Search results

1. GreyOwl

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

A lurker in the background shadows!!
  2. GreyOwl

I need a power cord.

For several years I used a power cord on my Pioneer that I put female insulated spade terminals on one end. I have since changed the part on the deck with a common IEC connector. Weird thing was the IEC fit the opening like it was made for it.
  3. GreyOwl

New RCA jacks installed- now a (ground loop) hum?

By chance, have you tried reversing the power plug in the outlet?
  4. GreyOwl

Empire Cartridges Illustrated.......Yo Empire Pics

After looking at these pics again maybe I need to double check the wiring since they seem to be wired differently.
  5. GreyOwl

Empire Cartridges Illustrated.......Yo Empire Pics

These are two of my original Empire cartridges and needles. They date from the early 70’s as far as I remember.
  6. GreyOwl

My wife had a great idea.

I believe he mentioned that it is just for looks and not in use.
  7. GreyOwl

The dim bulb?

Pretty much self explanatory. Add a plug-in bulb socket and you are done. It all will fit in a 4"square box.
  8. GreyOwl

SX-750 Bulb Trouble

The case is the third lead/connection.
  9. GreyOwl

Pioneer se-305

I have a pair of SE 450's that I use occasionally and replaced the thin foam that covers the drivers with foam cut from a replacement room air conditioner air filter. The foam was black and was easily cut with a pair of scissors since it is only about 1/8" thick. It seems like it has just a bit...
  10. GreyOwl

do you plug your holes?!

In my opinion it it a solution to a non existent problem. No I don't use them.
  11. GreyOwl

When it comes to surge protectors...?

Do you have more info about the battery pack you use as well as info on battery life? I have a unit like it and it seems like the internal batteries go bad after a couple of years.
  12. GreyOwl

Dim Bulb TesterAdvice.

I wouldn't paint the box, it looks cool just the way it is!
  13. GreyOwl

Interesting cooling solution for stacking components.

It looks kike the fan pulls hot air out of the unit, not blowing into the unit.
  14. GreyOwl

how to isolate my turntable. (more)

Do you have access beneath this area of the floor? It might be as easy as adding some additional support to the floor.
  15. GreyOwl

Stain or not to stain?

Disassemble it and use it for a pattern with the wood of your choice.
  16. GreyOwl

Panasonic RA-6600, Need help adjusting tuning dial please?

And now that the rest of the story is added, the answers will change to be more helpful. If it was added at the beginning more relevant answers would have been given.
  17. GreyOwl

Pioneer SE-450

I've been using the same ones for several years and really like them.
  18. GreyOwl

Uh-oh..Needing an indoor FM antenna

Direct copy from that site:** Read the last line.** What Types of Antennas Are Covered Under the OTARD Rules? The following antennas or dishes are covered by these rules: A "dish" antenna one meter (39.37 inches) or less in diameter (or any size dish if located in Alaska), designed to...
  19. GreyOwl

How can I fix this?

That could be a couple of screws just waiting to roll into the perfect spot to short out everything. I wouldn't even plug it in without opening it and getting them out of there.
  20. GreyOwl

How to transfer 15 ips to 7 1/2

Thanks for all the ideas on this. For now it is just to see what is on the reels. I have 2 with unknown music content and 1 with what is labeled to be "Art Munson Showcase, duplicate". For now I think I will try the cassette option just to get an idea of what I have. I also have no idea...
  21. GreyOwl

Pioneer CT-F1050 update

I would assume that this deck. as with most, require you to press RECORD AND PLAY at the same time to engage the RECORD function.
  22. GreyOwl

How to transfer 15 ips to 7 1/2

I have collected several 10 1/2" reels of tape that were recorded @ 15 ips. I have a Pioneer 1020L that only has 7 1/2 and 3 3/4 speeds. My question, is there any way to re record them to a cassette deck or something so that I can eventually be able to listen to them? I don't have access to a...
  23. GreyOwl

SX 750 Power Switch

Will look to getting that relay or something very similar, especially after today. Didn't get anything done over the weekend but got into it this morning. Started with the two caps which went very smoothly. After every phase I plugged it in and used the headphones to be sure nothing bad...
  24. GreyOwl

SX 750 Power Switch

Great! Thanks for that link. My searches only brought up the posts with the square style switch, so never saw those. At least I have an idea of what I need to do before I get in to it now. Is there a possibility of a different value arc suppression cap that would work better to prevent...
  25. GreyOwl

SX 750 Power Switch

Going to be replacing a couple of filter caps in my SX 750 this weekend to get rid of the hum that has been there since I got it a couple of years ago. Was also going to tear into the power switch to clean it and get rid of the flickering and hesitation when turned on, but my switch seems...
Back
Top Bottom