Search results

1. Macdaddy

Speaker and Amp switcher

Hi Everyone! So I have this idea and want to see if this is what I need for my collection of gear. For the old timers you will remember when you went into a stereo store they had a switcher where you could go try out different amps/receivers and speaker combinations. Is this Switchcraft 640...
  2. Macdaddy

Finally scored a 7300

Hi all, I consider this my first real score in searching thrifts,garage sales etc.. Found at flea market today when I was back home in PA. Guy wanted $50 but I said $25 cause power switch broken off and case beat. He said it did work and took it over to plug in and i did see meter bump when...
  3. Macdaddy

Advent Legacy II water damage repair

Ok I have read other threads on water damage here and most say no. However I have an idea, figure it can't hurt to try. This speaker was damaged when Hurricane sandy moved into ohio and we lost power to sump pump and had about 7 inches of water in basement. So this sat in water for about 10...
  4. Macdaddy

New JVC member to the family

JVC R-S33. I always liked the look of these back in the day I remember the sound as pretty good in stores. Well I just scored one for fairly cheap on Ebay. It's a nice clean unit. Pots needs some deoxit and hopefully it will smooth out the semi stiff volume slider and slightly crunchy Eq.. And I...
  5. Macdaddy

Been doing some shopping

Hi everyone it has been awhile since I have visited been busy working. here are 2 recent scores from E-Slay. Well I am little leary about the 8800 but the email response from seller before I bid said the meters work. I am pretty sure from the crappy pictures that the speaker switch is not...
  6. Macdaddy

Quantegy closes doors!

Hey everyone, been awhile since I have been here so Happy New year to all. This story was passed along to me from one of our engineers through another engineer in the company. sad day for reels and the employees. Tamiko Lowery Staff Writer Sunday, January 2, 2005 When they clocked...
  7. Macdaddy

Army surplus score

Some of you know I was looking for parts for a recently aquired near mint Yamaha C300. last week just scanned the bay and saw this beat up unit from someone who purchases Govt surplus. Army tank I thought for 20 why not, I am more interested in guts anyway. Well got today and it plays fine so...
  8. Macdaddy

Should We Repost?

Wow Love the new server, nice to see the pics again. Love the new look as well. Should we repost messages that did not get copied over when you did the database backup since last week?
  9. Macdaddy

for CA AKr's!! Hurry!!

OMG check this out a lot which starts at $249 and no bids right now with 36 minutes left. the booty!
  10. Macdaddy

Yamaha C300 Parts source?

Grrr this unit I just got from E-bay worked good for 4 hours yesterday and the Idler rubber let go. It has a crack in it as well as a small fracture in cam from what I can see. Started hearing a chunk chunk sound and watched the take up spindle getting slightly stuck and led me to check out...
  11. Macdaddy

Got My Yamaha C300!

I saw this baby go up on E-pay last week and really debated like I need to charge something else! And I had a feeling someone would try to snipe at last minute, man was I right. I got my bid in with just 1 second to spare and beat him by .49! It was about $20 more than I wanted to spend but...
  12. Macdaddy

Mama said don't split up those JBL's

I saw this auction last week right after it started and emailed the seller asking why would you split up a pair of nice speakers like this? speaker 1 Speaker 2 I even told her as a pair they would get more money, I just hate to see a family split into orphans. Her reply was she wasn't sure...
  13. Macdaddy

If you need new RtR tape

Hi All, I just had to place an order from a local company and thought if you need tape at a reasonable price you might want to check out. Family owned and real nice people. I have been ordering from them for last 12 years and will vouch for them. For Reel Tape Kam another lead, you...
  14. Macdaddy

Worlds Most Overpriced TT!

Ok Ya'll, have to check this one out. Here At over 5k now! We had two of these at the radio station in 80's and each one went down. From what I have read they seem to have problems with external PS. Perhaps a VR? And everyone thought that Pioneer that went for over $1500 was a lot!
  15. Macdaddy

Stay away from those Caps!

Hmm maybe this was brought up before I joined. Right now I'm watching the show "Big" ...... What if they built a giant classic stereo receiver? :huge: :yikes:
  16. Macdaddy

Yamaha manuals online

Hi All, Was doing a search tonight and found this. Unfortunately didn't have what I was looking for but saw they do have some of the vintage receivers posted and other yammie gear. Enjoy Bill http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.html
  17. Macdaddy

Scott R77S

Hey all, anyone have any info on this unit? I rescued from junk pile years ago. I've searched web for info but no luck. Our engineer said it had a problem and it does. Unit is very clean and sounds good although the sound is a bit colored, a little warm I would say. It has 2 problems...
  18. Macdaddy

Thrift store Karma?

Hi Everyone, Wow in two day since joining I have learned a lot and had a few laughs. My paypal donation will be coming after payday! I'm wondering are there particular days where you find these great pieces of gear? I'm thinking that people have free time on weekends so more likely would...
  19. Macdaddy

Mp3's on FM

Ok this one is for those of you who still listen to music on FM with some regularity, and have pretty good ears and a decent system. Most of the major radio group owners are on computer systems which rips all the music into mp2. Our system uses a 256 rate which should be good. however I hear...
  20. Macdaddy

Pioneer parts source

Hello fellow Pioneer fanatics, you probably already know this but if not..... I found this site. http://www.partsolver.com/ Someone was looking for the button for their sx-3800 and of course I like a good challenge. bad news is i could not find anything close even doing cross referencing...
Back
Top Bottom