Search results

1. tubeboob

Checkout Lady Gaga's Turntable - Wow!

Poseur?? Hmmmmmmm . . . . .
  2. tubeboob

Picked up a nice system AR7, HK 630, Apan

Where's the turntable? That HK unit is pretty sweeeett!! :yes::yes: Enjoy . . .
  3. tubeboob

Yesterday's Score...

Nice score. And those vintage Yamaha pieces sound pretty darn good. :yes::yes: Love the flexibility of the phono inputs. Enjoj.
  4. tubeboob

MindBlower speakers

1972 Capri with AM/FM Cassette deck (can't remember make), equalizer/booster and Jensen Triax . . . I was in heaven. Do remember it all sounding great back then. Later on graduated to Sony XR-7130, Radio Shack amp and Infinity Kappa 693s, sounded beyond good. Looking for 2 pair of Polk...
  5. tubeboob

Tag sale stop becomes audio FREAKIN HEAVEN!! A few Pics.

I want in . . . . c'mon man . . . lemmie in . . . Looks like a gold mine, you must be stoked. Cheers
  6. tubeboob

Infinite Slope One

Just got a pair of Infinite Slope Ones, look interesting, but little on them on the net. Angled back similar to vintage Thiels. 3 speaker array, on wheels no less. In storage now, as I have NOOOOOO space in my small apartment. Will try them out later on. Anyone have experience...
  7. tubeboob

Marantz Score!

Never heard of them either, so you can fill us in with a review. Looking forward to it. Cheers
  8. tubeboob

90s cars that may become future classics?

So far . . . RX-7 Supra Turbo More to come later . . .
  9. tubeboob

Favorite female vocalists.

To name a few . . . Chrissie Hynde Ella Fitzgerald Linda Ronstadt Lata Mangeshkar Stevie Nicks There'll be more later . . .
  10. tubeboob

Spendor SP-1

SP-1s I'm glad to hear that these speakers are well received by Camaroguy, as I was wondering what I would use with my vintage tube amp and preamp which I hope to get beck from the tech within the next two months. My SP-1s look OK, but could use a re-veneering, as some of the corners are not...
  11. tubeboob

Hitachi HT-550 Resent acquisition

That is a most beautiful TT to behold!! I love the looks of that TT, simply timeless restrained wood and metal design. Cheers
  12. tubeboob

JVC QL-Y55F and LP Gear

Scroe Bro That Y55F is one helluva TT, sounds good even with LOMC. And it's a looker . . . :yes::yes: Nice . . .
  13. tubeboob

Micro-Acoustics - FRM-1ax?

I have had a pair of FRM-3AX since about 1980, and I can tell you that their performance is superb. Before I purchased, I auditioned them against pretty much every other speaker in the store and no matter what the price I always came back to the Micro Acoustics. That says a lot...
  14. tubeboob

Post a picture of your CD Player . . .

Sharp DX-3 Here's my Sharp DX-3 vertical loading player: A cosmetically mint piece of audio history of a little known CD player.
  15. tubeboob

JVC QL-Y66F Turntable

You have a really nice turntable there, beautiful to behold and beautiful to listen to. Capable and reliable. I have two working Y66Fs and one for parts (though I am not sure what parts I would be able to cannibalize as it is moisture damaged, though I did get an extra straight tone arm...
  16. tubeboob

Why do you like manual over auto turntable?

I am lazy, so I automatically lean towards the automatic TT. The theory is that with less happening between the groove and the output translates to better sound . . . that is the theory . . . My experience, and others may differ, is that the theory is just that, a theory. I use a JVC...
  17. tubeboob

yamaha ca 410 II...nice

I had the opportunity to get a working CA410II for very little $$, but I turned it down as I have no space. Perhaps now I will try to get it next weekend . . . What do you think?? Cheers
  18. tubeboob

Marantz 8: How do you switch yours on and off??

Thanks all . . . Cheers
  19. tubeboob

Wouldn't it draw too much power from the preamp.
  20. tubeboob

Playing around with my recently acquired Marantz 7 and 8, only to find out there is no on/off switch for the 8. How do you switch yours on and off? Inquiring minds would like to know . . .
  21. tubeboob

Interest in a Southeast Va/Northeast NC AK Get Together??

Used to live in SE virginia years ago.:yes::yes::yes: Where are you?
  22. tubeboob

50+ year old respects hi-fi....

Welcome Welcome to AK. You'll find a bunch of like minded people of all ages and walks of life. Have loads of fun . . . :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
  23. tubeboob

Zenith MC-7030 Receiver info?

I have the MC-7051 and it is a beautiful to look at and to listen to piece. 40 wpc 20-20,000. Very warm sounding ss receiver. Made by Samsung of Korea. Mine is from christmas of 1979, bought new (kinda, store display) and it works perfectly up to today. A well built unit. Cheers
  24. tubeboob

Refreshing Sherwood AM-7040

Sherwood AM-7040 The specs on the 7040 are superb, a frequency range that is way outside human capabilities. But the true test of the 7040 is how it sounds. Paired with the AP-7020, which is the matching preamp, it is superb. I have also tried it with the preamp section of my Hitachi IA600...
  25. tubeboob

2325...new to me, looks like crap...still wanted it...

Forgot to mention, it did not come with the case, simply exposed electronics. But I can look into that later, if the tranny is still good. Cheers
Back
Top Bottom