Search results

1. F

turntable test results

So today my replacement stylus came in today (pioneer pl990)....slid cartridge in, dropped the needle to the vinyl and sounds like Dan Reynolds drank a gallon of Robitussin....it plays s-o---s-l-o-www.........it has been sitting on a shelf for about 15 years....not too happy right now
  2. F

still searching

So I think I am getting close to something.... I already ordered a replacement stylus for the PL990, should be here in a couple more days...at least I can listen to a few albums in the meantime.... someone just sent a link for a Technics SL23, and it's only a couple of hours away from home...
  3. F

phono upgrades

Are there any worthwhile upgrades for pioneer pl990? I've been hearing a lot of negative feedback regarding this unit....
  4. F

opinions please!

Just starting out with a huge album collection.... I have a vsx 501 pioneer, 4-way Technic towers, acquiring a PL 10 pioneer turntable and considering an ortofon 4red.... I know it's not the best, just wan a system that sounds better than decent for now.... any constructive criticism will be...
  5. F

new to this forum

I would like to hear opinions of people's experience with pioneer vsx501 receiver... would like to put together a decent system for playing LP's, television, and some digital music. I already own this receiver and considering a PL10 turntable...thoughts please
Back
Top Bottom