Search results

1. Hugoballs

Vintage CD players

Your Sony DVP-NS900V would also be an easy mod, do you have basic soldering skills? You have a separate audio board in the back of machine, just op amp upgrade to a modern op amp will make a huge difference. Try MUSES02, OPA627, or something warmer MUSES01, or Ad825. You might catch the bug...
  2. Hugoballs

Vintage CD players

The Sony DVP-s7700 has a 24bit DAC,(Sony rebranded PCM1753E) some simple mods and you have a brilliant player. Replacing the older ELNA SILMIC 1 already on the board with new Elna SILMIC 2s and NICHICON KZ MUSE made a huuuuge difference. Then added modern op amps, JRC MUSES02 incredible! I...
  3. Hugoballs

Vintage CD players

I'll put in my 2 cents. Sony DVP-s7700 DVd player. Has separate lasers for cd and dvd. Built like a tank! Built like a Sony ES 24bit DAC,(Sony rebranded PCM1753E) Upgrade analog board with ELNA SILMIC 2, NICHICON KZ MUSE (easily removable, top behind transport copper shield on top, couple of...
  4. Hugoballs

Sony DVP-S7700

Update: Modding this player is incredibly easy. The audio board is seperate and comes out with a few screws. I upgraded the capasitors to either nichion muse, or elna similac 2 (the older similacs are not as clean sounding)in the analog path.. This made a huge difference in sound quality...
  5. Hugoballs

Sony DVP-S7700

Bought one for cheap, sounded good liked it, excellent build quality. Then put new modern op amps, opa627,excellent definition,soundstage. Hearing things i didn't know were on my cds. Going to try a few more, muse2,ad825, and see what i like best. Loving the opa 627 right now. Will try...
Back
Top Bottom