Search results

1. bergun

Are there any “rack size” phono amplifiers on today’s market?

Hi, I’m currently rebuilding my two channel system, based around Yamaha’s R-N2000 receiver and the new Technics SL-1200GR2 turntable when it becomes available in the US market… My local Hi-Fi dealer stated that they’re expecting to get them around late February/early March. Anyway, the phono amp...
  2. bergun

As confusion sets in… Technics SL-1200GR2 or Denon DP-3000NE

I’m currently building my “forever“ two channel audio system. Being 61, I still have plenty of life in me, but I am a realist and I know my years are numbers since I am now on the downward slide in life. I currently have a newYamaha R-N2000 in silver with a silver face Yamaha CD-S700 CD...
  3. bergun

Question for owners of Yamaha’s CD-S2100 CD Player

I recently purchased Yamaha’s R-N2000a Receiver and now, I‘m thinking on picking up a CD-S2100 CD Player to round out my now “forever“ two channel audio system. BUT!! For a $3Ks CD Player, I’m concerned after reading and seeing videos on how this CD player has an issue with reading SA-CD discs...
  4. bergun

Dead Akai CD-D1 Player?

A really stupid question. I have a dead Akia CD-D1 player that powers up, but cannot read a CD at all. My question, is it even worth hanging on to it any more? I’m purging my garage of audio/video equipment and I am torn with either tossing or keeping this CD player. ”I” do not even think it...
  5. bergun

Any recommendations for servicing a M45 Power Amplifier?

I have a used M45 that I bought used back in 2005 and I’m thinking of putting it back into my main two channel system. With that said, I’m looking to have it cleaned, serviced, all the lightbulbs replaced and upgrades speaker terminals added. It currently powers up and works. With that said...
  6. bergun

Can you connect an EQ to the Yamaha A-S1200/2200?

OK, I know it’s blasphemy to think of connecting an EQ and a DBX 3 Range Expander to either a Yamaha A-S1200 or the 2200, but since I’ve been listening to more Vinyl LPs now, and sadly, my collection I’ve owned since the late 1970 and early/mid 1980s is not in the best condition these days...
  7. bergun

Any recommendations of a good place to send a Yamaha K700 cassette deck in for repairs?

Due to my schedule, I don’t have the time to do too much of anything since my work days are 12 hrs long, so I was wondering if anybody knows of a place that can replace the belts, do a check up, as well as a good cleaning of a Yamaha K700 cassette deck? Thanks for looking and any advice!!
  8. bergun

A good place to send my SA-8800II and TX-8800II for a cleaning and a check up?

I’ve been clearing out my stash of vintage equipment from the garage and basically only keeping slightly less than half of the units I’ve had for 20ish years… And sadly, really didn’t do too much with them for all those years. Now, as a retiree, I have more time for my hobbies. Out of my...
  9. bergun

Any recommendations for a complete restoration of a Yamaha K-700 tape deck?

OK, first it’s only a Yamaha K-700, a mid level, at best cassette deck, but “I” like it and I have many fond memories with it, so it has lots of sentimental value to me. Anyway, after having my Akai GX-77 rebuilt, I looking to have my K-700 rebuilt. I’m hoping to send in two decks, with one...
  10. bergun

Any reputable business that can paint and redo the silkscreening on faceplates?

As the title states, I was wondering if there is a business that can paint and redo the silkscreening of alloy faceplates that have “battle scares” from years of moving around the country. I know it’s not going to be cheap, but with today’s technologies, which I am not a tech guy, it seems that...
  11. bergun

Removing plastic parts from a faceplate?

I’ve been putting off several cosmetic repair projects, but being winter, I’ll have some time to at least start three of these projects. I’ve settled on having the three faceplates professionally painted in a Satin Silver and before the painting, fill/sand any dings. As for the markings, I’m...
  12. bergun

Yamaha MX-A5200 and CX-A5200 now discontinued

Sorry, I just need to vent a little bit. :) Well, I HAD ordered and paid for the Yamaha’s MX-A5200 and CX-A5200 from Best Buy’s Magnolia Hi-Fi back in mid September, which they stated that they had, but we’re stuck on a ship somewhere in the Pacific. I don’t blame their sales staff one bit...
  13. bergun

Hooking up an EQ between the Yamaha CX-A5200 & MX-A5200??

