Search results

1. jgmacv

The Complete Communicator Series

Some of my Communication Series gear. A-9, SR-9, RG-9 and SG-9. Running them while I clean silver counterparts.
  2. jgmacv

SX-D5000 - DC balance & Idle Current

I adjusted the dc balance and idle current on my SX-D5000 at 120mV and 150mV, per the service manual. Another post raised questions about these values being correct. My other NSA units (SX-D7000 and SA-8800) have the same measurements at 56mV and 70mV. Could the SX-D5000 service manual be in error?
  3. jgmacv

Pioneer A-9 Biasing instructions wrong?

I've got three of them, the first I adjusted at the 120mV & 150mV. I guess i'll run it at those settings, and see how it does. I won't mess with the others until after that. I'll keep you posted.
  4. jgmacv

Sx-d7000

10 years later, the promised update. Cleaned up SX-D7000 #2. This one doesn't get much action, but still rocks. This one was manufactured in 1980.
  5. jgmacv

Yes, I let it warm up, then made sure it remained stable before disconnecting DMM. Also, I tried finding a thread about the SX-D5000 adjustments, couldn't find anything. I set mine at the 120Mv and 150Mv. Is this correct?
  6. jgmacv

Wow, what a coincidence, I made the service manual adjustments to my A-9 Tuesday, no issues, all good. Last night I did the same with my SX-D5000, and adjusted at the 120Mv and 150Mv as per the service manual. What are the correct settings (i'm thinking same as the SX-D7000, 56Mv and...
  7. jgmacv

Pioneer P-DX700

Just recently got this, never seen one before, had to have it. I didn't realize it was smaller in width than my others until it arrived. It's birth year is 1984. Anyone else seen or had one?
  8. jgmacv

SX-D5000s

I've only got 2 7000s.
  9. jgmacv

SX-D5000s

I don't know why I have 3 of these. It's a sickness.
  10. jgmacv

What got you into Klipsch?

I was stationed in Berlin while in the Air Force. A friend of mine was getting ready to rotate back and had a pair of Heresys he wanted to sell. I listened to them and was hooked. That was in 1980 and i'm still hooked!
  11. jgmacv

PIONEER SA8800 no sound output after i switched it with sound up

Are you hearing the protection relay click after you power it up?
  12. jgmacv

Your favorite sounding mid watt Receiver?

I've owned a couple of SX-3700s that I really enjoyed. Great sound and the Fluroscan meters I love. Very nice looking and sounding receiver (45 wpc).
  13. jgmacv

JVC M-7050 Amp & P-L10 Pre Amp! Some Pics.

Wow! That is outstanding! I want one now to go along with my AX-9.
  14. jgmacv

Fluoroscans - do they ever burn out?

All my fluroscan units still display perfectly. Also note that my SX-D7000 and SX-3900 have a dim switch for the display.
  15. jgmacv

JVC M-7050 Amp & P-L10 Pre Amp! Some Pics.

I've owned my A-X9 since 2008. It is a wonder piece of audio equipment. I've had no issues thus far (I do rotate amps/receivers frequently), it functions and performs flawlessly. I also love the way it looks.
  16. jgmacv

SX-D7000 and SX-3900

I've also have the SX-D5000s (2). Would love to get ahold of a 9800--on my wish list!
  17. jgmacv

SX-1250 left channel failing

I just noticed the OP only lives 20 miles up Hwy 41 from me.
  18. jgmacv

Pioneer P-D70 ( Another chance for completion)

Thanks for the update kydog. If you decide you want to let one the nonfunctional P-D70s go, please let me know!
  19. jgmacv

Is there a vintage Pioneer CD player that matches Silver face gear?

Reviving old thread, but I love the way your Samsung matches up perfectly with the SA-8800! I do own a P-D70, but it's a little touchy at times.
  20. jgmacv

SX-D7000 and SX-3900

Hello all. I've had the good fortune of owning both of these receivers for the past decade. They both still operate flawlessly, and just have that look that I love. I guess i'm curious about how fellow members that own these feel, and which one they prefer. I'm pretty sure the SX-D7000 was a...
  21. jgmacv

SX-1010 Unusual loss of volume when switching from Phono to FM

I'm a novice also, but as paultlaw said, I'd check the selector switch. Deoxit and work it, see if that helps.
  22. jgmacv

Sherwood S-7910 Receiver

Along with it's looks and awesome sound, the build quality is outstanding. I think I'll be looking for more Shers!
  23. jgmacv

Pioneer P-D70 ( Another chance for completion)

Hey Kydog. Sorry it took me so long to see this. Wonderful looking P-D70! I've still got mine, and it still works pretty well. I saw a few pics of work "Sawdust" did on an SA-9800 case. Beautiful! I have a SA-8800 I purchased without a case 10 years ago. I may have to have him make one...
  24. jgmacv

Sherwood S-7910 Receiver

Thank you all for the great information and taking time to share. I have it in my rotation and I am so impressed with it;s performance.
  25. jgmacv

Sherwood S-7910 Receiver

Hello all. I inherited a Sherwood S-7910 some years ago from a friend. I'm a Pioneer fanatic, so I really never paid too much attention to. I pulled it out of the garage, cleaned it up and fired it up. It's a terrific sounding receiver! It is in fantastic cosmetic shape. All functions work...
Back
Top Bottom