Search results

1. T

Morentz Audio MZ-7

Hello All, Anyone know anything about Morentz Audio MZ-7? Thanks
  2. T

Pioneer SX-980 Removing Volume Control - Screw Type Help Requested

Next challege I'm requesting assistance with: 1. For lack of better terminology, there are very fine but noticible paint drops a little bigger than the size of a pin head that I noticed with my magnifying head set. re: the terminology ... the "chromish" area top and front. How do I remove these...
  3. T

jmm83 Thanks. 1.5 worked fine. grillebilly Thanks. I tried my best to avoid taking it off. I did spray before taking it off. I had to order a set of wrenchs via ebay.
  4. T

Vacuum Cleaner for Electronic Devices Cleaning

Hello, I have audio gear and computers that of course aren't immune to dust. Seeking suggestions for a vacuum that is right-sized with maybe attachments for hard to reach places. Prefer to be able to plug into wall, Rechargable battery OK also. I have to let Santa know. Thanks Nicholas
  5. T

Hello, Picked up 890 lawn sale for $15.00. Trying to remove the Volume know to deoxit it. Only the Tuner and Volume knobs have these screws. Tried Hex and flat screw driver. Checked the Service Manual for type and size of screw. No luck. Please advise how I can remove these 2 screws...
  6. T

2 Stereos - 4 Speakers - Switch

Hello All, I could not find an answer to this question so I'm posting. I have two - 2 channel systems. I want to find a switch that can select the stereo I want to use and play through the 4 speakers that I have. System 1 - Marantz 2270 System 2 - Yamaha RX ???? 70 watts (forgot...
  7. T

Black Friday Audio Related Deals-Group Project

OK, But I don't know how to delete this message.
  8. T

Black Friday /Cyber Monday

Did anyone run across any good deals yet and might benefit the many members? Myself, I'm looking for some intermediate tower speakers (8 ohm). Best Regards T2188na
  9. T

Black Friday Audio Related Deals-Group Project

AKer's if there is not a thread on who has seen Deals that the group may appreciate let's start one here. Get the Christmas gift you want. If there is a thread started let me know. Best Regards T2188na
  10. T

Owner Experiences? Carver M-1.0t M1.0t Power Amplifier Amp

Hello, -Looking for opinions from current and former owners. -How might it compare to the sound of my Marantz 2270? -Mate ok with my Sansui Tuner? -Mate ok with my Starter Paradigm Speaker? -Suited more to rock or acoustical? I encountered an offer to sell for $300 via a friend...
  11. T

Could Get Free-Junk or Worth it - Sansui TT and Receiver

BTW, I need advice on an indoor antenna for the Tuner. Friend of mine is leaving his "starter wife" and I'm going to let him borrow the tuner and my marantz 1030 as an amp. Requirements: -Will be used in a (dense – lots of buildings) downtown location in a condo – 6th floor. -Also need...
  12. T

The amp I was expecting (whatever it was - guy didn't remember) is a no-go. A buddy at work said his buddy had this amp for sale and I was wondering if it's worth picking up. I don't need to collect junk. Asking price $300. It's a Carver 1.0T here is a link to some reviews...
  13. T

West End, A freind of mine will be doing any repairs. If you can direct me to any info regarding the mod(s), that would be helpful. My buddy Don can work with with the tech. info. I would appreciate a schematic.
  14. T

Snagged! Oh, he said that he has the amp (at a diff. location) that he's going to give me this week. He said it's so powerful it blows windows out a 1/2 mile away.. he lives in the county. N
  15. T

Thanks everyone. I'll have no issue getting the equipment. Even after two years I'm still a newbie to audio. The advice I have received since I have been a member has been invaluable to me. Some of the members are still talking "outer space" talk to me. One day I'll get a killer system and...
  16. T

Hello All, I can get the following for free. Sitting in a garage for some time. Sansui TU-717 Sansui P-L51 See pics. Take it or skip it? I don't need more junk. Thanks NJA
  17. T

DacMagic/DAC Advice for My Setup

Thanks for the info. Being fairly new to audio, I'm not sure what you meant regarding modifed/upgraded power supply. You mean inside the the Roku and similar equipment you mentioned? Also, with respect to the Roku, etc. which one do you like and where would it reside? At the end by my...
  18. T

DacMagic/DAC Advice for My Setup

Hello All, (let me know if I posted in wrong forum, looked for DAC area) .Need your help and opinion. I’m really new to DAC’s and understand that it can be a quite complex topic .I apologize for the long post but felt to obtain an opinion the background info hopefully is helpful...
  19. T

Paradigm Esprit Opinions

Thanks everyone. The seller of these claimed that they were about 5 years old. Nice try. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/images/smilies/nono.gif Thanks for all of your help. I wrote Paradigm and what they wrote back. This is not the first time I wrote them about their product. Very...
  20. T

Windows Media Player Pulsating hum through Receiver, speakers...

Glad you found the problem! I don't understand how a pop-up could cause the issue. It is what it is though. -I have just about had it with my challenges. I actually went back to WMP and upgraded to v11. -I had a problem with low volume and I fixed it by chance and chance only...
  21. T

Paradigm Esprit Opinions

Thanks everyone for the information. It's confusing when some info seems to lead me to believe that these are older, about 1993 and then I run into the link below which leads me to think that these speakers are in fact 5-6 years old as the seller stated in the ad that I saw. I'd feel...
  22. T

Paradigm Esprit Opinions

Hello, Searching online I found a set of 5-6 year old Paradigm Esprit floor standing speakers with dual 8" woofers. Price $250 Anyone have any feedback or info on these? Can't find much info on these. Want to use with a Marantz 2270. Thanks, NJA
  23. T

Marantz 2270 HELP!!!

DZ and I drove to his place after work yesterday so that I could pick up my 2270. DZ put it through the tests for me. From regular listening mode to the extremes with his scope hooked into the speaker outputs. Sounded sweet. No buzz, crackle, static, just sweet sound. Of course the ultimate...
  24. T

Marantz 2270 HELP!!!

Hello All, This is Nick/t2188na. First of all thanks to all those who have responded. We would also like to hear from others who can potentially assist Don. Don and I work together. Don and I never quit. Ever. Thanks NJA
Back
Top Bottom