Search results

1. rumblestrip

Are these two or three way speakers?

Okay, sorry for the delay. Here's a picture of the back of the crossover. As you can see from the lettering, it was made for this model.
  2. rumblestrip

Are these two or three way speakers?

Picked up a pair of Yamaha NS-AW570 All-weather speakers for a pittance. Had no interest in using them but thought that if they worked alright maybe I could flip them for a few bucks. Set them up and found that all the drivers were working. Then I noticed a hairline crack in one of the woofers...
  3. rumblestrip

ID these 'end tables' for me please

Yeah, really, advertised as end tables, no less. I know those cabinets have housed a lot of different makes of drivers but no info at all. Just the pictures. And I only got the one with the print on the back of it off one of the sellers other ads. So if you can tell anything from that then...
  4. rumblestrip

AR-2AX find at Thrift Store. I believe they are not the real ones as I expected.

They are not literally 'white van' speakers, they were a Toronto based company that sold a lot of speakers in this area. Some of the models were half decent but generally they were 'budget' speakers that a lot of local dealers pushed because of their low wholesale price and hence high profit margin.
  5. rumblestrip

Is this a high end center speaker?

Made in Canada. Can't find any details about this particular model on line. I know it's not white van because it's listed on one of the pages of the two links below. However, neither of these pages give any details about the models. The only specs I came up with are on the label. Very solid...
  6. rumblestrip

Fidalia Sound Inc Speakers - anyone recognize these?

Right on, Rick. I should have noticed that, myself. Not to mention that on closer inspection that rectangular swatch on the left hand side of the one speaker that is missing from the other looks like mid and tweeter tone controls. Might be worth a listen, after all.
  7. rumblestrip

Fidalia Sound Inc Speakers - anyone recognize these?

For sale locally for a good price. I know the tweeters are Philips but I don't recognize that mid range and with the whizzer cone it makes me wonder whether or not it's a 3-way or just a 2-way with a passive radiator. Any input would be appreciated.
  8. rumblestrip

Infinity Column 2’s Original woofers?

I think mine have the original woofers and mid-ranges, although the front tweeter has been 'upgraded' as it were.
  9. rumblestrip

JVC Zero 7

Have had these for about six years now and never got around to fixing them up. Now it doesn't look like I'm ever going to so I'm wondering how much they are worth in the shape they are in. For starters, both the ribbon tweeters do not play. I took them out and they both have continuity and...
  10. rumblestrip

Please help identify these speakers

Philips SP-30/1
  11. rumblestrip

Optonica CP5151 with a blown ribbon tweeter

I'm posting this as a last resort - in case nothing else works for this. I've had several sets of these Sony SS967 SPEAKERS WITH RIBBON TWEETERS through my place over the years and have found that both tweeters in each set were still working with resistance measuring close to original (6 ohms)...
  12. rumblestrip

Vintage Harmon Kabuki speakers

I had a set of those Panasonics. They looked great. With the double dome mids and tweets I was expecting them to sound special. They didn't even sound good. So IMHO someone probably tried to punch them up by swapping out and adding drivers. Hope it helped. But at $1600 it's just a rip off.
  13. rumblestrip

Anyone recognize these?

For sale for cheap and near. Don't look like DIY to me. Just the one picture.
  14. rumblestrip

Gifted a pair of Snell J IV

Wolverine, you should look up the word 'gifted' in the dictionary. It has nothing to do with being 'given' anything.
  15. rumblestrip

'nuther speaker ID, please

For sale for not a whole lot and not too far. Any input as to what they are is appreciated. Probably DIY but worth a posting just in case. Only the 2 pics in the ad.
  16. rumblestrip

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

With the tag on the back there's no question about when or where these came from but I have never seen or heard anything about them and there are no hits on line. So they must be rare, even though the serial numbers are in the 300 thousands. And they are really nice speakers, too. All Viva...
  17. rumblestrip

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

Wharfedale Airedale SP. Only 50 sets were ever made on special order for the BBC for studio monitors. At least one set ended up here in Canada in a CBC studio. But the guy I bought them from could not remember which studio it was that his father got them from.
  18. rumblestrip

Symdex Sigma Omega Combo

I've had a pair of the uppers for several years now. Never seen the lowers for sale, though. NAT is right about them being shy in the bass on their own. So I was planning on listing them on CAM soon. Have better pictures than Todd's here.
  19. rumblestrip

Failed experiment = blown woofer AR4x

Sometimes, if you are lucky, and you can get the dust cap off without damaging the cone, you can see into the voice coil gap. Again, if you are lucky, you might see that one end of the coil tube - probably the back end - may have been bent in when the voice coil travelled beyond the end of the...
  20. rumblestrip

Does anyone recognize these speakers...

For sale cheap within an hours drive. Could be good quality. Then again, maybe not. Ever seen them before? Measurements are 18'' by 13'' by 25.5''
  21. rumblestrip

HECO Lab 2

A pair for sale near me. Good pic of the top driver, so I thought I'd post them.
  22. rumblestrip

Does anyone recognize these chips

I found these chips in a mixed batch of old audio parts. So I'm just wondering if anyone recognizes their part numbers as audio related. They're all new so I thought I'd check them out. Could be they are something somebody is looking for to bring something audio back to life.
  23. rumblestrip

Nice vintage low power unknown brand receiver score

I saw this one at the local Sally Ann thrift store. At first glance it looked like your typical budget grade early stereo receiver. But a closer look dashed that notion in fairly short order. For starters, it has some decent weight to it for a low power unit. And the cabinet is plywood with real...
  24. rumblestrip

Anyone familiar with Oracle helicon speakers?

Is this really what you're looking for?
  25. rumblestrip

Are these toroidal transformers etc. any use to anyone into DIY audio?

Two massive toroidal transformers with power switch circuits, 12 circuit boards with heat sinks, and 4 cooling fans all from 2 Niles GXR2 multi zone receivers. Also, one smaller toroidal transformer from a Meridian G68 surround controller. I had the complete units listed but nobody was...
Back
Top Bottom