I just purchased the Yamaha CX-A5200 and MX-A5200, which is still on a cargo ship, as my last audio and video system. Since this system will be doing “double duty,” honestly, more of a Two-Channel audio system than a Home Theater system, except when a good movie comes out on Blu-Ray/4K disc...
  14. bergun

Hooking up an EQ between the Yamaha CX-A5200 and MX-A5200

I’ve made up my mind and will be buying both the Yamaha CX-A5200 the MX-A5200 set up as my main system, which will end up in my TV room. Anyway, one of the main reason why I’m going with system was that it’s a great home theater set-up AND a solid two channel system so this will serve most of...
  15. bergun

Removing plastic parts from an alloy faceplate?

Hi, I have a Kenwood KA-9X amplifier that I’m thinking of have the faceplate refinished… Professionally painted and I’m trying to as much work a possible on my end to keep the cost down since I’m hoping to have several other faceplates refinished as well. On the backside of the KA-9X...
  16. bergun

Adding a Pre-Out/Main-In Coupler to Kenwood KA-9X?

Well, I’m taking my 1983-ish Kenwood KA-9X Intergraded Amplifier out of retirement… Again for the ??? time. In the past, I Jerry-Rigged both my Kenwood GE-9X Equalizer and my DBX Three Band range expander to use with this amp in the past by using the Record Out selector. Anyway, I’m going to...
  17. bergun

How to hook up an audio visualizer to a Home Theater system?

I’m redoing my home theater, with is based on a Yamaha RX-A3040 receiver, Oppo UDP-203 4K player, both an older Kenwood laserdisc player and a Sony stereo VCR. I’m hoping to replace the receiver with a newer Yamaha receiver once there back in stock, due to the pandemic. I will be adding a...
  18. bergun

Yamaha CX-A5200 and MX-A5200 as a Two Channel System?

I'm 40 days from third retirement and a new audio/video system is a treat to myself. Currently, I'm looking at the Yamaha CX-A5200 and MX-A5200 to fill both my home theater... AND my two channel system needs. Since I'm back into vinyl LPs again and somewhat, slipping back into the retro mode...
  19. bergun

Very unhappy with the Yamaha A-S801...

Well, I had the A-S801 for approximately 1.5 years now and the bottom line is that I not happy with it at all. It plays digital sources like CDs and DVDs like a champ, but the phono stage basically sucks. No matter what I do, I cannot get the humming out, which is noticeable even at low level...
  20. bergun

Any good stereo repair shops in the Seattle area... Before I start the purge??

I’m at crisis mode and a tough decision will be made... Which is killing me, but it way past that time... The time to purge equipment that I’ll never fix up. Basically, it’s no longer makes sense to store all these units and to be honest, it’s basically junk that’s stuffed into every corner of...
  21. bergun

Hooking up an EQ to Yamaha's CX-A5200 and MX-5200?

I've been looking at Yamaha's CX-A5200 Preamp and MX-A5200 Power Amp, as well as possibly the A-S3000/3200 Integrated Amplifier, as being my last really nice set-up, to carry me off into the sunset. Anyway, if I go with the CX-A5200/MX-A5200, is it possible to hook up an equalizer, a Kenwood...
  22. bergun

Is it possible to add a Pre-Out/Main-In to a Kenwood KA-9X Integrated Amp??

Hi, I'll probably get flamed on this one, but here it goes anyway... I have two Kenwood KA-9X integrated amplifiers (1982/1983) and I was wondering if its possible for a tech to add RCA jacks for a functioning Pre-Out Main-In inputs to one of these amplifiers? The reason why I'm asking is...
  23. bergun

Need a good repair shop for a Yamaha K-700 Cassette Deck and CD-3 CD Player?

Looking to have a Yamaha K-700 cassette deck cleaned, serviced and repaired... I have three of them, in silver and looking to have ONE solid deck built out of three. Also, I have a Yamaha CD-3 CD player that needs a full service and repair as well and I’ll be sending in two units, to again...
  24. bergun

Hooking up an EQ to Yamaha’s CX-A5200 and MX-A5200?

I was planning on purchasing the Yamaha A-S2100... I could never afford the A-S3000... Later this year to replace my A-S801 that not really doing anything for me. I would never consider myself an audiophile, since movies/music videos are my main source of enjoyment, by far, but I’ve been...
  25. bergun

Best way to recondition used CD jewel case artwork?

Being semi-retired and an advent collector or both CDs and DVDs, I’ve lately been purchasing more and more of my discs in used condition from various sources, like ebay and local independent record/music shops. Since they’re used, often in less than great condition, I usually replace the...
Back
Top Bottom