Search results

1. Tharbamar

A New Generation of Craftsmanship - Technics

Have you guys seen this documentary video of new generation of Technics products? Currently I'm saving for new Technics TT.
  2. Tharbamar

How To Clean Mold On This Driver? Safely.

This is what I see when I pull out of storage, no water leak or wet spots on packaging. Please advice!
  3. Tharbamar

Q Acoustics 3020 Is Real Deal

I've been shopping around for good sounding mini monitor speakers under $500 for bed room system, it's been quiet a while. And I found that a lot of speakers in this price range suffer from build quality to inaccurate sound reproduction. Only speakers I liked and kept was JBL Studio 230s but...
  4. Tharbamar

JBL Studio 230 Speakers

JBL Studio 230 Bookshelf Speakers sells for $399.95 at most of the places, yesterday I went to local Fry's and I found them selling at $299.95, quick auditioning with Denon AVR at store and grab a pair for my 2nd system because I sold all of my speakers other than LS50. I've been looking to get...
  5. Tharbamar

Review of Fluance Signature Series Tower Speakers.

Here is my little review of Fluance Signature Series Tower Speakers. 20 years with this hobby I had at least 10 pair tower speakers in the past including electrostatic speakers. These got to be lowest priced tower speakers I've ever bought. I received these speakers from UPS without a...
  6. Tharbamar

ELAC F5 Tower Speakers Are Good Performers!

This is not a review,I'm just sharing my finding with ELAC F5 Speakers for the people who might be interested in ELAC F5 Small Towers. I started noticing Mr.Jones work when he was with TAD/Pioneer, one time I had a chance to listen to TAD R1 Speakers that I fall in love with it and started...
  7. Tharbamar

New Fluance Signature Series Speakers...Opinion?

Anyone here have heard these Fluance Signature Series ? Price is very tempting at $699.99 for a pair with free shipping and returns. Price is too good to be true if the performance is as good as SPECs shows, If you heard these Fluance speakers please share your opinion,Thank you.
  8. Tharbamar

Best Vintage Audio Shop I Have Ever Seen!

Here is 10 minutes YouTube video of vintage audio shop Jupiter Audio in Sagamihara, Japan. I'm not a vintage audio guy but I do appreciate value and quality from back in the days, this place has so many nice gear in collection but pricey. It's in Japanese language but you can see the unique...
  9. Tharbamar

A.Jones Designed ELAC B5 vs. Pioneer BS22 Speakers,Which ONE would you keep?

I bought a pair of ELAC B5 to Compare with my Modified Pioneer BS22 Speakers. Honestly ELAC B5 sound is great, same design theory and some what similar A.Jones signature sound for affordable speakers. Although I'm not fan of boxy black speaker cabinets. As always Bass response is really great...
  10. Tharbamar

Re-Vinyl Pioneer BS22 Bookshelf Speakers

This is my first post here on speakers forum but I've been reading here for long time. I changed the color on my Pioneer BS-22LR speakers inspired by this thread "Painted My Pioneer SP-BS22-LRs Orange" I've been thinking of doing the same since the day I've got these speakers, never was a fan...
  11. Tharbamar

What Audio Brand That You Will Never Buy And Why?

I will not buy products from Bose & Beats & Audio Note(UK). Bose & Beats (Not worth the money but not in never ever category) However, I will never buy any of Audio Note(UK) products because they stole the name from Mr.Kondo, it's not fair for a guy who designed & build the Audio Note products...
  12. Tharbamar

New Belt Drive Turntable From TEAC: TN-500HR Is Coming.

According to TEAC, The Best USB Turntable Ever Built. Analog to Digital Conversion and Hi-Res Audio Source in One Unit. Features: Optical Digital Output. High Resolution 24Bit USB Conversion & Output 192KIz, 96KHz or 48KIz. Built In Phono Equalizer (MM) 12V External Power Supply. Artificial...
  13. Tharbamar

MC Step Up Transformer Dilemma (Choosing Right SUT)

For my musical enjoyment and trying to improve the sound of vinyl playback in my 2 channel system, I wanted to try step up transformers (some says it's magical)but I'm not planning to pay mega bucks for simple step up transformers. I went ahead and tried a few step up transformers for my Denon...
  14. Tharbamar

