Search results

1. RickB

Question about ScanSpeak 15W/8530K-01 repair? Or replacement?

The original ScanSpeak Revelator drivers in my Totem Hawks are toast...bad surrounds led to bottoming out which led to blown voice coils. I am wondering if anyone here has had any experience with: They have a listing for all the drivers they can repair and the ScanSpeaks are listed at $80.00...
  2. RickB

Has our robot overlord been born?

https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917
  3. RickB

Question for MC240 gurus...

Before I start into tearing up my 240, why would one output transformer run warmer than the other? This is the the one the outside, not the one in the middle. I've tried two sets of matched quads of tubes, with and without tube coolers, but even after a few minutes on the outside one runs...
  4. RickB

Antique Sound Lab MG Head DT / OTL MK III Schematic Wanted

It seems as if Antique Sound Lab has evaporated, their previous importer/representative Divergent Technology no longer shows them on their web site... I've got one of these and I would really like a schematic, anyone have one? TIA
  5. RickB

Dang! Looks like tube amp weather in South Texas is at an end for now...

Warm and humid enough outside to have to close the windows and turn on the central air...Looks like NotSummer is coming to an end and a return to Summer and solid state amplifiers is in my immediate future... Oh well, change the clocks for daylight savings time, change the amps, too... .
  6. RickB

What happened to the Audiophile Stream Network???

I listen to the different streams from this streaming service (stream.psychomed.gr) quite frequently, but it seems to have evaporated, even the links to their Facebook pages come up as dead links. Anyone know anything about this situation? Thanks .
  7. RickB

FM Biting the dust in 2017....

At least in Norway: http://qrznow.com/in-2017-norway-will-be-first-country-to-shut-down-fm-radio/
  8. RickB

One Week Without my Baby

July 4th was a terrible day for me and my baby... An out of town-er turned left right in front of me and I smashed the hell out of my 2003 325iT wagon into the passenger side of her rented Hyundai. The Bimmer was my favorite vehicle in nearly 50 years of owning and driving cars and...
  9. RickB

An update to the Digitizing of my Vinyl with the PSAudio NuWave Phono Convertor

I've been using our NWPC since we got it in the middle of December in the interest of not only digitizing some of my 3K+ LP's, but to also write up an almost "how-to-do-it" article about making a music server with a budget computer and external USB DAC's. There have been a couple of glitches...
  10. RickB

So, there I am digitizing my LP's, any Bloodrock fans out there?

I've been spending hours each day with the PSAudio NuWave phono converter and digitizing many of my LP's to 24/96 and 24/192...it takes about an hour from start to finish, from cleaning the LP with the Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions archivist formula, to recording, track splitting, tagging...
  11. RickB

Am I the only one on the planet that has a Linn setup like this one? (Long)

A Linn Axis with Basic plus came to me dead...it was exactly like my first Linn that replaced my Yamaha PX-3 (which I still have), the same model I traded for my Sondek nearly twenty years ago, and I was really interested to get it running to relive the experience of my first really good...
  12. RickB

Finally got to work on a.....

Fairchild! Went through it, found belts in my stash, got it cleaned up, and stuck a cheap cartridge on it, owner didn't want to spend much on it now as they are a poor college student (yeah, right!)...but it runs and plays.... If it were mine....that tonearm and all wiring would be redone...
  13. RickB

Dragged an old cartridge out of the mess, stuck a Pfansteihl Stylus on it....

Found an old B&O SP-12 with bad stylus in my collection...so I looked throught the thousand or so replacement styli I have and low and behold, there was an SP-12 stylus assembly from Pfansteihl... So, I took of the Grado XTZ/Gold and installed the SP-12 and.... I'm f-ing floored. This...
  14. RickB

So, I dug out a box of 7" R2R tapes that someone recorder way back when,and...

So, I dug out a box of 7" R2R tapes that someone recorded way back when, and... It's too bad that most of us back in he '70's didn't take the time to have a properly setup turntable....man...the way the sibilance on these recordings assaults my ears really sucks.... Not only that, recorded...
  15. RickB

I need some help deciding how to finish my Rek-O-Kut Rondine...

I want to get the community's input on how I should finish my Rondine.... I bought it earlier this summer and have been working on it occasionally and I am really having a tough time deciding what to do for a finish on it... I was originally going to take and polish out the top panel and...
  16. RickB

Thank you Craigslist for my New Turntable!

Finally found a local ad on Craigslist with something I really wanted... A Rek O Kut Rondine....not the Deluxe unfortunately, but for $45 who can complain... A really strange Gray 212 tonearm and a Shure M-3D.... I have already started restoring the arm...needs a rewire for...
  17. RickB

Pioneer PL-112D questions....

I went to one of the local Goodwill stores yesterday and found a scuzzy looking PL-112D on the shelf with a $19.95 price tag....so, I plugged it in to see if the motor ran and was greeted with a BZZZZAP!!! and the breaker to the outlet tripped....after resetting the breaker one of the helpers...
  18. RickB

So, I brought home a JVC dual cassette deck this weekend....

Since my Pioneer Elite CT-43 needs about $50 worth of belts and parts and my RX-202 Nak needs the idler and I have hundreds of cassettes that I have bought for little or nothing at Half Price Books, Goodwill, etc., so I thought that I'd borrow this one that belonged to the late father of the...
  19. RickB

Another AR-XA question

A relatively simple one: What was the original top panel painted with? Was it that rubberized textured type stuff that always deteriorated with age? Or was it just a texturized paint? Mine is sooooo ugly that you cant really tell what it was....I know that others have done all kinds...
  20. RickB

Grado Gold...I've really, really, really tried....

To like this cartridge with my setup...but, it just won't seem to jell with any of my turntables, my preamp...or my listening tastes... To back up a bit, I've been feeling lately like I have been giving the Grado Prestige Gold a short shrift and not really letting it strut its stuff, or live...
  21. RickB

Some Quick ( & dirty!) pics of the M-90's BP & Power IEC mods, update on SQ...

Just a few pics...didn't realize how dusty the M90 was until I edited these pics today...I should have remembered that the flash picks up everything and at least dusted that beast...and I am not going to take it out of the rack until I want to do more work on it! Oh well, you can see how the...
  22. RickB

Elite M-90 Observations and Questions

I have been the owner of an Elite M-90 for nearly two decades but rarely use it. Why? Sound Quality...it just didn't even measure up to an Adcom GFA-555II, much less a Bryston 2B, or a highly tweaked Sound Valves VTA-70i, no matter what speakers, cables, front end, etc., I used with...
  23. RickB

Finally found an instance where a Grado Prestige sounds better to me...

If anyone noticed my recent post on my finding of a Dual 1218, you'll notice I had an Audio Technica stylus on a Signet body...worked fine, but not optimal. So, I decided to try one of my least favorite families of cartridges, the Grado Prestige. I figured that the problems I hear with this...
  24. RickB

Got my first Dual, a 1218...

And I have to say that this is one totally different turntable than what I am used to playing with!!! I found it on the local Crigslist as a broken/parts unit...has a Signet TK3e...but the stylus is bent...$25.00... Broken parts: Motor didn't turn Contact plate that contacts the cartridge...
  25. RickB

Anybody else here enjoy OLD Audio Fidelity LP's?

Man, what a gas! Music I would never have bought except for the fact that I got them for 99 cents at Half Price Books... They recorded a lot of "unique" stuff back in the late fifties and early sixties, with great sonics, and I don't remember any of them having that "ping-pong" stereo crap...
Back
Top Bottom