Request Input

Hello all...I'm new to this forum and have found lots of excellent information. My question....I recently purchased a 1964 Futura Modern console cabinet that sill contains the original speakers. The turntable, the 690T and 690A chasis have been pilfered already. The cabinet is in pristine...
Back
Top Bottom