Search results

1. el34guy

Counterpoint SA-5.1 equalizer question

Despite having successfully hooked up my art 355 equalizer to a few pre-amps, I am having difficulties hooking it up to my Counterpoint 5.1. According to the counterpoint manual, it does say a signal processor can be hooked up to the pre-amp. But it also states that the two sets of tape outputs...
  2. el34guy

JBL 2404H-1 Diaphragm replacement

Hello, Bought a pair of 4612B JBL speakers and I think one of the 2404's needs a new diaphragm. If it turns out that is the case, can I use one of the generics for 30 bucks or does it have to be a genuine JBL? Huge price difference. Has anyone done one lately for the butt cheek tweeter? What...
  3. el34guy

Kenwood L-1000 components on 220?

I just recently bought a set of the L-1000 series components, amp, pre, and cd. They are setup for 220 voltage. Has anyone used these stateside with a step up transformer? Change to 120? What did you use and how did it work out for you? Look like nice components, anxious to give them a listen. Mark
  4. el34guy

Step Up transformer from 120 to 220 vac?

I'm not sure this is the right forum to ask this in but here goes. I bought some Kenwood components recently and they are 220 vac from Europe. It doesn't look like they can be easily modified for 120 vac US operation internally, so it looks like my best option is to use a step up transformer...
  5. el34guy

Cool AMX prototype

Too bad this didnt get built. A cool design even today. http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/1970-american-motors-amx-3-prototype-slideshow/1970-amc-amx-3-photo--800593793.html
  6. el34guy

Bozak 302A replacement tweeters

Hello, Has anyone dropped in 2 new 4 ohm or 1 new 8 ohm tweeter into a Bozak B-302A after doing the Tobin Modifications? If so what have you tried? Thanks Mark
  7. el34guy

TCI Capacitors?

Hello, Does anyone have any experience with these caps? I was looking at the 33000uf 100v 105c +- 20%. Seem decent, made in America. Anyone used these before? Thanks Mark
  8. el34guy

Altec 9440A replacement PWR Supply Cap question

Hello, I want to get replacement power supply caps for a few 9440a Altecs I'm working on. The capacitance in the existing amps is 9800uf x 2 or about 20000uf total between both caps. I can physically fit anywhere from 15000 - 35000uf per capacitor back into the same spaces. How much...
  9. el34guy

C35 preamp

Hello, Im pretty new to mcintosh stuff and was considering a C35. Is this a decent preamp? The 33 and 34v are too high and this seemed like a good alternative. Im using a 2100 for the amplifier. Want the good phone section too.
  10. el34guy

jico atn20ss stylus?

Is the jico atn20ss stylus the same as the audio technica stylus? Anyone ever tried one?
  11. el34guy

Counterpoint 5.1 phono issues

Hello, I have a Counterpoint 5.1 I want to put back into service. It last saw duty at line level only running my tuner, tape, and Cd's. It still works fine for doing that. However, I want to use it for my turntable now and Im getting quite a bit of noise when I put it into phono mode. Its not...
  12. el34guy

Whats the difference between a Hafler DH-220 and a Hafler SE-240??

Im looking at both of these, anyone know the differences? I know the 240 is newer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mark
  13. el34guy

Decent cartridge for a Thorens TD165

Hello, A buddy of mine wants to put a different cartridge on his Thorens TD165 and all I own are Duals. Any advice as to what sings on there? Its hooked up to a Sansui 9090 listening to jazz and rock. Thanks for any feedback..
  14. el34guy

Wood base question for a tube amp

Hello, I just purchased 2 hefty 40 watt baldwin mono-amps and want to build wood bases for them. Looking for ideas on what kind of bases to build. Does anyone have some examples of what you might have done in building a wood base for your tube project? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks...
  15. el34guy

Tinkerbelle again

Hello Everyone, A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of doing business with Christine on some Baldwin amps. We came to terms on the price and she set about sending them to me. First of all let me explain that Im a ham radio operator and have sent tons of heavy heavy gear through the mail. But...
  16. el34guy

Wanted: Pioneer HPM-1100 service manual

Hello, Does anyone have the manual for one of these? Im looking for the hookup wiring for all the speakers. I disassembled for repair and cant find my schematic. Thanks.... Mark
  17. el34guy

Dual Headshell question

Hello, I just acquired a Dual 1219 with a Shure M91e cartridge in it. Well, after inspecting the mounting and after attempting to put a new stylus in, Ive discovered that there is only 3 springlike clamps holding the cartridge in place. What parts am I missing here? The cartridge is not tight...
  18. el34guy

HPM1100 wiring question

Hello, This is really a bonehead issue but I rebuilt and stained a set of cabinets for the HPM1100's and I dont remember how the wires hookup to the speakers. Does anyone know where I can find the schematic for the wiring diagram for this? Thanks vey much.. Mark
  19. el34guy

Dual 1219 Pitch issue

Hello, I just purchased a Dual 1219 and am trying to get the motor speed set up properly. Im using single play only. I havent been able to get the 33 1/3 speed to stabilize. Using the pitch control, the lines will almost stop but it never really does. Im sitting below a fluro light, maybe I...
  20. el34guy

Sansui 8080 hum

Hello, I recently acquired a Sansui 8080 thats actually in pretty good shape. Its just the plain 8080 not the DB model. Im getting a slight hum when I turn it on in the speakers, similar to what you would experience or hear with a turntable ground undone. I changed out the power supply caps...
  21. el34guy

Infinity SM155 crossovers?

Hello, Has anyone rebuilt their crossovers in their SM155s? What caps did you use and what are the values? Any pics? Thanks alot!! Mark
  22. el34guy

Need a MA6100 Front Glass panel

Hello, Does anyone have one of these or know where I can find one? Mine has a few cracks. Thanks and Happy New Year Mark
Back
Top Bottom