Search results

1. jefe vt

NHT M-100 speakers.

I have a pair of NHT m-100 speakers in good shape. Not mint, but good all around. Any idea what these might be worth. I've always wanted to know.
  2. jefe vt

B&W score.

I just grabbed a pair of B&W DM 110 for a steal. The only issue was the dust cap was coming loose on both speakers. I removed them both as clean as possible, then glued them back in place with some leftover glue I had from a recent refoam. WOW!!:banana::banana: B&W has never disappointed me. I...
  3. jefe vt

Unknown Mirage Speakers

I picked these up at a tag sale today, and other than the facts that they are mirage, sound pretty decent, and look like refugees from Miami Vice, does anybody know anything about them. They have a 6.5 inch woofer and what looks to be a .75 inch soft dome tweeter. They are built well, and...
  4. jefe vt

Infinty rs 3000, any suggestions

I can grab a set of infinity rs 3002s for 25.00. They are in excellent shape but...... the woofers have been replaced with aftermarket jobs. Any suggestions if I should grab them or pass. As you could probably guess, I don't need them, but are they worth adding to my collection.:scratch2:
  5. jefe vt

My new free AR 94s, with a little help

I would like to thank everyone here for all the great advice available on this website. Thanks to all of you, I now have a great set of operational ar 94s. I had to replace the surrounds (big shock), but it was an easy fix thanks to all the info on this site, and they are back up and running...
  6. jefe vt

I think I am finally done with speakers for my HT.

I recently grabbed a B&W asw 650, to go along with my asw 600. I am Running Paradigm Monitor 7 for the Front, CC-370 for the center, Mini Monitor for the rears, now I just need to up the wattage to the mains, and I think I will be set. My Onkyo tx-702 no longer cuts it. I think a nice NAD of...
  7. jefe vt

Yet another..... What are these... Sansui________

These are on my local cl, and I was just wondering what model they are, and if they are worth 60.00 or not. I don't think I will buy them either way, unless they are really spectacular.(not holding breath) I think they have been posted about 5 times already.
  8. jefe vt

Very low volume in my NHT SuperSub

I can't seem to get any gain out of my NHT supersub. I know only having two 6.5 inch drivers, I won't get much out of it, but I think I should be getting more than I am. I have to use the Line level inputs, as the rca inputs are broken. Any ideas where to start looking would be great.
  9. jefe vt

KLH model 102?? Any good?

My friend gave me a set of klh model 102s but they need to be refoamed. Are they worth it, or not? They don't seem like anything too great, but I can't find any info on them.
  10. jefe vt

Dual 1218 value??

I have been given a dual 1218 in good to great shape. [Edited by moderator] Any ideas.:scratch2:
  11. jefe vt

value of a technics sa 500

I have a line on a technics sa 500 mint. Is it worth 100.00. There is nothing wrong with it and it doesn't have a scratch on it.
  12. jefe vt

Trouble with a 331

I just bought a 331 off cl and the right channel is "weak" for lack of a better word. The bass is distorted, but otherwise the unit is in mint condition. Any help where to start troubleshooting?:scratch2:
  13. jefe vt

Airport Express. I love this thing!!!

I just grabbed an airport express from my local apple people and I am already in love. I can now stream my entire collection in lossless from anywhere in my house and have it sent right to my stereo. with a full digital connection no less. I was weary about this device, afraid I would lose...
  14. jefe vt

Free Mach Ones in Western Mass

Here is a link to a pair of free mach ones, need some work, but, free. http://westernmass.craigslist.org/zip/601372054.html
  15. jefe vt

Where do you get your Grill Cloth??

I need to replace the grill cloth on my nht monitors and I was looking to use a light brown or tan. I think it would look good with the High Gloss Black. Any Suggestions where to go. I checked Parts Express, and they didn't have what I was looking for as far as color goes. Anything else?
  16. jefe vt

Carver and Soundcraftsman MA CL

Man there has been some decent stuff on CL lately. http://westernmass.craigslist.org/ele/553941724.html
  17. jefe vt

western mass CL wharfedale, and snell speakers.

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/ele/553633950.html http://westernmass.craigslist.org/ele/553655348.html
  18. jefe vt

What you don't want to see inside your speakers.

I just posted about my new NHT sub, and the that had been living in it. Well, as I thought about it, my NHT m-100s were in the same building as the sub, and they also have a port in the bottom so........ I pull out the bass drivers and take a look. First speaker, Clean. Second Speaker......Damn...
  19. jefe vt

My New NHT sub was a nice home for something!!

Today I picked up an NHT Sub, I can't figure out what model it is, but it is two 6.5 down-firing subs in a ported enclosure. I went to check it out today and upon demo, I noticed a rattle....... Bad Sign.:no: So I pick it up and notice that the rattle is coming from within the cabinet. I decide...
  20. jefe vt

Yamaha A 100a value??

I am checking out a Yamaha a 100a amp and I was just wondering if anyone knows the value. Thanks
  21. jefe vt

Repairing Piano Finish??

I have a set of nht m-100 speaks and the piano finish is chipped off in a couple of places. I was wondering if it is possible to fix this. An auto body guy suggested epoxy to fill in the space and then buff it out to a shine. "Kinda like a bowling ball" he claims?? I don't know if you have any...
  22. jefe vt

NHT m-100 speakers. They are Mine!!

I have just aquired these beauties from CL.:banana: So far so good. Man are these things heavy, but boy do they sound good:music::thmbsp: So far I have only listened to them for about an hour, and they are just beautiful. Very Clean, nice bass, good highs but not too bright, just enough. A very...
  23. jefe vt

NHT M-100 speakers? worth 80.00 or not?

I have a line on a pair of NHT m100s supposedly mint. I can't seem to find any info on them. Any recommendations.:headscrat:headscrat
  24. jefe vt

The best current Movies to show off Surround Sound.

O.K. It has been a while since I have seen a current list of peoples favorites for showing off their surround sound system. I'll Start this off with.... Resident Evil: extinction. Not the best movie, but the best sounding of the three. Transformers. Also, not the best movie, but one of the...
  25. jefe vt

Thanks for having me

I'm glad to find so many others who share my addiction. I thank you all in advance for all of the knowledge you so willingly share. I am caught in the land between vintage audio and home theater. I am running a sansui 500a with some advent legacy III's, and I also have an HT Running Paradigm...
Back
Top Bottom