Search results

1. Rabbithole

Placing a TT on top McIntosh C24 preamp?

Thanks for the responses. To follow up - I set it up and have been using it for the last week or so without any problems. The C24 doesn't emit much heat at all and I am not getting any hum. It fits right well on top of the wood cabinet of the C24 and it's a nice thing to be able to listen to...
  2. Rabbithole

I'm trying it as we speak! Sounding good so far I ran the preamp for a while to see what kind of heat it creates. And it's not much, so I think it will work
  3. Rabbithole

I moved and don’t have the space to setup my turntable like I used to. The space I have to put it places the rca cables too far from the pre so it won’t work. I was wondering if there would be implications from putting it on top of my pre, a McIntosh C24. The C24 has the would case so it...
  4. Rabbithole

C-15 plug into a C-13 hole?

Thanks for the responses. Just to follow up. I had bought the PC used and it appears the internal connectors had been dislodged a bit in transit (or by the original owner). I stuck one blade of a fork in the hole and bent the connectors back wider and it made it so the plug worked. Looks...
  5. Rabbithole

Yes it does, haha! I answered my own question and was able to get it to work.
  6. Rabbithole

I couldn't figure out where to ask this question, but it is for a DAC. Is this possible?
  7. Rabbithole

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Bought a MC 2105 and a C24 a couple of years ago. Love ‘em
  8. Rabbithole

Denfarips Pontus II: Its own thread.

Yeah, it doesn’t come with one.
  9. Rabbithole

I "think" it's a c-15 but I am not sure. I just plugged my old Bifrost one into it (a Pontus II) and it fit. I'm in the market for a nicer one, too.
  10. Rabbithole

Enjoy! I love my Pontus II
  11. Rabbithole

After about 100 hours, my Pontus II sounds fantastic, fwiw. Really having a good time with it so far. Hooked up to a MC2105/C24 w/Chorus II’s, streaming Qobuz from a new Dell laptop.
  12. Rabbithole

I have old McIntosh separates (an Mc2105 and C24) paired with some Klipsch Chorus II’s. Sounds awesome to my ears. There’s more depth and clarity to the music plus a richness that wasn’t there before. TBF - This replaced a Bifrost 4490….
  13. Rabbithole

I splurged and got the Pontus II. I’m pretty happy with the purchase so far. Pretty slick customer support and I love the sound, already. The thing weighs a ton, which honestly I have no idea if that matters or not…..but the build quality seems fantastic
  14. Rabbithole

Just received one today and I would concur. Excellent customer service so far. Sounds good, too!
  15. Rabbithole

Mcintosh Bluetooth Transceiver

Man, thanks a lot (!) for the detailed responses. You pretty much answered all of my questions. After reading your response I don’t think I need it, I cast Qobuz and SXM through the CCA and it works fine. The only drawback is that it will be harder to DJ at parties, but I don’t know if that...
  16. Rabbithole

Mcintosh Bluetooth Transceiver

I hate to be that guy, but I am interested in this product. I have a vintage McIntosh amp and preamp so it might make sense. Does anybody know if this will sound better/ I would get better use out of this than what I have now, which is CCA (Chromecast Audio > DAC > Pre-amp - Amp) It has a...
  17. Rabbithole

Spotify connect > DAC > Integrated

I ended up switching my old Marantz 2325 out for some McIntosh separates (an Mc2105 and c24 combo). Lol, I guess that’s what you do. I signed up for Qobuz again and have been playing 24 bit music from my computer > usb > Bifrost > amps. Everything sounds fantastic like that. I received the...
  18. Rabbithole

Spotify connect > DAC > Integrated

Ended up buying a Chromecast audio from Ebay because it was the cheapest option. It is being shipped to me now. I’m interested in how it is going to sound. I think I am going to need to buy an optical chord, any recommendations?
  19. Rabbithole

Pre amp for Mcintosh 2105

Thanks! Turns out I was mistaken and he only wants $800 for the c24. I think I’m going to do it, but I might test it out for another couple of days first. Boone’s great......Pretty as ever, been growing like crazy. The college keeps getting bigger, half the town are students. I’m really...
  20. Rabbithole

Smooth

Smooth
  21. Rabbithole

He ended up letting me demo them at my house and I am listening to them right now. I have them hooked up to some Chorus II’s and wow
  22. Rabbithole

Thanks a lot for the responses. What you are saying mirrors my thoughts, it’s nice to have other opinions back them up.
  23. Rabbithole

Just the preamp. He says it’s been completely recapped/refurbished and I don’t have any reason not to believe him. Known him for a couple of years.
  24. Rabbithole

Sorry to hijack this thread a little bit, but...... I am in the process of purchasing a MC2105, but I am buying it from someone who wants to sell me a c24 too. Both recapped and serviced. After reading about I am not sure the c24 is exactly what I want. I’m on the newbie end of the...
Back
Top Bottom