Search results

1. opt80

Jemmy Audio DADmini ES9028PRO

I picked up a Harmon Kardon HD710 CDP for scratch on EBay,hooked it up to the above dac and viola(LOL) the two are in love,great synergy
  2. opt80

Record Collector

Anybody buy this mag? I have Indigo book store set it aside each month. It is a wonderful read and covers all genre of music
  3. opt80

VOA Program

Hi Everyone, As you know AK and Mr and mrs Grumpy collect funds for under privileged families. Mr and Mrs work very hard to provide families with food and toys for Christmas Day. This year they are coming up a little short on Funds if you would like to help send to this addy any thing you...
  4. opt80

I Know I Should Know

The Make and model
  5. opt80

Miles and Dr Suess

Thsi cartoon was in a newspaper in 1990 shortly after the death of this 2 great men
  6. opt80

Help With Song

I have this lyric stuck in my head.I can hear the harmonica etc but I can't think of the artist! "A long time ago,boys" when we blah blah,blah" I know I have it on cd but who is the frakin artist,I've eliminated Hiatt,Guy Clark,Joe Ely,R Thompson, The tempo is very fast almost...
  7. opt80

Aiwa DX 1500 CDP

I found this puppy at Value Village for $9.99.I almost walked away but upon opening the drawer I liked the 3 little blue pegs the cd sits on. Searching the web I find words like rare,great sound used. Anybody have a DOB or info on this player? I found one in Spain advetised for $650...
  8. opt80

Coming My Way

I bought these from a CAM(Canuck Audio Mart) member in Ontario.Should they go on stands?KEF Concords
  9. opt80

Happy Birthday To Echowars

Happy Birthday Glenn
  10. opt80

Raynld

Ray sent me a remote pro bono.Shipped Monday here today in a box which I had to use a borrowed Jaws of Life to open Thanks again Ray Alan
  11. opt80

Happy Birthday Thatch

Hope you had a good day,David
  12. opt80

Reputable Dealer

http://tommysjazz.com/main.sc I have been buying from Tommy for years,great and rare jazz stuff
  13. opt80

The Continuing Saga of the DCD820 CDP

I received the remote I needed today. The volume sets at the Maximum of 0. It sounds very nice as Cannonball Adderley fills the room. I want to thank everyone who helped cure the problem for me,as stated in my Bartertown ad.(no sound,cause of no remote. I am surprised that I had to set the...
  14. opt80

Fixing The Acurus

Lately my Acurus ACD-11 CDP has been mis-tracking and acting weird. I took it out of the system and decided I'd open her up. Now the ACD has "Air Contrained Dampening",I open it up and there is this brown thing lying over the transport,I flip it over and it is a piece of Dynamat.I pick up...
  15. opt80

Tragedy

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Local/2014-03-29/article-3669762/NEW:-Three-dead-in-fire-at-former-Sherwood-Greens-in-Charlottetown/1 Sad,Sad,Sad
  16. opt80

Pioneer T7300R

I have snagged a pair of these from Pat @ Back Alley/ 4 way 8 ohm 240 Watts 15 inch woofer with an array tweeters I can't find any info on them but the one I have home sounds great. Alan
  17. opt80

Arcam 7SE

As some of the long time AKers know I sold my Arcam CD73 5 years ago.I always regretted it but at the time I needed insta-cash. Last week the 7SE came on sale on CanuckAudiomart.it was too good to pass on and the seller was nearby in Fredericton ,New Brunswick He mailed it out last friday...
  18. opt80

Jbl plus

I was at Most Wanted and they had a pair of JBL PLUS 880 speakers..2 ways. There is no info on google when I search I only get a response to the L88 speaker. Thanks Alan
  19. opt80

Wobble Stops

Want to raise the front of your speaks for little bucks?
  20. opt80

Psb180w

I wandered into Most Wanted Pawn Shop on my way to the grocery store. It was after work I was tired,hungry,and needed a treat. I go upstairs and there are the speakers,$59.CAD. I pick one up and carry it downstairs and it is heavy.One of the staff asks if I want that,I said yep and there is...
  21. opt80

To All My Jazz Buddies.

This is who I buy most of my stuff from https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/14210004c31db64c Don't expect fast turnaround but if you email him (mention Alan Callaghan sent you) he'll put you on the mailing list. Today I received Deborah Carter ~ Blue Notes and Red Shoes Chet~...
  22. opt80

Sound Dynamics SD30s

I was moseying around my favorite haunts and I found the above mentioned speaks. Took them home,washed the grills and polished the wood\veneer. They are hooked up to the Acurus DIA150 and they sound pretty good.Played some Chet Baker and Boz Scaggs Memphis I was worried they might sound...
  23. opt80

Samsung CDH-44R

So I am at my favorite pawn shop,Most Wanted I wander upstairs to yhe electronics and the above CD player is there. So most members here know my penchant for CD Players,in the old daysof Ak I was teased daily about my obsession. Anyhow,I look at the price $4.95,looks goood,I grab it and...
  24. opt80

JBL 2800 Speakers

These are at a pawn shop I frequent they want $80CDN. I thought that was pricey. What do the Speaker experts say. Thanks Alan
  25. opt80

Chet Baker~ NightBird

My cd of the above arrived today,I managed to get it for $23.CDN.Some of the prices on EBay are very high for this recording. Van Morrison sings "Send In The . Clowns" I am on a Chet Baker kick,I am trying to amass as many as I can that are not the standard Chet stuff. The last one I...
Back
Top Bottom