My Music Corner

Here is the latest pictures of my 2 channel system. Ascend Acoustics Sierra NrT Towers. Heavily Modified Denon DP47F w/DL-301mk2, Denon AU-103 Step Up Transformer. Marantz UD-7007 SACD/Hi-Res Player. Parasound Halo P5 & Halo A21. Most of my records are in storage room, I only keep...
  15. Tharbamar

DIY: Softone PLT-1 MC Step Up Transformer

Features It corresponds to two types of MC cartridges, 10ohm and 40ohm. A 78% Nickel permalloy L type core suitable for a small signal. High external noise exclusion capability by balance structure winding. A wideband and a smooth frequency response characteristic. Low direct-current...
  16. Tharbamar

This is what I want to share !

:) Lo-D AD-193r Record Cleaner. I'm not sure how rare is this record cleaner is but I've got to grab it because brand new in the box for $25. I don't even know if working or how well this work for cleaning records. It's a rechargeable one with brush. Should open it to check the battery? It...
  17. Tharbamar

Automatic Turntable Recommendation Please! Vintage or Modern.

Hello everyone, I'm looking for automatic turntable recommendation for my everyday use. My main table is Denon DP47F (I'm using it on and off since 1995) recently professionally serviced and working perfect, last month upgraded with DL-301mk2 cartridge but I want one more automatic TT as back...
  18. Tharbamar

Watch Vinyl Being Cut, Live!

Just a little heads up, it happening this weekend at WAX, a new music industry event centred around vinyl and record collecting culture, Los Angeles Capital Recods. http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/watch-vinyl-being-cut-live-at-capitol-records-this-weekend/
  19. Tharbamar

Parasound Halo P5 Pre-Amplifier $38 Improvement.(Pics Heavy)

I want to share last weekend fun little project, Inspired by Halo JC2 Pre-Amp. I wanted to see if I can get improvements by adding 3/8" thick aluminum shielding and dynamat to my Parasound Halo P5. Also, tapping my finger on the 1/8th inch thick top panel produced a very hollow metallic sound...
  20. Tharbamar

Headshell Lead Wires Upgraded & Reviewed.

Hi, I've been upgrading analog department in past 2 months for my main system. Never thought of upgrading headshell leads for my turntable until past few weeks because I thought replacing small lead wires are not going to improved the sound over stock leads but I was wrong, headshell leads does...
  21. Tharbamar

New Cartridge For Denon DP47F.

Hi Guys! I'm ready to upgrade my Denon DP47F with new MC cartridge. I'm looking at Denon DL-103R and DL-301 MK II as upgrade from current DL-80 MC which may be same as DL-110 according to specification. Denon DL-80. High Output MC cartridge. 1,6mv @ 50 mm/s 1khz. The Channel balance...
  22. Tharbamar

Must Have 25 Vinyl Albums For A Music Lover.

Please share your list of 25 Must Have Vinyl Albums. Here is my list of 25 albums, not in particular order. Steely Dan “Aja” Michael Jackson "Thriller" Miles Davis “Kind Of Blue” Sade “The Best Of Sade” Donald Fagen “The Nightfly” Anne Bisson “Blue Mind” Shelby Lynne “Just A Little...
  23. Tharbamar

RCA Phono Plugs! Neutrik vs. WBT

Hi Everyone! I was looking to replace 20yrs old RCA plugs from my Denon DP47F TT, a lot of people are recommending WBT, Neutrik, Canare, Furutech etc., So I bought WBT plugs for my TT and it is a big improvement over 20yrs old original plugs. My System: Speakers: Ascend Acoustics...
  24. Tharbamar

Is it Time For Class A/AB to D ?

This hobby started 20 years ago from dissatisfaction of sound reproduction of component systems and went through so many amplifiers, now I'm at 42 and thousand of dollars after I stumble upon Crown XLS DriveCore Pro amplifiers while I was searching power amp for home theatre set up. Thanks to...
  25. Tharbamar

TEAC TN-200 Another TT from TEAC

TEAC TN-200 Another low cost TT from TEAC, pricing is not release yet. May be a cheaper version of TN-300 or TN-300 Replacement.
Back
Top Bottom