Search results

1. kdlsoft

What Kind of Razor Do You Use?

Air Force Basic Training, Lackland, 1972. Had a squadmate the was radio genius but was lacking a few things. Issued an injector razor. Friend finally had to shave (peach fuzz). Trng instructor said "what happened to you?" when friend showed up with bloody face. Friend had never shaved, didn't...
  2. kdlsoft

Happy Birthday abpeep!

Enjoy, brother!
  3. kdlsoft

Anyone have experience with Circle Stereo?

I can't say anything good about "Circle Stereo", assuming it's the same as when they were in Austin, close to the hospital. I took a R2R and receiver to him that now I know was repairable but he recommended disposal. If I knew then.....
  4. kdlsoft

No Transistors-Dual 2019

Sunny Zweibrucken. Flew a typewriter in Personnel.
  5. kdlsoft

No Transistors-Dual 2019

Off topic, but I was in USAF, newly assigned to Germany. I didn't know where "Ausfart" was, but it was pretty popular destination, as signs were on all over the place...
  6. kdlsoft

Denon integrated amps

I've got both the PMA750 and the PMA-770. Both obtained from thrift shops. I currently have a wealth of equipment but the 750 has been in my bedroom system for about 4 years. Been very happy with its performance, great sound! An issue both have is the input display. The display has bled so I...
  7. kdlsoft

TEAC. What is the correct pronunciation?

It's not Nissan, it's DATSUN!
  8. kdlsoft

Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend- The Sunday Newspaper

Mother still gets the daily birdcage liner. Won't comment more on the content. Did notice the paper had 2 1/2 columns of pets for sale or adoption. Automotive section had 1 (one!!) car for sale. Local free weekly paper had all the public legal notices. Craigslist got everything else. I threw...
  9. kdlsoft

Genesis 1 W/cone in center of woofer? Looks modded?

Radio Shack replacement?:)
  10. kdlsoft

Cheap isolation pads - cork vs blue elastomer?

The cork sandwiches worked for my turntable. I've got a wood entertainment center on wood floors on the second floor. The home builder used wood flooring from a church being torn down. Due to previous resurfacing in the church and then preparation for the new house. I've been told the flooring...
  11. kdlsoft

Prices.... Going Up!!!

Yup, prices going up. Most people realize inflation costs but a radio dj made the point a few days ago that a year of 8.5% inflation will effectively take 1 monthly paycheck per year. Do you like getting by for a year on 11 paychecks? A second year of the same inflation will effectively take...
  12. kdlsoft

"Please help me I'm fallin'........

To paraphrase Sammy Allred, referring to most of what's been on the "country" radio stations... "That's not country, that's bad rock and roll."
  13. kdlsoft

KEF C40 speakers?

I've had a $40 Goodwill pair of C40s in the bedroom for about 10 years. Very happy with them. Then upgraded from. Pioneer SX-650 (35 epic) to Denon PMA-750 (80wpc). Sounded like a new pair of speakers. No mods up to now. Bass really opened up and much livelier. Previously I had been using...
  14. kdlsoft

Class action lawsuit against Kia and Hyundai

Of course, if you're going to use used parts, you either have to be prepared to do the work yourself or find a willing mechanic/shop. Most of the shops I've dealt with in the past have refused to used customer supplied parts... YMMV, etc...
  15. kdlsoft

Total Knee Replacement

"Do what you want to as long as you can, then come see me ". Separated ligament in knee from 50 years ago, so as soon as I recover from breaking my wrist and can use crutches, I'll be joining you. Grandmother had both knees replaced at 80 years old. She was walking for another 8 years or so...
  16. kdlsoft

Weird rubber stuffs in spade connectors

I've received several connectors with these inserts. Right or wrong, I understood them to just be there so the screws wouldn't go all the way IN through the threads and fall out. Just a humble opinion, though I do remember seeing a YouTube video on diy connectors and the demonstrator said to...
  17. kdlsoft

Mike Nesmith R.I.P.

Will miss him! Loved his solo career. Some real masterpieces! And, yes, "One Ton Tomato" was one of the best! :angel::banana::beerchug:
  18. kdlsoft

Six month waiting list for professional refurb

A shop here in Austin that I've used in the past is now up to a 5 month wait and does NOT want you to bring your item in until you get a message to bring it in when it's your turn...
  19. kdlsoft

Facebook is down! oh my!

Best thing that could have happened!
  20. kdlsoft

Grade ELP4 cartridge?

Don't trust google search! Trust AudioKarma search! :oops: Just found this... https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/new-grado-black2.794914/page-21#post-11219374 Please disregard!
  21. kdlsoft

Grade ELP4 cartridge?

22. kdlsoft

Grade ELP4 cartridge?

Edit - GRADO -damn autocorrect!! Doing some house cleaning. Trying to avoid being featured on Hoarders... Found a brown plastic GL box. Inside is what appears to be an unused cartridge as purchased. Blue cartridge with GRADO, stylus replacement tool, instruction sheet. Searched to find info...
  23. kdlsoft

Found T-Shirts That Fit !

I've been happy with the Dickies Performance t-shirts. Lightweight, soft, wicking, and longer tails. Also Dickies XL socks seem to fit my size 16's pretty comfortably. I get both from Wally-world... Good luck!
Back
Top Bottom