Search results

1. S

Fisher 440-T tube amp stand alone

Hi Charlie ... thanks for the reply. I am waiting on some parts but the standalone conversion is moving along slowly, since I am undecided about replacing the cans with separate caps. All though, that is probably the cheapest way to go!! Your numbers look real good!! I saw a response from...
  2. S

Hi --- Have a few questions after reading your 440A Mods Thread and looking at your pictures: (1) Is what you are calling the Cathode Bypass Cap actually C93A, the 100MF/100V cap? And is it the BLUE ELECTROLYTIC CAP in your After Mod Picture? (2) How did you arrive at 270 Ohms 20W for the...
  3. S

Need Help With 440A

Joe --- Did you ever get your 440A amp working in the stand-alone Mode? I ask, because I am looking into what is needed to make my 440A Amp work Standalone. I found a few things on-line that might be of interest to you. The Fisher Consoles Website "www.fisherconsoles.com" has the service...
  4. S

Fisher 440A project - need help

Hi --- I have recently acquired a Fisher 440A Amplifier from a Custom Electra IV E44 Console and am looking into how to make it a standalone amplifier. Did you complete your Standalone 440A Project and was it successful? Would you be willing to share details of your Modifications? I...
  5. S

Hi --- I also picked up a Fisher 440A Amplifier from a Custom Electra V e44 and am looking into getting it working as a Standalone Amplifier. Did you succeed in getting yours to work Standalone and would you be willing to let me know your standalone Mods for the 440A? Please let me know...
  6. S

Fisher 480a questions

Hi Rich ---- I am also working on a Standalone Version of the Fisher 481A and have a few questions about what you did as shown in your 481A Pictures on Page 2 or 3 of this thread. In your picture showing the Speaker Binding Posts and the "rewired 6-pin Molex" for the speakers: a) How did you...
  7. S

Sound Valves VTP-100 Preamp Schematic?

I recently acquired a VTP-100 which has a Preliminary Manual 1.1 that includes mdelrossi's schematic plus separate PS Schematic. Is the separate PS schematic what you need? I sent you private message over on the Dynaco Tube Forum.
  8. S

Just bought an injured Sound Valves preamp. What to check?

The unit was triple boxed and it was too big to get in my car when I got it from the Post Office since it needed a signature and no one was home, so all I have had time to do is get it out of the big outer box, crush the outer box, so I could get everything into my vehicle. The next few days...
  9. S

Hi --- Last week I bought a SV VTP-100 on eBay which was delivered this afternoon. Mine has a serial number in the 0708xx number series. When I scanned thru SV Preamp sales on eBay, I discovered that the guy I bought it from had bought the unit from another eBayer on 02/09/2017. Since your...
  10. S

rudedogg --- did you ever get the SV VTP-100 working? I ask because the Forum Thread just stops in October 2016. Also, what is the Serial Number of your Preamp?
  11. S

ST 70 Mod Help Needed

PAD70 Info Hi John --- I looked at your OpAmpBuffer pictures here at AudioKarma. The white capacitor end of the Buffer Board is driven by a single wire from the Quad Cap 20MF Tab (SQUARE or 3-Sided_Rectangle Tab) to the front edge of the Buffer Board next to a resistor. This is the INPUT to...
  12. S

Optimus Pro 77's.....good?

HTHMAN - Thanks for the detailed info. I ordered two sets of the Minimus 77 foams (the ones Bootapest2 lists as being for 4 & 1/2 to 4 & 3/4 inch speakers). I have the Optimus Pro 77's (non-lineaem tweeter version) which still function OK, so I will hold off on foams for these. Thanks...
  13. S

Optimus Pro 77's.....good?

Surrounds - Minimus 77 & Optimus Pro 77 HTHMAN -- I know that this is an older thread, but where did you find/get the surrounds for the Minimus 77's and the Optimus Pro 77's??? I ask, because I have a set of both speakers, Please let us know. Thanks in advance!
  14. S

Hi Terry -- do you work on Fisher 500C's? I have one that sounds very good, except when at the...

Hi Terry -- do you work on Fisher 500C's? I have one that sounds very good, except when at the FM Automatic position of the Selector Switch. Don't get a multiplex signal (Stereo Beacon does not light up, but bulb is good), have sound but not multiplex. Sounds good in the FM Stereo and other...
Back
Top Bottom