Search results

1. reddog48

2252 Preamp Out

I have been trying to get output from my 2252 Marantz receiver. This unit came from the factory without any jumper between the "pre out" and the "Main In". Just four RCA jacks. When I hook up to the "Pre Out" jack I don't get any signal. My research shows a "internal" jumper - that seems to...
  2. reddog48

Comments on the AT-150 mlx cart

Would be interested in hearing some commentary on the AT-150 mlx cartridge. I am considering purchasing same for my Clearaudio "Emotion" table (Satisfy Carbon tonearm). I am not interested in hearing about MC alternatives. I will not go the MC path for many reasons that are technically...
  3. reddog48

Japan sourced cartridges

Been looking to purchase an Audio-Technica AT-150 MLX. Prices on this item, or at least prices from sources within the US hover around $700 to $750 (needle doctor). One is being sold from Germany for $629. However prices on this cartridge, when being sourced from Japan are right at $300...
  4. reddog48

Artemis Speakers

I have encountered some "Artemis" speakers. Made in Dallas around '95 or '96. Found an online review (Stereopile) which was rather weird and hard to really understand. Has anybody ever heard of these things? Two part speaker with a tweeter and a mid-range in what looks like an exact copy...
  5. reddog48

replacing Clear Audio MM styli

A recent entry on this site mentioned that the Clear Audio MM cartridges could be DIY replaced with a Audio Technica AT-95 stylus/grip assembly. Evidently AT is the OEM for all Clear Audio stylii - at least for the MM carts. I had purchased a Clear Audio TT (Emotion model - now being sold as...
  6. reddog48

Conrad Johnson PV-7 question

I am retubing a CJ PV-7 full-function tube preamp. There are five tubes total; three 12AX7 (dual triode) and two 12AT7 (phase inverter). The tubes are arranged (when viewed from the front) in two columns; one column has one 12AX7 and one 12AT7; the other column has two 12AX7 and one...
  7. reddog48

Help with CJ PV-7 preamp

I have a CJ PV-7 tube preamp. Just recently found it in a closet where it had sat for 10 years. I decided to sell it and to make sure it still worked I installed in my current system. Unfortunately it did work and it sounded much better that what I had been using - which doesn't mean it...
Back
Top Bottom