Search results

1. Vehto

Sansui 5000A

I would use a Variac transformer in case something gets hot and causes further damage. see if the power transistors get warm or hot (The big ones on the heat sink) Check the bias settings, if someone tweak those settings that would cause a problem. Download the manual.
  2. Vehto

Sansui SP-3500 Speakers Recap Project

Thanks for the post I will give it a try!
  3. Vehto

A couple Non-Traditional Cases

Very nice, excellent wood work!
  4. Vehto

2275 no FM stereo Help

Hello Joe I been out for over a month now, let me first say I'm very sorry to hear about Thomas Helmuts passing, he helped me with a few parts and advice on one of my 2270's. He will surely be missed! Marantz tuner boards are still a challenge to me. I was only able to find my issue by...
  5. Vehto

Need help on a 9090DB

:yes:
  6. Vehto

Advice on Sansui 5000a

Check the output power transistors if the fuse blows again. If the outputs are good then check the driver board. Getting to the output transistors is easy. Take the back plate off, then big bottom plate then you will see the heat sink screws. I recapped mine in 16 hours.
  7. Vehto

5000A hum

Well another Sansui 5000A in the house! This is the beast that started my obsession with Vintage equipment. I traded my first 5000A and regretted it. So after the recap of my current 5000a I still had a slight hum with the volume all the way down. The hum is slight with a pair cheap...
  8. Vehto

Sansui 1000A Buzzing sound after recaping

Here is a test. Does it hum or buzz in aux mode? Tape, Phono, Or just hum in FM mode? With the volume all the way down.
  9. Vehto

Marantz 2270 or receiver problem help needed.

mmm strange tell me what network adapters you bought so I don't buy them ...LOL Well the Marantz 2270 does not have a grounding plug on the power cord. I guess you could try grounding the chassis as a test first?
  10. Vehto

Proton D1200

Thanks Damacman real good info on how the D1200 was designed now DPD system works. 110 watts @ 8 ohms with a peak of dynamic power 1,500 watts for 20 seconds ...wow I can actually see the DPD system kick in while looking at the meters in when the music demands it. I need to be careful so I do...
  11. Vehto

Newest CD system pickup of mine.

From an article I still get all the fuss about mp3 or any form or compress music you listen too on a phone ,,,I say if you want to listen music by the cd at least Briefly: CD audio is digitally sampled at 44kHz, which sampling theory says can capture any frequency up to 22kHz - the upper...
  12. Vehto

2330 Question/Problem.

I would check the wire wrap connections, while i was working on mine I broke a few.
  13. Vehto

Proton D1200

I bought the blue LED's on ebay pre made rated for 8v
  14. Vehto

Proton D1200

3 hours later ... replaced fuse light with blue leds I ran out of white ones, replaced the power switch bulb and tighten the RCA jack screws in the back, they were loose... Wow it works and sounds great! :banana: lots of power ran my Sansui 3500 just fine. Looks better than the picture...
  15. Vehto

Proton D1200

clean on the bottom 16 transistors wow
  16. Vehto

Proton D1200

Well here she is a little dusty power supply light(6.5AC) does not work and one light is out on the right side meter same 6.5 AC volts fuse light
  17. Vehto

Proton D1200

Thanks fellow Audio Akers Lot of good info Savatage yeah I just can't seem to pass things up big heavy large caps ok buy! going to hook.. er up stayed tuned!
  18. Vehto

Look what I found in the dumpster !!!!!!

Good work Great score!
  19. Vehto

Proton D1200

Hello all I picked up the proton Amp D1200 at the GW for 40 bucks Big meters and heavy....will get pics soon. Anyone have one of these? Tell me what you think ... Thanks !
  20. Vehto

2330B Low Aux output please help !

Check the AUX jacks and the grounding around that area and the P400 bd Selector switch as petehall347 mentioned. Aux input (signal) & output can be measure on the pins on the P400 board I forget which pins for the AUX. trouble shooting at the pins connections will test the traces in the...
  21. Vehto

2275 no FM stereo Help

Stereo:music: Finally Bad solder joint, Adjusted muting window. Stereo kicked in ... Stereo light seems to activate immediately just using an old pair of rabbit ears. Replaced transistors 2Sc828 with KSC1815Y Replaced bi polar caps C306, C307,&C309 with low ESR (0) Multilayer Ceramic...
  22. Vehto

2275 Power board hot - Normal?

power supply voltage should be 35v J805 - J804 adjust trim pot R806 I would test the caps
  23. Vehto

Marantz Model 7c Restoration

:thmbsp:Very very nice Marantz gear Saul had his hand in designing this series up to the 18.
  24. Vehto

2275 no FM stereo Help

Well poking around last night still try to fix the no stereo issue. I replaced most of the transistors in the Fm muting circuit I also replaced the 2SK30y n-channel FET H301 & H312 with mouser part J109 Fm still comes in strong but in Mono. Stereo decoder HA1156 pin 4 is now showing 8.60v...
  25. Vehto

Marantz 2270 no FM Stereo

mmm when the stereo light is off do you still get stereo out of the speakers? Does the HA1156 turn on the Stereo light?
Back
Top Bottom