Search results

1. AnalogDigit

Investing in Vintage Stereo - Is This Stupid?

I bought my vintage equipment because the pieces that I bought I could not afford it when it was new, I purchase it when it was very cheap before the peak of eBay pricing. I like the sound and the looks of the pieces that I bought. Not for the investment. But I think we reached the top tier of...
  2. AnalogDigit

People are buying cassette tapes!

Back in the day I used to love making mix tapes from 45's I used to buy from Aardvark Music. They put out oldies reissues from the 50's through the 70's. A lot of the 45's are long gone, but the tapes remain and they still play quite well. I mostly used Maxell UD XL I and II tapes. I only have a...
  3. AnalogDigit

Anyone else not a fan of the Minimus 7's?

There an okay speaker for what they are. They were nice in my truck when I had a car stereo a while back which sounded good. I replaced a pair in my living room system with a pair of Realistic MC 500 speakers. They sounded better in the bass department. I still use a pair for testing amplifiers...
  4. AnalogDigit

And I thought I'd seen audio hoarding before

Maybe it's a good thing you got out of the deal. It looks like it's more pain than it's worth. Even if get is sitting for a long period of time, it probaly would need some work. Flipping pieces can be so time confusing. They would probally sell the pieces for high prices on eBay with the wording...
  5. AnalogDigit

Are you particular about recording quality.....

I like concert videos as long as their professionally done. The ones that are amatur with a smartphone or a video camera are really hard to watch. I really like the You Tube videos of the Midnight Special. I do have a bootleg of an Eagles concert during the early 70's that is quite good.
  6. AnalogDigit

“As far as I know it all works”...

I like it when they write It worked when I put it in storage 20 years ago! Lol.
  7. AnalogDigit

What's the worst sounding HiFi setup attempt you ever heard?

Not Hi-fi by any means, but I was at a thrift store and I purchased one of those Crosley suitcase turntables for $5 bucks so see how bad they are. It did not have a power supply, but I found an old computer one that worked fine. So I took it home and put on one of my 45's. The sound coming...
  8. AnalogDigit

Oak Tree Vintage

They seem like a good site. Only their prices are too rich for my blood and what they sell is limited. I'm sure it is due to the work that is involved in restoring vintage pieces.
  9. AnalogDigit

Hello back!

Hello, I'm an old member and decided to come back to AK. I was busy with a new job, Finance and I was on the Facebook vintage site and getting bashed and sometimes IM's on my comments. Rather rude over there. Anyways good to be back here and kind of wondering what the hell I was thinking? Sorry...
  10. AnalogDigit

Realistic STA-2200 score!

Here is mine. The Realistic STA 2100, the smaller STA 2000 and my first 'true' receiver, the STA 52B.
  11. AnalogDigit

The worst song ever recorded?

I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston. Compared to the beautiful singing by Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt, why is she yelling the song? Anything by Michael Bolton, enough said.
  12. AnalogDigit

Has Plan 9 From Outer Space lost it's place as the worst movie ever made?

I liked Plan 9. But has anyone tried watching the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special all the way through?
  13. AnalogDigit

Inside the cockpit of the SR-71

Thanks for posting.
  14. AnalogDigit

The Audiokarma Member of the Year for 2013

Congratulations!
  15. AnalogDigit

Happy birthday to Vinyldavid !

Happy Birthday!
  16. AnalogDigit

Is there any music you never tire of?

I grew tired of classic rock, but since I don't listen to those stations, I been coming back to it.
  17. AnalogDigit

Some good news and some bad news... but overall good

Glad things are going well for you. I was working as a contractor on a 2 year basis for four years. Been laid off some stretches, been rough. Sold a lot of stuff on eBay to keep ahead. Found a job that is permanent and pays more money. It is best when things look their darkest that there is...
  18. AnalogDigit

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I disappeared for a while because I got a new job working days and now I don't have time to be online as much.
  19. AnalogDigit

Are Pioneer HPM-100 speakers concidered high end?

More mainstream. Not high end. When I think of high end it is very high priced, hand made, limited supply equipment that is too expensive for any common folk to own. If that equipment is better than mainstream, that is another topic I would not get into. :D
  20. AnalogDigit

Best Zeppelin Tune

The Rover, Whole Lotta Love, Kashmir.
  21. AnalogDigit

Realistic 2100D

The Realistic STA 2100 is one of my favorite receivers. For the arching power switch, I found a replacement on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Concept-16-5-Realistic-STA-2300-Marantz-Sanyo-power-switch-New-Old-Stock-/380763333347?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item58a74362e3 After replacing, no...
  22. AnalogDigit

One less Radio Shack

I visited a Radio Shack near my house and to my surprise they had some soldering tools and a soldier sucker. They seem to have more parts and they brought back electronic kits. I still miss the old Radio Shack with the catalogs, the battery of the month card, the flyers you get in the mail.
  23. AnalogDigit

Best Songs Re: Vietnam War

We got to get out of this place The Animals.
  24. AnalogDigit

Hello from Illinois.

Welcome! Lot of people from Illinois on this site.
Back
Top Bottom