Search results

1. electroking

Today's classical playlist

Beethoven - Symphony No. 7 LSO - Dorati (1963) Mercury Living Presence CD (big box number 2 just unsealed a few days ago)
  2. electroking

Schubert, symphony no. 5., Berlin Philharmonic conducted by Lorin Maazel, 1961 recording (DG). RIP maestro, you did a lot to introduce me to classical music.
  3. electroking

Beethoven, symphonies 1-3 From the complete symphonies conducted by Daniel Barenboim, Berliner Staatskapelle (Teldec)
  4. electroking

Might Try A New Used Amplifier...Always Been Intruiged By These

A battery does generate noise: imagine all those little ions popping as they get neutralized...
  5. electroking

Who's playing/conducting? We have to know!
  6. electroking

GM Shuttering Australian Manufacturing by End of 2017

Canada has a long history of local models, possibly continuing to this day, though I am not sure of that. The Acura 1.6 EL and 1.7 EL are fairly recent examples.
  7. electroking

A great man has died...

RIP, and may your sincere sense of peace and forgiveness be an example for future generations.
  8. electroking

So how many CDs do currently own?

2730 titles, mostly classical music. Collecting since early 1990.
  9. electroking

Inductor hook up question???

Just make sure the two wires don't touch each other, it might yield very low inductance.
  10. electroking

1977 Coupe deVille, 18,000 mi - All Sorted Out, Done & Detailed

Great historical picture! And a fine restoration, congratulations!
  11. electroking

Funny restrictions on Ebay

I hadn't noticed that at least one Canadian user was able to read it. But the link moinau is giving is also leading me to the crummy message. Good night.
  12. electroking

Thanks to all for the comments. I have tried again from ebay.com (which I am always using), ebay.ca and ebay.fr, and I keep getting the same funny message (in French in the latter case). It must depend on the fact that I am in Canada. Not that I happen to be interested in this particular...
  13. electroking

Moderator: please feel free to move to another forum if appropriate. Has anyone experienced this? You see an interesting item proposed on your Ebay homepage, you click to get more info, and you read this: Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal...
  14. electroking

Console ID?

Possibly custom made, IMHO.
  15. electroking

14 Year Old High School Student Kills Teacher

Three dead links, what's up? This one seems to work for now: http://www.metro.us/boston/news/2013/10/23/danvers-public-schools-closed-due-to-murder-investigation/
  16. electroking

Anybody ever hear of this?

The only tubes that must not be tested for shorts are the "low plate potential tubes" used in car radios, because they cannot stand more than 30 volts or so between the grids and cathode. Maybe the guru read something about that and concluded that was applicable to the 6L6, but that doesn't...
  17. electroking

Tom Clancy

His description of the electromagnetic effects of a fizzled atomic bomb in 'The sum of all fears' is forever in my memory. Great, accurate research. RIP.
  18. electroking

Voltage Stabilizers make amplifiers run better?

When you say your amplifier is producing less heat, how do you know? I mean did you do controlled temperature measurements under similar conditions (same operating time, etc.)? I'm not doubting your qualitative observation, but it should be confirmed. It is likely that the average AC voltage...
  19. electroking

Anyone know what gives?

What a strange thread, wish the original poster had a real problem to discuss... If so, just get back, nobody will bite you!
  20. electroking

Musician sick of listening to digital music

Welcome and good luck, but be sure not to confuse 'music digitally stored' and 'music reproduced using inadequate equipment'.
  21. electroking

Music to heal a recent widow ?

A few weeks after my father died in 2000, my mother (who was no big fan of classical music) heard Brahms' German Requiem on the radio, and said it had helped her cope with her feeling of loneliness.
  22. electroking

Wire affecting frequency response?

Did you connect the shield to something? Sorry, of course you replaced twisted pair with shielded wire.
  23. electroking

Sometimes, the rich and famous do their kids no favor by spoiling them

That's in the same spirit as the idiotic crap you read on sites like cluesforum.info: all science is just brainwashing, etc.
  24. electroking

Hi from France

Bienvenue sur AK!
  25. electroking

I never realized BBC Legends would release such early recordings. Not that I have any objections to listening to great historical recordings, as this must be for sure. Regards.
Back
Top Bottom