Search results

1. T

Morentz Audio MZ-7

Hello All, Anyone know anything about Morentz Audio MZ-7? Thanks
  2. T

Vacuum Cleaner for Electronic Devices Cleaning

Hello, I have audio gear and computers that of course aren't immune to dust. Seeking suggestions for a vacuum that is right-sized with maybe attachments for hard to reach places. Prefer to be able to plug into wall, Rechargable battery OK also. I have to let Santa know. Thanks Nicholas
  3. T

Pioneer SX-980 Removing Volume Control - Screw Type Help Requested

Hello, Picked up 890 lawn sale for $15.00. Trying to remove the Volume know to deoxit it. Only the Tuner and Volume knobs have these screws. Tried Hex and flat screw driver. Checked the Service Manual for type and size of screw. No luck. Please advise how I can remove these 2 screws...
  4. T

2 Stereos - 4 Speakers - Switch

Hello All, I could not find an answer to this question so I'm posting. I have two - 2 channel systems. I want to find a switch that can select the stereo I want to use and play through the 4 speakers that I have. System 1 - Marantz 2270 System 2 - Yamaha RX ???? 70 watts (forgot...
  5. T

Black Friday /Cyber Monday

Did anyone run across any good deals yet and might benefit the many members? Myself, I'm looking for some intermediate tower speakers (8 ohm). Best Regards T2188na
  6. T

Black Friday Audio Related Deals-Group Project

AKer's if there is not a thread on who has seen Deals that the group may appreciate let's start one here. Get the Christmas gift you want. If there is a thread started let me know. Best Regards T2188na
  7. T

Owner Experiences? Carver M-1.0t M1.0t Power Amplifier Amp

Hello, -Looking for opinions from current and former owners. -How might it compare to the sound of my Marantz 2270? -Mate ok with my Sansui Tuner? -Mate ok with my Starter Paradigm Speaker? -Suited more to rock or acoustical? I encountered an offer to sell for $300 via a friend...
  8. T

Could Get Free-Junk or Worth it - Sansui TT and Receiver

Hello All, I can get the following for free. Sitting in a garage for some time. Sansui TU-717 Sansui P-L51 See pics. Take it or skip it? I don't need more junk. Thanks NJA
  9. T

DacMagic/DAC Advice for My Setup

Hello All, (let me know if I posted in wrong forum, looked for DAC area) .Need your help and opinion. I’m really new to DAC’s and understand that it can be a quite complex topic .I apologize for the long post but felt to obtain an opinion the background info hopefully is helpful...
  10. T

Paradigm Esprit Opinions

Hello, Searching online I found a set of 5-6 year old Paradigm Esprit floor standing speakers with dual 8" woofers. Price $250 Anyone have any feedback or info on these? Can't find much info on these. Want to use with a Marantz 2270. Thanks, NJA
  11. T

Cable Q:PC Sound Card to Marantz 2270

Hello, I play music from my PC Sound card to my 2270. Looking for suggestions for well priced shielded cable: Male 3.5"" -> Female. From there I put on a Y w/RCA's. Running it 25-30' in basement room above removable ceiling panels. Lot of other wires under the tiles also. Concerned...
  12. T

Marantz 5100-Late 70's/Early 80's - Deal?

Hello, I have an opportunity to pickup a clean 5100 (late 70's Early 80's) model for $75.00 but I would have to act quickly. Tomorrow morning by 8:30 EST. I have no specs other than I believe it's 35WPC. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Opinions on the unit are also...
  13. T

Marantz 2270-Tune-up Advice

Hello All, A work friend is an EE and going to work on my 2270 until I get it professionally overhauled (money is tight here in Detroit). He has a 1030 and is familiar with Marantz. My issues have been posted before. Nothing has been done to this unit since I purchased it in 1976. It is a...
  14. T

Marantz 2270: Isolation step process-RT Channel

Hello, Looking for a basic step-by-step approach to isolate an issue with RT Channel. Getting some slight popping and generally unclean sound from RT Channel. Assistance appreciated. Thanks, NJA
  15. T

Switching Device Products (Newbie)

Hello, Looking for some advice, looking to purchase a switching unit to handle the equipment below. I have a Marantz 2270, Marantz 1030, Luxman RV-371, Toshiba DVD/CD player, cheap VCR w/DVD, Turntable (got to look for it), Toshiba CRT-TV (will upgrade to LCD/Plasma as funds permit)...
  16. T

Output Transistors - Assistance

Hello, I received a Luxman RV-371 and in the process of repair. My (nice) repair guy gave me the parts # I need for the repairs: Output Transistors. A1492 Quantity 3 Equivalent NTE2329 C3856 Quantity 3 Equivalent NTE2328 Questions: Provided I received the information...
  17. T

Luxman RV-371 Got Free - What's it Worth

Hello All, Got a Luxman RV-371 Free. Would like to get a $ value for it and the spec's if anyone can assist me. No remote. Thanks Nicholas
  18. T

New Member - Marantz 2270 Problem

Hello, I have a Marantz 2270 that I recently called back into use. I'm the original owner. I took my Marantz in to have the controls cleaned and the service person who I'm told actually knows how to work on vintage equipment responded to my concern that the right side top really heated up...
  19. T

New Member - Detroit Metro Area

Greetings All, I have a Marantz 2270 that I recently called back into use. I'm the original owner. I am just getting back into audio after many, many years. I have been playing music through my computer for the last couple of years when I happened to do a search on the Marantz 2270...
Back
Top Bottom