Search results

1. B

AR3 grille warped

Thanks. After reading your post I think maybe the grilles are just installed upside down. I’ve had these speakers in my possession for 37 years. Got them from my father. It’s possible as young kids we destroyed the old grills and he got them replaced but I don’t think so. I rehabbed them and...
  2. B

AR3 grille warped

My AR3 grilles are warped enough that the support piece in the middle is contacting the woofer and causing sound distortion with heavy bass even at lower volume. I tried some different speakers and took off the grill and it took away the “distortion” vibration. Besides just using them...
  3. B

Fisher 500 Mono Bulbs & Knob

Hi, I"m working on restoring a The Fisher 500 mono tube receiver and there are a few bulbs in the front panel that look like fuses that are not working. Does anyone know where to find replacement bulbs? and It's also missing a knob, any leads? thanks!
  4. B

Fisher 500 mono no sound?

thanks!!!
  5. B

Thanks Dave for the detailed list. cool, so plug the dim bulb into the outlet and the amp into the dim bulb, if the bulb lights up it means______? Is there a list or order in which things need to be tested beyond this? or a list or tutorial somewhere? (shouldn't that exist here as a sticky?) thanks!
  6. B

Thank Dave! do you have a link to the HV Safety Procedures? or can you point me in the right direction? I'll post an underside shot later when I get home and a chance to take the cabinet apart. What other restoration work should be done? What is replaceable and what is not? I've looked around...
  7. B

I found a fisher 500 mono stereo receiver on the sidewalk a few years ago (yes!) I didn't really know what I found until I plugged it in and connected my speakers. My boston's never sounded so good. I got an initial cloud of burnt dust and then everything was great. After about 20 - 30 hours of...
  8. IMG_8917

IMG_8917

9. IMG_8916

IMG_8916

10. IMG_8918

IMG_8918

11. IMG_8915

IMG_8915

12. B

Best glue to attach AR3 Speaker Grills?

Thanks y'all!! Velcro it will be.
  13. B

Best glue to attach AR3 Speaker Grills?

I just finished cleaning the pots on my pair of AR 3 speakers and want to attach the grills. The grills are intact but a bit warped, but not so crazy warped that some good glue woundnt hold. I just don't know what's the best option that will hold well but not destroy the grills if I need to...
  14. B

Best budget direct drive turntable?

wow, thanks for all the turntable knowledge. searched CL and there is a Pioneer PL 560 for sale locally for $25. What is the consensus on this table? aaron
  15. B

guess, I've always heard dd is better. I have a technics sl-b303, it was given to me and I was told it does not play correctly. I'm under the impression that this is not such a good player and I do not want to spend time on it if it's not worth the effort. Well is it? otherwise I'll keep my...
  16. B

Cool, thanks for the tips. Any other brands/models to look out for? like technics sl1300 or sl1400? or marantz? stanton? etc. thanks aaron
  17. B

new guy here, I'm looking for a direct drive turntable with decent sound and reputation, but one that will not break the bank. I would like to keep it under $100 including shipping. I've been looking at a few on ebay, but there are so many I need to narrow the field. Vintage is nice, but look...
  18. B

fisher 500 no sound

thanks for the compliments. Most of the stuff I find on the sidewalk here is 30 year old junk, unlike when I lived in San Francisco. People there do not have room to store anything for this long.
  19. B

fisher 500 no sound

Great, thanks for the replies. I'll check into those guys. If anyone in NC reads this and can help, send me a message. thanks aaron
  20. B

tube reciever repair?

I have a fisher ta-500 or is it 500-ta? I found it on the sidewalk about 8 months ago, dusted it off and it ran like a champ. Amazing sounds were coming from my boston hd 8's that I had never heard before. I am now a tube convert. I hooked up an old computer heat sink on the back to keep it...
  21. B

fisher 500 no sound

Cool, thanks for the info. doesn't sound like I should be the one messing with it. Any recommendations for someone or a company where I can send it for a quality restoration? I live in greensboro, nc if that makes a difference. thanks aaron
  22. B

fisher 500 no sound

so, I have a voltimeter I use for working on vintage scooter electrics, so im familiar with chasing electrical faults, but no, I'm not sure how to ground myself so 400 volts don't use me as as the least resistive path. How do I discharge the capacitor plates ect? Do you guys have any leads...
  23. B

fisher 500 no sound

I'm still getting power, and the 4 fuses all light up. what else do you need to know? How do I test or check the tubes/transformer, etc? thanks aaron
  24. B

fisher 500 no sound

Hey, newbie here. I tried a search already. I found a the fisher 500 on the sidewalk about a year ago. It has put out great sound since I dusted it off and connected some speakers to it. It ran hot, and I put a heat sink fan on the back, and it has run cool for the last 8 months...
Back
Top Bottom