Search results

1. W

Holy Shit! NJ honeypot-tubes, tables, Quads

I live locally but will be away all weekend. With the huge amount to be sold, maybe they'll have a week two...
  2. W

Eatontown NJ Pioneer RT707, Oscilloscopes, Phase Linear 1000, SAE NR

Asking prices on NIB Thorens TD115 and Pioneer 707 were $500 each when sale opened on Friday. I wonder what they agreed to sell them for.
  3. W

Anticables

I'm using a pair with a C29/MC2505 combo. Happy with them, although they replaced pretty modest cables so I don't have much to compare them to. Although the coating is thin, it is quite tough. The stiffness of the wire is a bit of a challenge to manipulate.
  4. W

Marantz repair in N.J.

I have also had several pieces serviced by Tim, and concur with the positive comments above. I won't hesitate to use his services again if need be.
  5. W

MC 2505 preamp recommendations

I'm very happy using a C29 preamp as a mate.
  6. W

Here is a contest for you!

audiokarma
  7. W

Colts Neck NJ Mark Levinson McIntosh Duntech more

There was nothing beyond the items pictured. In the video on the seller's website, the item under the NG looks like a Hafler preamp. I don't remember actually seeing it when I walked in. No records. I overheard the flippers saying the Mark Levinson amp was worth $1500, so they weren't happy...
  8. W

Colts Neck NJ Mark Levinson McIntosh Duntech more

I got there early and got #7, so I was able to get in when it opened. Only about a dozen folks pre-opening, but I think half of them were there for the audio gear. Mark Levinson 333 amp- $2500. McIntosh MC440M amp- Didn't check price Duntech The Crown Prince speakers (woofers need new foam)...
  9. W

SoundStageDirect $100 Gift Certificate Giveaway HERE!

SoundStageDirect Thanks. Great vendor and great contest!
  10. W

Big (monster) receivers with dual phono inputs

My Luxman R-1120 has two phono inputs. My Yamaha CR-2040 has only one.
  11. W

If you own a turntable and LP's, how old are you?

I'm 59. I bought my first TT in 1969. Now I have many...
  12. W

Ohm C2 speakers

I agree...great find. I refoamed a yard sale pair using RC's surrounds and they sound very nice.
  13. W

Another SoundStageDirect contest -- Modest Mouse 180g 2-LP

Soundstagedirect.com
  14. W

Win a SoundStageDirect Gift Certificate!

Soundstagedirect.com
  15. W

More yard sales in one sitting than I have ever seen!

There is no single "best" strategy to increase your chances of success, but IMHO: 1) Hit the older neighborhoods first. 2) Moving sales are usually better than multi-family sales. 3) Advertised sales with records, stereo, etc. listed will attract much more competition. 4) Advertised sales...
  16. W

WIN your choice of Interconnect - Avantiaudio.com contest

Avantiaudio.com Thanks!
  17. W

Audiokarma Anniversary Contest, sign up here

Audiokarma
  18. W

I don't understand this CL seller's strategy

I use a Hotmail account to respond to Craigslist ads. I recently got a response three days after I emailed, because my email had gone into the seller's junk mail folder, and she only occasionally checked that folder. My followup email to her was quickly answered. Sometimes I get no response...
  19. W

Yamaha vs. McIntosh?

I have a Yamaha MX-2 and a McIntosh 2505. The MX-2 has a damping factor of 250 @ 8 ohms. The 2505 has a damping factor 27 @ 8 ohms. (The 2105 has a damping factor of 13 @ 8 ohms.) I swapped out the MX-2 for the 2505 in my main system. There was a very notible difference in the sound of the bass...
  20. W

WIN Credence CHRONICLE LP - ANOTHER SoundStageDirect.com contest

Soundstagedirect.com
  21. W

WIN Ramones Mania LP - ANOTHER SoundStageDirect.com contest

SoundStageDirect.com
  22. W

Who still actively looks for gear?

I'm sort of in the middle. I still really enjoy the hunt, but I've gotten to the point where, as others mentioned, I'm unlikely to find anything that will upgrade my current system(s). I now pass on many items I would have jumped on a few years ago. But the possibility of finding something...
  23. W

WIN new Herbie Hancock vinyl - SoundStageDirect.com contest

Soundstagedirect.com
  24. W

WIN new NIRVANA vinyl - SoundStageDirect.com contest

Soundstagedirect.com
Back
Top Bottom