Search results

1. B

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

"I assume it came back from Marc without the bottom cover" I apologize if this has been covered already, is this a standard mod, removing the bottom cover? Thanks
  2. B

Is it time for new IC's

Not trying to talk you out of new IC's but have you tried cleaning your connections with contact cleaner? I don't know how cables would get "weak" and fail over time unless you spend a lot of time changing them or they were removed by pulling the cable instead of the barrel of the connector.
  3. B

Dynaudio P46 ?

"I'm seeing it shown/described as a "transmission line" speaker. Looks like it has 2 ports between the midbass and woofer" What look like ports are what Dynaudio called Variovents. They are used in aperiodic enclosures. I am no expert but here is a description...
  4. B

Joe Walsh's "Turn To Stone" ... Which version is your favorite?

Maybe slightly OT but here's another version of Joe Walsh's "Turn to Stone"...... by Roy Buchanan thats pretty good IMO:thumbsup:
  5. B

Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner for cleaning vinyl with amazing results.

This version looks pretty safe http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/Products/Pages/multisurface-bathroom-cleaner.aspx?cid=SEM_G_+scrubbing%20+bubbles%20+bathroom%20+multi%20+surface Here is the MSDS https://enlight.consumercare.net/scripts/enlight.wsc/scj/kb/1607/17810543_1425996196 Ingredients are...
  6. B

crazy vinyl clamp

Here is a $3500 clamp with better availability. http://www.durand-tonearms.com/Accessories/accessories.html :rockon:
  7. B

Famous Covers done by the the original composer or writer

Bob Marley - I Shot The Sheriff
  8. B

Famous Covers done by the the original composer or writer

Kris Kristofferson~ Me and Bobby Mcgee
  9. B

Records with little dialogue, some and lots...do you have this format?

MATERIAL -"The Road to the Western Lands" has spoken word from William S Burroughs Laurie Anderson uses a lot of spoken word Gil Scott Heron also
  10. B

How to get rid of smoke smell

If it smells most with the dust cover up it may help to remove the dust cover and clean it thoroughly with "ammonia and water and/or other gentle cleaners" as mentioned above.
  11. B

New owner of Forte I's

I picked up a pair of Forte 1's back in August. My room is 12' wide and to me the best sound is with the outside of the speakers about 2' from the side wall and the speaker backs out about 2' from the wall.I have mine parallel with the walls, no toe in. YMMV. Nice speakers, congratulations...
  12. B

The Bluegrass and Newgrass Playlist

John Hartford in general and his album Aereo-Plain in particular. From Wikipedia: "John Hartford's groundbreaking bluegrass album released in 1971. The music on Aereo-Plain is a blend of traditional bluegrass musicianship, and the hippie spirit of the '70s. The album sold so poorly that Warner...
  13. B

Lets talk Blues Harp players

A few more that haven't been mentioned: "Big Walter" Horton and Billy Boy Arnold are both Chicago players that started in the 50's. Some good players that came after are Mark Wenner of the Nighthawks, Rod Piazza, and Marc Ford (Robben's brother).
  14. B

Lets talk Blues Harp players

James Cottons voice was trashed by throat cancer. I've seen Charlie Musselwhite three times and agree he should be seen if you are a blues fan.
  15. B

Forte Capacitor Question

I replaced the caps in a pair of 1989 Forte 1's purchased last August from the original owner. At the time I thought it made a significant difference. Reading about your results got me thinking that I also replaced the gaskets on the passive radiator and the speaker terminal plate at the same...
  16. B

Today's "White Trash Party" Playlist

Anything by Rev. Billy C. Wirtz or Mojo Nixon
  17. B

What LP did you specifically buy a backup of?

How does the reissue compare with the original?
  18. B

2015: The Best Modern Speakers in the $5k - $10k range

You could look at Vapor Audio. I've heard them at RMAF and they always sound great. The Arcus and Derecho are in your price range, probably a couple other models would be too with upgrades. http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/
  19. B

RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest) 2015

I don't know room numbers but Spatial Audio and Pure Audio Project are open baffle speakers that will be at the show.
  20. B

Today's GW Score-"Angelica's"-Audio/Planner speakers-WOW! One-off Prototypes?

You might try checking in at the Madisound forum. I know Madisound sold both Dynaudio and Eton back in the day. Someone may recognize them. Best of luck, Steve
Back
Top Bottom