Search results

1. TWantiques

Truck99

Just completed a deal with Tim. Nothing but good things to say. Items were as described and packed so well even UPS couldn't mess them up. Highly recommended seller. Thanks. Tim. T
  2. TWantiques

Could there be a better title?

A just about perfect title for a blues album, IMHO. Found it at the Atlanta record show several weeks ago. Haven't had a chance it listen to it yet. T
  3. TWantiques

Sports Quotes

#3 & #8 are my favorites. WHY SOME ATHLETES CAN'T HAVE REGULAR JOBS!! 1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me." 2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about...
  4. TWantiques

Corvette colors

Is there a Corvette color that is a favorite among corvette owners? What I'm looking for is the color or colors that would be readily recognizable by serious Corvette collectors. Kinda like Guards Red is a well known Porsche color. Thanks. Terry
  5. TWantiques

Banana Plugs

Don't see how they could be any cheaper: Banana plugs Don't know anything about the company. Terry
  6. TWantiques

Teac Dolby

I picked up this Teac Noise Reduction Unit a couple months ago. I haven't seen one before and thought I would put up a picture. Nice wood veneer cabinet except for what looks like a cigarette burn made by some fool smoker. Kinda cool looking I thought. Terry
  7. TWantiques

Real or Unreal NFL

Check out this Youtube video. How much of it is staged? Real or Unreal OK for all viewers. Terry
  8. TWantiques

Removing & attaching wire connections

I am a novice at audio repair and certain to remain so. This question will prove it: Today I removed a switch from a Pioneer receiver to send out for repair. The switch had 6 posts and a wire attached to 5 of them. Each wire was wrapped neatly about 5 or 6 times around it's post. Is there an...
  9. TWantiques

Interesting audio shop

A local audio repair shop is owned by a very talented tech. He's only about five miles from me and everything I have taken him he has been able to repair. I've taken him enough work that he will now get it repaired in the time frame I need. Clearly I'm sold on him. In addition to repair, he...
  10. TWantiques

SX-828 light problem

I picked up a SX-828 at a garage sale this fall and have begun trying to give it a new life. First step was a Deoxit bath that solved the problems with the volume and balance controls. However, there remains a problem with the dial lights. Markthefixer suggested I start a thread as the...
  11. TWantiques

Show us your rare records

Calling all record collectors. I'm a collector, I admit it. I'm always on the lookout for hard to find LP's of the music I enjoy. Heck, I even buy albums I know I'll probably never play and I've never opened a sealed album. I'd like to see some of what AK'ers have in their collection and are...
  12. TWantiques

Online record sellers

Do you have any favorite sites online that you buy used records? I have two that I keep an eye on and both sell very collectible records, they are: Record Mecca- A bit pricey but from time to time he puts up something that makes me think I can't live without. I don't recall ever seeing...
  13. TWantiques

Audio collectibles

I'm a collector. We all have our stereo gear and music in our audio collection but because I'm a collector it doesn't take me long to latch on to other related items to collect as well. Here's a few photos: This one of my favorite shelves. Nearly everything on it was given to me by...
  14. TWantiques

Flea market Sunday

I made a trip this past weekend to the Hudson Valley in NY to pick up a load of antiques I bought from a friend of mine. I stayed with them for the weekend and we went to a flea market on Sunday morning that he regularly attends. The market is called The Elephant's Trunk in New Milford, CT...
  15. TWantiques

KLH speakers

At a garage sale this past weekend I bought a pair of bookshelf speakers that I wasn't familiar with. They are KLH model 33's. When I got home I did an AK search to see what I could learn about them and, while I found plenty on KLH, there was no mention of model 33's. They are two way with a...
  16. TWantiques

Quantity or Quality?

In another thread Arkay responded to a post with the following. I decided it was a topic worth discussing and started this thread. Very good advice, Arkay. I sell antiques to collectors with varied income and motivation. With many newer collectors I often find their focus is on the number...
  17. TWantiques

Dog lovers delight

A very talented dog: Ya gotta see this Terry
  18. TWantiques

Music pinball

I'm always looking for audio related items to add to our collection. I got lucky last month. While antique shopping with a dealer in Connecticut last month he showed me a group of wood rail pinballs he had. Included was a "Be Bop". This machine was made in 1950 and has great music/audio...
  19. TWantiques

Happy Birthday, Smooshy!

Happy Birthday, Jeremy! :thmbsp: Enjoy your day and we'll see you tomorrow. :yes: Dad Those of you who have attended the Southern Fests have met Jeremy. A real audio and music enthusiast. Also, a sophomore at Georgia Tech with a vintage system in his dorm. I'm a lucky Dad. Terry
  20. TWantiques

Brunswick Stew

I'm a fan of Brunswick stew but never could get my wife to make it. About 10 years ago I decided I would. I found 3 recipes that each had something I liked about it so I combined the best of each into a good pot of stew. Over the years I have tweeked the recipe to suit our tastes. It's pretty...
  21. TWantiques

CD cases

I am looking to buy some of the CD cases that the Mobile Fidelity gold disc's come in. It's the type that lift up the CD when the case is opened. I wrote MoFi but, consistent with today's level of customer service, they never answered. Anyone know a source? Thanks for your help. Terry
  22. TWantiques

How To Sing the Blues

My son ran across this in the "Something Awful" website. Entertaining. HOW TO SING THE BLUES 1. Most blues begin "woke up this morning." 2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the blues, unless you stick something nasty in the next line. I got a good woman-- with the meanest...
  23. TWantiques

CD Warehouse, etc.

I have found it difficult to regularly find the LP's I want to add to my collection. Since I'm a collector and need to keep finding stuff I started going to a few of the CD Warehouse's nearby. Gotta say I am hooked. I didn't buy my first CD until about 2 years ago now I find it great fun to...
  24. TWantiques

Political correctness

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT: 1. She is not a "BABE" or a "CHICK" - She is a "BREASTED AMERICAN." 2. She is not "EASY" - She is "HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE." 3. She is not a "DUMB BLONDE" - She is a "LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY." 4...
  25. TWantiques

It's Southern Fest time!

Only a few more days and we will be meeting in Atlanta for our 2nd audio fest. Here are some of the details: The hospitality suite will be open around 3pm on Friday and remain open throughout the weekend. The system in the suite will be provided by Joncan. Thanks John. Bring your music, we''ll...
Back
Top Bottom