Search results

1. A

Klipsch Cornwall v JBL 4311

I currently own JBL 4311B's and i am considering looking for a pair of cornwalls. I searched here and tried to google a answer to come up iwth many different info and answers. I'd like to ask those of you who have owned both for your opinions. I have the 4311's and im happy with them at the...
  2. A

Marantz Pricing

whats your budget? the other guys are right about the more budget friendly marantz receivers. you can always get a amp down the road when funds are available and you can still have a great receiver thats cheaper to fix, less heat, and looks more simplier/refined. auction sites usually do carry...
  3. A

How to remove a vacuum tube from its socket?

doesnt youtube have a little "how to" to remove and replace a tube device like a amp? thats a good place to check
  4. A

Need service info for my TT

I have a Thorens TD 125 MKii turntable that i just scored from a local audiophile. The problem is, he sold it to me as a non working unit. This thing doesnt power on so i dont even know if theres any other issues. Can any of you guys recommend a good place that i can send my turntable to...
  5. A

How are rising fuel prices affecting you?

Although i pay an average of 500-600 a month for gas...thats on a car that gets "good" gas miles of about 28-29 on my digital meter
  6. A

How are rising fuel prices affecting you?

i pay close to 60 bucks to fill up my tank and it cost me an average of 500-600 a month at the moment. Is it hurting me....oh...yea.......might be time for a hybrid.....i pay more for gas a month then some people pay for rent
  7. A

JBL 4311 and 4312

all i know is....the 4312 is suppose to be a "upgrade" to the 4311. but alot of new products these days found in cheap stores like best buys is a "upgrade from the past." so i rather not go by what reviewers have to say since lots of them are paid to write that
  8. A

Referance CD's

Where an i find good referance CD's? im completly new to this and i've heard a lot of different cd's from some shops but all the titles and tracks is all new to me. its not as easy to find as buying a michael jackson cd. can you guys point me to the right direction? what catagory? artist...
  9. A

JBL 4311 and 4312

I know the basic cosmetic differances between the 4312 and 4311 but overall. Which is a "better?" I know the 4312 is mirrored but why isn't it as popular as the 4311. Anyone who heard both, please post your responses. i've done a search on this topic and can't find anything too detailed. thanks
  10. A

Best Project Cars

what type of car are you looking for? muscel? hot rod? regular car? sleeper? chick magnet? if your just looking for something cheap, wide selection of parts, fast, and sleeper, i would personaly recommend a 89 colt/mirage. i had one a while back. it was a lot of fun. other good cars and...
  11. A

Need a little help with the OHMs law

This question is meant for car audio sub/amp setups. The amp i plan on geting is two channel/stereo but i want to bridge it to run mono load on three subwoofers that are DVC. i would like to be able to wire the three subs to run 4 ohms. how can i wire this up to become 4 ohms? the sub that i...
  12. A

New Grado Sr325i's In The House.

i have a 328i, does that count? haha
  13. A

Are all Tube lovers rich and/or old?

No, i love tubes and im 22
  14. A

What's The Deal With Car Audio?

what bothers me is that some people use cheap home audio stuff in a car. like big bookshelve speakers in the trunk. hahah
  15. A

true statement. But think of it the other way around. Why do altec speakers have such weird looking horns? why do tubes equipment look odd compaired to to solid state. the chrome and plexiglass is just for style. the idea of the square driver was just used by kicker to imply that ther is no...
  16. A

I better put my flame suit on...I am started to get more "serious/curious" about audio equipment when i was in car audio. That was my gateway drug that led me to this great hobby. As far as the SQ you guys are talking about...There are many competition in the mobile sound industries that makes...
  17. A

Speaker wire or trash?

It looks like a grounding - cord for a car battery or car audio system. I don't think that would be good for a speaker cable. Get yourself a decent speaker cable and be done with it. I used to use spare cables i had around for speaker cables and thought it was fine. That was...untill i...
  18. A

How are Butler Audio amps?

i know of the site, in fact, i bought my amp directly from them. its pretty expensive, but it was worth the cost. i was mainly looking for other peoples opinions rather then reading articles that people are paid to do. i know i can trust this site better then most other places. as far as...
  19. A

How are Butler Audio amps?

i currently use a butler TDB2150 amp in my car and its a hybrid ss/tube design. sounds pretty good but im trying to find more info on this company. i tried to search for the current home amps but i cant find anything on this site. can anyone input your opinions on the home amps?
  20. A

Dead speakers?

I recently bought a pair of ADS speakers and tried to power it up with one of my receivers but only the midrange speaker is playing and nothing else. the speakers look like they are in great shape(except the cabinet). What can be done about this issue? both the speakers only play the...
  21. A

Anyone enjoy fishing?

is bass fishing hard? although i dont knwo anything about it. it does sound technical when people talk about it
  22. A

Anyone enjoy fishing?

what kind of gear you guys liek using? how about bait? i used to have a small gloomis setup with a small shimano spinner but now i use a pelegic loomis rod with a shimano torium conventional reel. i almost wish i never sold my old setup.
  23. A

Anyone enjoy fishing?

Sounds like most of you guys like freshwater fishing. I've only had a chance to try it once. Sadly my group of 4 people didnt get anything for hours so we left
  24. A

Anyone enjoy fishing?

Who here likes going fishing? please share your experiances, advice, equipment, or anything else that is related. Although its still winter, im thinking about buying another setup to go pier fishing. Most of us can't get anything good at the pier, but if you have had good luck, rant away.
  25. A

McIntosh

I am a entry writing agent working for a global logistics company....long story short, i help people import things into the us through a shipping company
Back
Top Bottom