Search results

1. Yggdrasill

Lenco L75/PTP6

I have been looking for a nice turntable for a while. I have a bunch of vinyl I haven't listened to in decades and am finally getting a listening room set up. When I set up systems for my teens last year they both wanted turntables; got my son an entry Pioneer and my daughter an entry leveI...
  2. Yggdrasill

Cleaning the faceplate on a McIntosh 4100

I'm looking at buying a 4100 but noticed there is a lot of smearing on the inside of the dial glass at either end. I'm wondering if I can clean this without too much trouble, It doesn't appear to be where the dial numbers are. I really do need to clean this because it will drive me nuts if I...
  3. Yggdrasill

Outsized MONSTER G-22000

Just visited Blaine (blhagstrom) today and saw his G-22000. Ho.... Lee... Cow.... That thing is freaking enormous. It's like looking at the G-9000 through a magnifying glass! It's not only too big for my wallet but also I think for my living room. He did a stellar job of restoring it and it...
  4. Yggdrasill

Receiver for my daughter

My 17-year old daughter has outgrown the little pink Superscope I bought for her years ago on AK. She's really into music - radio and vinyl in particular- and there are three receivers near me for sale that I'm looking at: Concept 5.5, Technics SA-500, Luxman R-1050. The first two are selling...
  5. Yggdrasill

2265b phono section

I'm looking at some receivers for my daughter (that's her in my avatar from quite a few years ago), who has outgrown the pretty littler superscope that I bought from a member here a decade ago. One of them is a 2265b a friend wants to sell. She loves vinyl and I'm curious about how good the...
  6. Yggdrasill

Looking at a pair of JBL L100

Kind of eyeing a pair of L100s near me. Wondering what a good price is and if there is anything in particular to look for? I haven't been able to audition them yet but from the photos they look to be in good condition, with a walnut veneer and just a thin fabric grill cover, not the thick...
  7. Yggdrasill

Price for a Sota Sapphire turntable?

I've been looking for a turntable locally (Seattle) and came across a Sota Sapphire, with a Jelco arm and no cartridge. Has a dust cover and the plinth is some brown and black stripy wood. I don't know too much about these. The guy is asking $1500 and pricing on hifishark seems all over the...
  8. Yggdrasill

Online escrow service for transactions?

Has anyone used an online escrow service instead of relying on the buyer protections with PayPal or something similar? Seems like it might be a good way to go but curious if anyone has thoughts.
  9. Yggdrasill

Long shot question

I've got a gorgeous AU-alpha607 NRA II from 1999 that has a processor switch. I am really curious about what kind of processor it has. I've looked to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone else have any late model Sansui integrateds with processors?
  10. Yggdrasill

mono/stereo selector switch question

I've got an old Sony vfet integrated, the TA-4650, that was restored by EchoWars a number of years back. I haven't used it much recently and when I pulled it out today discovered something weird. In stereo mode the right channel has only a very faint signal, barely a whisper of the track with...
  11. Yggdrasill

If you were to spend up to $3000 on an amp...

what would you buy? I was looking around and found the following in this price range. Yes, some are power amps, some integrated, some SS, some tube, some really high power, some low power. Just curious if you have any favs among these or something else entirely: Yamaha PC5002M Mcintosh...
  12. Yggdrasill

AU-x111 Mos Vintage

I have lusted after an AU-X1111 Mos Vintage for years, but the 120V versions are super rare, and I am leery of shipping from Japan. Plus they are expensive. These facts have got me wondering about the AU-X111 Mos Vintage. Looking at them, they are remarkably similar, but everyone raves about...
  13. Yggdrasill

NYC to Seattle - Heavy amplifier

I have a line on an amp I have been looking for forever, but - natch - it's on the other side of the country and the buyer isn't willing to ship. Is there anyone in the NYC area willing to crate and ship a monstrous beast (it's a Sansui BA-5000) for me ? I'd be happy to compensate you for your...
  14. Yggdrasill

Dahlquist M-907

What's a fair price for a pair of these in working condition, with the stands and in great cosmetic shape?
  15. Yggdrasill

Pioneer D-23 crossover

What's a reasonable price for this unit, assuming it works and is nice cosmetically? Have a line on one for $950, which seems a bit high, based that auction site.
  16. Yggdrasill

B&W 801

What is a reasonable price for a pair of these, I believe 80/Series 1, in great condition? Thanks!
  17. Yggdrasill

Fair price for a Mcintosh MEN-220?

I have a line on one for $2400. Does that seem reasonable?
  18. Yggdrasill

Northwest Tuner Tech

Can anyone recommend a tech in the Pacific Northwest to work on tube tuners? I have a working 310-E that I would like to bring to its full capability.
  19. Yggdrasill

Saw the craziest ad....

Came across this on usaudiomart: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649454060-jbl-250ti-speakers-two-pair-in-photos-being-sold-at-same-time-only/ It's a guy selling two pairs of JBL 250Ti speakers for $27,000 (for both). Apparently these sold and he has two more up for sale. Now, I want to...
  20. Yggdrasill

OHM Walsh 3 for $350?

Is this a fair deal if in good working condition? Anything in particular to look for with this model? I have always wanted to try a pair of Ohms.
  21. Yggdrasill

Sansui Mos Vintage vs Mos Limited

I'm curious about the MOS designation. Did Sansui use the same transistors in all MOS units? Are there differences between the Vintage and Limited Mos versions other than nomenclature? Anyone know?
  22. Yggdrasill

Richland WA to (or towards) Seattle

To consummate the purchase of some amazing speakers from another AKer I am putting out this feeler for a Pony Express from Richland to or in the direction of Seattle. Doesn't have to be right away. Some time in the next month or so? Let me know. Dinner and drinks on me! Thor
  23. Yggdrasill

Amplifier hum?

I have a Marantz 170DC, recapped last year, that emits a noticeable hum. It does not come from or through the speakers, and is independent of volume. It simply hums when it is turned on, and it's pretty loud. Any ideas on what could cause that?
  24. Yggdrasill

Fair price for Sansui QRX-9001 fully restored?

These sell unrestored for a couple of hundred on that auction site, and I know they are notoriously complicated to restore. Any thoughts on what a reasonable price for a fully restored one would be?
  25. Yggdrasill

The Last Sansui, a MOS question

This is a bit of esoterica, but I have always wondered about the MOS Sansui amps, and how they sound different from otherwise similar amps of the same era. Some are MOS Vintage, some MOS Limited. I don't know what the difference is. For example, I have an AU-alpha 607 NRA II, the last...
Back
Top Bottom